scholarship - what would you do?

Discussion in 'TCG News & Gossip Discussion' started by thegatekeeper, Oct 26, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thegatekeeper

    thegatekeeper New Member

    Please let me start by saying sorry, as I kind of asked this a few months ago.

    I have $500 ins cholarship. I would like to use this to pay for my daughters next term at pre-school (2-3 year olds).

    Simply put, do I fill in the forms and ask the money to be sent to me (the father), who will obviously be paying for my daughter... OR do I fill in the form as if it being transferred to someone ELSE (my daughter) but the money STILL needs to go to me as she is obviously too young to receive it!?

    Pay ME or TRANSFER scholarship to daughter (but still need to pay me)!?

    I DID e-mail the POP scholarship about this a few months ago but the answer did not really answer this direct question :( and sadly, it took AGES for a reply.

    If you were me, would you simply fill in all the forms, send proof of pre-school costs documentation along with a letter explaining the situation?? That is what I am leaning towards.

    Please do not reply like last time saying things like ' I wouldn't waste it now, just wait till she is older', because, well, what's the difference? Money now is the same as money then... and, to be frank, I need the money relief now!

    Perhaps there are other 'dads' that have done similar things? What did any other 'adults for little ones' do?

    Thanking all in advance for any helpful comments :)
  2. Spotter

    Spotter New Member

    For tax purposes, it greatly benefits you to transfer it to you daughter. I also believe that's the way it HAS to be done, as you are looking to use it for an educational institution at which YOU are not enrolled. At any rate, that's the way I did it. I sent in all the paperwork at the same time, transfer to my son's name, request for disbursement, etc., and it all went through without a hitch.

    Best luck,
  3. thegatekeeper

    thegatekeeper New Member

    Sounds like a plan!

  4. andceo

    andceo New Member

    I want to ask one thing more about scolarships, as we are in topic.

    I have earned scolarships for 2250$ in the last 3 years.
    Now i'm enrolled in an University.
    I pay 750$ each year for University Taxes.
    If i provide enrollment recepits/proofs, can they give me the full amount (2250$ so i can use the others to pay next years and books) or they will give me 750$ per years, so the EXACTLY amount i pay each year?

    I e-mailed [email protected], but i feel like i'm having e-mail problem, so while i try to solve them i want to ask you if someone else did it in the past.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page