Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Scrambled Eggs (now with not so much eggs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ditto

ok, so here's an old deck of mine with some new twists.

2 Exeggcute AQ1
2 Exeggcute AQ2
4 Exeggutor AQH
3 Bulbasaur EX1
1 Ivysaur EX
3 Venusaur EXH
2 Zigzagoon SS
2 Linoone RS
2 Skitty RS2
2 Delcatty RSH
1 Magnemite DR3
1 Magnemite DR2
2 Magneton DR1

3 Professor Oak's Research
2 Copycat
2 Prof. Elm's Training Method
3 TV Reporter
2 Oracle
1 Low Pressure System
1 Switch
1 Warp Point
3 Rare Candy

3 Warp Energy
7 Grass Energy
5 Lightning Energy

ok, so i'm sure the first thing you notice (if you get past the part where you say witw ?_?, lol) is that this deck has a ton of pokémon (at least compared to my normal likes). reason being is that this decks relies more on it's pokes to support it than it's trainers (something were starting to see again for the first time in a long time). once this deck gets out it's almost totally self-sufficient (sp?, eh). now i know that eggs would prolly work better with blaze, and that raquaza would prolly work better than eggs in this deck (which i'm prolly gonna switch to) but i wanted to try it at least first, (just me being stubborn prolly, lol). so as you can tell, eggs attacks and is replenished by mags power while venu lets you drop both of the energy. kitty and ferrit for draw/search. trainers are a given, finally gave into training method, lol. gym for the grass and electric i have in here. only one of each of switch and warp cause i have 3 warp energy that i can use with venu to get out pretty nicely and it counts as energy so double duty, but it's always nice to have the trainers too, so one of each since they have more or less the same effect and each is needed in turn. candy so i can get all this crap out fast, even for eggs: have nothing out but venu and like kitty, then play eggs, candy, big eggs, switch, attach, and out of no where you're going again. just stuff like that. energy, warp for mentioned earlier, grass, duh, and electric since eggs only needs colorless really (though his second attack isn't bad at all), but more for mags attack, which is like a mini gardi EX. anyway, tell me what you think.

Last edited:
Kendle!!!

yeah, though i love eggs (he's better with roselia and the rumored Meganium EX)

i would switch it out for Rayquazza-EX

the only thing that i don't like is that you rely on flips, which is a big NO-NO

i think that you should make a few changes to this version though

try something like this

4 cute (i'd go all :psychic: )
4 cutor (possibly 3-1 :grass: / :psychic: .. the :psychic: just to help vs normal gardy, steel, and :fire: )
3 bulba
1 ivy
3 venus
1 roselia (power up even faster)
2 skitty
2 delcatty
2 magnemite
2 magneton
-24-

3 warp
8 grass
4 lightning (if you play one :psychic: cutor, switch for multi)
-15-

3 reporter
3 copycat
3 research
2 oracle
3 rare candy
1 LPS
1 town vols
3 warp point
2 :grass: cube (this would help you in some tight spots, but i ran out of ideas of what to put here)
-21-

i'd also think about something that would get basics out like fan club or net search

that's about it, see ya tonight mikey

ok, so i just got back from a tourney (damn 2nd place again, this is getting annoying, lmao) and i more or less through the changes to this deck out of no where. it worked great though, cept to my crap games against scott (you know that first one was chank). anyway, here's what i used:

3 Latias ex DR
3 Bulbasaur EX1
1 Ivysaur EX
3 Venusaur EXH
2 Zigzagoon SS
2 Linoone RS
2 Skitty RS2
2 Delcatty RSH
1 Magnemite DR3
1 Magnemite DR2
2 Magneton DR1
2 Copycat
3 TV Reporter
2 Oracle
1 Pokemon Fan Club
1 Low Pressure System
1 Warp Point
2 Switch
1 Pokemon Nurse
2 Moo-Moo Milk
3 Rare Candy
3 Multi Energy
6 Fire Energy
6 Water Energy

as you can see it's no longer really scrambled eggs (unless i'm getting baby latias), but this works a lot better than eggs. the stratigy is mainly the same, just added more draw and some healing. the energy count works great so there's no problem there. i just need to make sure that i ALWAYS have some sort of drawing each turn, that's why i have an overload, cause as long as i have something then it runs fine. it's the times when i don't have something for a turn or two that it gets messed up. anyway tell me what you think.

YO MIKEY!!!!

a few things

1- not once did i see you use elm's training method!! it's useless!!! you have too much other draw power to worry about whether you get other things

2- where's the healing????? all u have is 1 nurse and 2 milks??? WITW are you thinking???

try these changes
-1 warp point (one is pointless, just add a 3rd switch, or vice versa)
-2 training method
+2 moomoo milk/nurse (couldn't decide on it, but more healing)
+1 switch (or lose the 2 switch and go all warp point)

well that's about it for now, but hey

BTW it was chank for both of us, but yes that round was CHANK!!

OOOOOOk SO i will give you some good input..here is my changes..

Pokemon: 21
4x Bulbasaur
3x Ivysaur
3x Venusaur
2x Skitty
2x Delcatty
2x Magnemite
2x Magneton
3x Latias Ex

Trainers: 22
4x Professor Birch
3x Professor Oak's Research
4x Oracle
2x Pokemon Fan Club
2x Professo Elm's Training Method
4x Oran Berry
2x Switch
1x Town Volunteers

Energy: 17
7x Fire Energy
7x Water Energy
3x Multi Energy

Ya so this decklist is more focused. Try this out. I like the idea.

~Colin

Last edited:
Hey colin, not to burst your bubble, but it's difficult to have 4 delcatty with only 2 skitty!!!!

and kendle will never give up the rare candies

SWAMPERT, last time i checked it, swanton put the magnetons right after the magnemites

Bigpoppabeatdown said:
Hey colin, not to burst your bubble, but it's difficult to have 4 delcatty with only 2 skitty!!!!

and kendle will never give up the rare candies

SWAMPERT, last time i checked it, swanton put the magnetons right after the magnemites

I made a lot of errors in the list i made lol. It SHOULD be fixed now. And i dropped Rare Candy because it freed up some room. I dont like to play rare candy due to omastar, its just not worth it imo.

~Colin

Bigpoppabeatdown said:
swampert........... details details.....:p

colin, who, besides me, plays omastar??

No one in our area..well besides Craig Jerguens..But Mike may play one in a tournament without just locals.

Last edited:
well for venusaur it is.......... (the pokemon, not you venusaur)....... all u need is the ivysaur out, and it's all good..... without gusts, u can't bring it up to ko it, so i think it's just fine like it was

Bigpoppabeatdown said:
well for venusaur it is.......... (the pokemon, not you venusaur)....... all u need is the ivysaur out, and it's all good..... without gusts, u can't bring it up to ko it, so i think it's just fine like it was

And what happens if this 1 Ivysaur is in the prizes? You lose?

yeah yeah yeah, well so what if it isn't??????? omastar against this deck........... you still lose!!!

lol

since ivy could easily be knocked out, it's not gonna make much of a difference

lol, i love how you guys fight over my deck, ;P. anyway, lets see here. rare candys, definatly staying, they are just way too important. speed is key and they make that work. but yes, like some of you have said, always keep at least 1 stage 1 in there too. as far as how the deck looks so scattered and unfocused, well, that's cause i group my trainers by the type of what they do. for example, switch and warp point both switch my pokemon, but one has the added bonus of making them switch too. but the key is they both switch my pokes. so if i play 2-1 of them, then really i'm playing 3 "switching" cards, which is what really counts. mixing up the actual cards used really just makes the deck more versitile, it just "looks" more scattered when it's really not. the real hard think right now that i'm running into is this, i almost, *almost*, want to take out the linoone line so that i don't have so many pokes, BUT the fact that i usually start with at least the zigzagoon if not the linoone to help get set up really is keeping me from taking them out. i still really like linoone but i just feel like i need to thin out the pokemon, but that limits me to trainers for draw (cause in all reality kitty helps more later game to cycle my hand once i can get all the energy i would ever need with mag) and most good draw trainers are supporters, which are limited. so in reality i would be limiting my draw and not helping it. there is the though of cards like master ball or fast ball (which with the thined out pokemon choice, would work better than if i just added them in now), but i can't really think of any other non-supporters that would be worth it. cause while linoone is awesome search and can attack against dragons or just in any pinch, really it's only purpose is to get everything out. and so if i could do that some other way and thin out my pokemon that would prolly end up being better. i don't know though. here's the last i've messed with the deck.

3 Latias ex DR
3 Bulbasaur EX1
1 Ivysaur EX
3 Venusaur EXH
2 Zigzagoon SS
2 Linoone RS
2 Skitty RS2
2 Delcatty RSH
1 Magnemite DR3
1 Magnemite DR2
2 Magneton DR1

2 Copycat
3 TV Reporter
2 Oracle
1 Pokemon Fan Club
2 Warp Point
1 Switch
4 Moo-Moo Milk
3 Rare Candy

3 Multi Energy
6 Fire Energy
6 Water Energy

that's all with still having the linoone in there. btw, IMHO i think birch is a waste, and i don't think it's worth playing, though if you can give me some good examples and comparisons i'm always open to change for the better. colin, i really think that oran berry just isn't the best choice. right now i have moo moo's (cause of my high HP) but even potions seem better than oran, *shrug*. i really don't need that much energy, this is more than i normally play anyway and i draw it all the time, plus mag is amazing and makes sure i always have some in my hand. i kinda do want to put that tv in there, but i don't know what to do about it. anyway, those are my thoughts and suggestions and contemplations. keep the comments coming as i'm always open to changing things, just try and give me the stratigy behind each change to help me follow better. thanks guys!

Ditto said:
lol, i love how you guys fight over my deck, ;P. anyway, lets see here. rare candys, definatly staying, they are just way too important. speed is key and they make that work. but yes, like some of you have said, always keep at least 1 stage 1 in there too. as far as how the deck looks so scattered and unfocused, well, that's cause i group my trainers by the type of what they do. for example, switch and warp point both switch my pokemon, but one has the added bonus of making them switch too. but the key is they both switch my pokes. so if i play 2-1 of them, then really i'm playing 3 "switching" cards, which is what really counts. mixing up the actual cards used really just makes the deck more versitile, it just "looks" more scattered when it's really not. the real hard think right now that i'm running into is this, i almost, *almost*, want to take out the linoone line so that i don't have so many pokes, BUT the fact that i usually start with at least the zigzagoon if not the linoone to help get set up really is keeping me from taking them out. i still really like linoone but i just feel like i need to thin out the pokemon, but that limits me to trainers for draw (cause in all reality kitty helps more later game to cycle my hand once i can get all the energy i would ever need with mag) and most good draw trainers are supporters, which are limited. so in reality i would be limiting my draw and not helping it. there is the though of cards like master ball or fast ball (which with the thined out pokemon choice, would work better than if i just added them in now), but i can't really think of any other non-supporters that would be worth it. cause while linoone is awesome search and can attack against dragons or just in any pinch, really it's only purpose is to get everything out. and so if i could do that some other way and thin out my pokemon that would prolly end up being better. i don't know though. here's the last i've messed with the deck.

3 Latias ex DR
3 Bulbasaur EX1
1 Ivysaur EX
3 Venusaur EXH
2 Zigzagoon SS
2 Linoone RS
2 Skitty RS2
2 Delcatty RSH
1 Magnemite DR3
1 Magnemite DR2
2 Magneton DR1

2 Copycat
3 TV Reporter
2 Oracle
1 Pokemon Fan Club
2 Warp Point
1 Switch
4 Moo-Moo Milk
3 Rare Candy

3 Multi Energy
6 Fire Energy
6 Water Energy

that's all with still having the linoone in there. btw, IMHO i think birch is a waste, and i don't think it's worth playing, though if you can give me some good examples and comparisons i'm always open to change for the better. colin, i really think that oran berry just isn't the best choice. right now i have moo moo's (cause of my high HP) but even potions seem better than oran, *shrug*. i really don't need that much energy, this is more than i normally play anyway and i draw it all the time, plus mag is amazing and makes sure i always have some in my hand. i kinda do want to put that tv in there, but i don't know what to do about it. anyway, those are my thoughts and suggestions and contemplations. keep the comments coming as i'm always open to changing things, just try and give me the stratigy behind each change to help me follow better. thanks guys!

Ok why Oran Berry is better then Moo Moo Milk or potion. I can give 2 reasons why its better...

1. If you are confused and you have like 100 HP and your opponent can do 70 damage and you cannot retreat or switch you either stay active and do nothing or attempt to attack. If you fail your opponent can KO you, but if you fail and have Oran Berry you will have 90 HP left rather then 70.

2. If you need to heal 20 damage not this turn but next turn and you need to Oak's Research or change your hand this turn then Potion would be of waste but you can attach Oran Berry then Oak's Research.

Heres a 3rd reason that isn't important in this deck but if you play Professor Birch you can get rid of the Orans from your hand and attach them then getting more from the draw.

So yes Oran Berry is better, unless Aerodactyle Ex gets popular I will still play Oran Berry.

Anyway Birch is good, maybe not in this deck. But it is good. You seem to have a large hand all the time because of all the cards adding to your hand. I can usually get my hand to about 1-3 cards and then birch to get 3-6 which is pretty good. But since you have Magneton Juggler would be better. But since you have Delcatty you should DEFINITLY max out on Oracle. Its just too broken not to.

~Colin

hmm...ok, i'll look into the oran berries, for now though, i'm thinking about:

-2 zigzagoon
-2 linoone
-2 elms training

+1 oracle
+3 masterball
+2 fast ball

that way i can still search for pokes and it isn't more supporters (cept the oracle) so i can use them even if i've already played a supporter. anyway, what do you guys think?

ok, so i just played a game and had one major problem, the issue of drawing still. i would end up always getting oracles when i didn't have kitty out yet, so either i need more of different kinds of draw, or more kitty. i was thinking about taking the 2 fast balls out for either another skitty and kitty or some other draw cards. since really the fast balls wouldn't work as well, since so many evos, anyway, i'm leaning towards the more drawing trainers but i don't know which ones. eh, any comments or suggestions would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back