Sceptile/Pelliper?

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Sceptile7990, Jan 15, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sceptile7990

Sceptile7990 New Member

Tell me what you think of this deck. Where I play, there is a lot of Blaziken and I want to use Sceptile.

Pokemon (19)
    2:Sceptile Lizard Poison
    2:Sceptile Energy Trans
    4:Grovyle
    4:Treeko
    2:pelliper
    2:Wingull
    2:Dunsparce
    1:Zangoose

Trainers (24)
    3:pokemon Nurse
    1:Bill's Maintenance
    2:Copycat
    4:MooMoo Milk
    1:pokemon Fan Club
    2:potion
    3:professor Oak's Research
    4:Switch
    4:Wally's Training (out of Elm's Training Method)

Energy (17)
    10:Grass
    4:Rainbow
    3:Water

That's it. Keep in mind the Pellippers are only for Fire decks or grass resistant decks. Also keep in mind that all of Pellipers attacks only require one water energy.

2. Dek

Dek New Member

well first off (no offense), please take out the "hot green" text. It really burns my eyes

*remember's Diablo II set items*

Anyhoo, since there arent any Pokemon-ex in your deck, I would suggest this

-4 Moo-moo milk
    +3 Mr. Briney's Compassion
    +1 Potion

Briney's compassion, if you dont know, is just like a super scoop up w/out the coin flip. It should work very well with the deck.

3. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

Get some new Elm's Training Method. They are way better than Wally's Training. Nintendo only printed that card because it will be good when Expedition (PETM), Aquapolis, and Skyridge (Fast Ball) rotate out. Until then, I don't wanna see anybody using Wally's Training.

Pokemon First:

- 2 Groyvle
    + 1 Dunsparce
    +1 Wingull
    That keeps it at an even nineteen.

Energies:
    Change Rainbow to Multi
    - 1 Multi
    +2 Water
    18 Energies

Trainers:
    Here's were the real work is to be done. Like I said, drop the Wally's for PETM, so much better.
    - 1 Switch
    -2 Potion (you don't need moomoo and potion)
    -1 Bill's Maintenance
    -1 Fan Club
    -2 Copycat
    +4 Rare Candy
    +2 Low Pressure System (very helpful, lets Energy Trans Sceptile survive Firestarter Blaziken's attack, this will save you some games)

Thanks for posting the deck. Yes this is sixty. Don't worry, I checked.

4. Sceptile7990

Sceptile7990 New Member

Thanks for the advice. Does anyone think this can actually work with all the Blaziken around?

5. Pidgeotto Trainer

Pidgeotto Trainer New Member

If you simply want to counter Blaziken play Sceptile/Wailord instead of Pelipper. I think Sceptile tech needs 2 Wobuffet.

6. BoDragon

BoDragon Member

I would noy use 4 Treecko, 4 Grovyle, and 4 Sceptile in a deck. I would take out 1 Grovyle and put 3 Rare Candy the deck. Wingull's Stockpile is good, so I would add another one and another Wingull. Take out the Dunsparce and have 2 Zangoose in the deck.

Pokémon (17)
    (3) Grovyle (EX: Ruby & Sapphire, #32/109)
    (2) Sceptile (EX: Ruby & Sapphire, #11/109) Lizard Poison
    (2) Sceptile (EX: Ruby & Sapphire, #20/109) Energy Trans
    (4) Treecko (EX: Ruby & Sapphire, #76/109)
    (3) Pelliper (EX: Ruby & Sapphire)
    (3) Wingull (EX: Ruby & Sapphire)
    (2) Zangoose (EX: Sandstorm)

For your trainers, it is best to have some drawing power going. This requires Copycat, Juggler, Professor Oak's Research, and TV Reporter. To extend the life of your Grass Pokémon, I would get some Low Pressure System.

Trainers (22)
    (3) Copycat
    (2) Juggler
    (2) Low Pressure System
    (3) Oran Berry
    (3) Potion
    (3) Professor Oak's Research
    (3) Rare Candy
    (3) Switch
    (3) TV Reporter

Your Grass Pokémon will take up some energy, so ten Grass Energy are not enough. I would add two more Water Energy if anyone tries to pull off some energy removal tricks.

Energy (21)
    (12) Grass Energy
    (4) Rainbow Energy
    (5) Water Energy

7. The Shepherd

The Shepherd New Member

put in wailord... I used to play sceptile/ wailord and it did very well until all the new EX came along

Last edited: Jan 24, 2004
  8. BoDragon

BoDragon Member

Wailord and Pelipper, both from EX: Ruby & Sapphire, are very good Pokémon to use in a deck.

Wailord has two good attacks and a high HP. The drawbacks are five Energy for Surf and four Energy for retreating. I would probably put 2 in a deck along with 4 Water Energy.

My favorite of the Pelipper, this one can work. It has a lower HP and has good attacks. Stockpile should be the first attack used to prepare for the massive attacks of Spit Up and Swallow. Both take up fewer energy and can cause more damage than Wailord.

For speed, I would consider Pelipper.

9. BoDragon

BoDragon Member

Even if the Defending Pokémon switched, Pelipper's next attack will work. Pelipper could not attack if it was Asleep, Confused, or Paralyzed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.