Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

'Scuse me, but what are the top 10 non-restriction decks in order?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to know since my local hobby shop is running unofficial non-restriction decks every saturday.

In case you didn't know, by un-restricted I mean that you can use four of every card from any set including promos.

Thanks in advance.

~TheDarkshineKnight

1. slowking/sneasel
2. removal types (brock's sandslash or misty's golduck....... all with 4-4 removals)
3. muk decks
4. aerodactyl
5. wigglytuff
6. dark vileplume
7. jealousy
8. raindance
9. blaines rapidash *it works rather well)
10. some rogue decks

well that's about it........... but by far, the biggest key is disruption

I have a cleffable / jumpluff that is undefeated. sneasel slowking is the most difficult to beat for me, but if I just keep playing all my trainers and eeeeek-ing (cleffa-neo 1) I can eventually get a jumpluff w/ a focus to finish the game after I have also used cleffable's metronome to KO sneasel w/ beat up a couple of times. I'm sorry but I don't think any thing else come close. Muk falls too easy to gust and fable. energy removal don't hurt me. I'm all single NRG attacks. I have resistance to fighting pokemon on my Hoppip and Skiploom + automatic pioson.

Last edited:
Agreed. For unlimited, I play a Clefable/Muk deck. It's ability to abuse little amounts of energy and removal cards is amazing. The point of the deck is to keep the opponent from ever attacking at all. Muk shuts down any power based strategy (I.E., Slowking, Dark Vileplume),, and Clefable, obviously, abuses your opponent's attacks for a single energy. Very nice deck.

did.............

i don't know......... a well built slowking/sneasel deck is still by far the best deck around................

fable doesn't do much since any decent player plays tyrogue to counter it........... and some even play sprout tower

wiggly, chansey, and fable all suffer from sprout tower and tyrogue.........

and now that steel ruling has changed............ chansey is now back to it's normal, somewhat useless presence

if u don't play slowking............ YOU MUST TECH IN PICHU AND BROCK'S MANKEY!!!!!

those are the cards that help the most against evil slowking

yea I used to play a Steel Blissey(took 1st place in a side tourney at Indy w/ it). as far as red face paint he can hurt but my jumpluff line takes care of him, & sprout tower, I just have to have more gyms than my opponet

Oh and one more thing no Comps. , no item , & no oak. HP's are too high now you will deck your self. run 4 cleffa, 4 oak's research, & 4 elm. this is plenty fast enough, reasearch & eeek or elm &eeek, if not reasearch, elm & eeek on almost all the early turns. the only reason to contradict this is if you want to run 4 oak, 4 comp, & 4 plus power to go for an early kill/game, but if most people are running 12 basics like they should this will not happen very often.

Wow. I didn't expect so much help. Thanks everyone. Though I would prefer to play Slowking/Sneasle, I'll probably go with Vileplume since he's been my favorite pokemon since Red and Blue came out.

If someone could post decklists for both decks, I would really appreciate it.

~TheDarkshineKnight

I've been analyzing decks and this is what I made:

Pokémon:14
4 Slowpoke
4 Slowking
3 Sneasel
3 Electabuzz
Trainers:29
4 Oak
4 Comp
4 SER
4 ER
3 Finder
3 PlusPower
3 Gold Berry
3 Lass
1 Ballon Berry
Energy:17
6 Electric
4 Dark
4 Recycle
3 Rainbow

i know, i'm lazy too......... unfortunately if you didn't, the topic would be locked....... just trying to keep it alive

well here's my fix for ya

4 slowpoke
4 slowking
3 sneasel
2 cleffa
1 tyrogue
1 murkrow
-15-

4 dark
4 rainbow
4 recycle
-12-

3 oak
3 comp
3 item
3 ER
3 SER
3 lass
2 copycat/research
2 net search
3 gold berry
4 plus power
2 chaos gym
1 sprout tower
1 town vol
-33-

well that should make things run a bit smoother and make it possible for that beautiful lass, then EEEEEEEk combo

enjoy

Slowking/Sneasel
Rockets Zapdos
Raindance
haymaker
Aerodactyl
Fluffy
Chansey Bomb
Removal
Big Fire
Erikas jigglypuff

Those are all the ones I can think of off the top of my head.They are all really good and I've ran everyone of them.Good luck in the tourney though.

First of almost every unlim. deck should have Fable in it. End of story. But the top ten would have to be:

1.Fable/Jumpy
2.sneasel/slowking
3.muk/fable/?
4.-10. ?

Sneasel slowking is very over rated. All you have to do is put in ditto and that takes care of sneasel. and then slowking is left defenseless. or just run muk. its reallly not that hard to beat one. It's just a deck that people to run if they either don't have the skill or just don't know how to build a better deck.

AXE.......... what r u talking about?????????

sneasel slowking isn't overrated?????

ditto loses to babies, and tyrogue reams fable........... jumpluff has issues since it's a stage 2 and sneasel can beat up on hoppips and skiploom

Actually, the 'fable varient I played used Genesis Gligar. Free retreat, low energy attack cost, resistance to rogue. I had no trouble with 'rogue. I used very little healing (heavy Focus band), and since rogue couldn't usually one hit KO 'fable, I was fine. The most I saw was Slowking/Sneasel, and seeing as how fable thrives on abusing removal and low energy, that deck is very easy to play off of.

Although, AXE, I think you're overrating Fable's ability... the deck has to be centered VERY heavily around it for it to work. You can't just put it in as support, like you can Slowking.

Sprout Tower is nothing, Muk or Pichu deals with Slowking. Low energy requirements allows you to abuse trainers heavily.

I think unlimited is wide open now and we have just began to discover the possibilitys. I put together a Giovanni's Machamp / neo 3 Aerodactyl that did pretty good and imagine an unlimited BAR. I havn't had the chance to look too much, being so busy preparing for CC's, but there has got to be some awsome combo's out there waiting to be found.

that maybe true........ but slowking's best ability is it's speedy disruption

you'd have to get a beautiful starting hand, and hopefully be lucky enough for some trainers to go through.......

ditto and gligar both suffer from removals, and the usual teched murkrow could leave that cleffa of yours completely useless if it gets mean looked.........

sure u can eeek, but that's not going to save u if you can't do much

pichu is an annoyance and little else......... a ditto player can't play pichu or risk being gusted as a baby.......

muk is also annoying but can easily be handled due to its low hp

i just think that slowking/sneasel will continue to rule because of its speed and disruption

besides, fable has a large weakness to fighting which is a problem in unlimited

I have a brock's sandslash deck, and it has ripped apart decks that are weak to fighting

with removals and brock's protection, life is extremely nice...... add in the pewter city gym and scyther/gligar don't get the freedom of resistance

along with that......... fable suffers from one big thing............... CLEFAIRY!!!!!!!!1

fairy is a turn one OHKO for numerous things........... tyrogue, gligar with a plus power, and my favorite, an erika's puff with a plus power......... and with the set up draw support.......... that really simple to pull off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back