Scizor Aquapolis Question!

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by Daddiursa, Feb 17, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Daddiursa

Daddiursa New Member

As I'm thinkin' of using Scizor from Aquapolis in a deck soon I'd like to be 100% sure about the ruling on it.

1) If I use his snatch attack and bring out a Cleffa from the bench and do 20 damage to it, that means no baby-rule, right?

2) If I use 3 Rainbow NRG to power him up, then I can flip 3 coins on the Heavy Metal attack, cos it says "for each Energy", not energy card, right?

Well, a confirmation from someone who's sure should do the trick.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2004
  2. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

1) Right. The attack started while the Baby was not active, so you have passed the Baby flip by the time the Cleffa is brought up.

2) Right. You'd flip for them. Even if it said Energy card. It's only when it says "basic energy card" do you have to worry about it. And since we're talking about Metal Energy, that would never come up.

3. Marriland

Marriland New Member

1) Right, no baby-flip. This is because it's an effect of the attack, and since you've already started the attack against a non-baby Pokemon, the Baby Rule isn't activated.

2) Yes, Rainbow Energy would count toward Heavy Metals flips for exactly the reasons you said. So, with 4 Rainbow and 4 Metal Energy... You could get 8 flips ;)

4. Daddiursa

Daddiursa New Member

The End!

Great helping - nice to be sure! A cool pokemon this is then...
    Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 17, 2004