Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

SE WI Emerald Prerelease Sunday 5/1!

Broken Lizard

Pokémon EMERALD is coming to Wisconsin...

Sunday, May 1st
Hobbytown USA
17115-C Bluemound Rd
Brookfield, WI 53005
(262)-782-4332
Doors open at 12:00, Tournament begins at 12:30
Cost: $20

I will once again be giving the winner of each division a WHOLE BOOSTER BOX, provided the division has at least 12 players. This is in addition to the standard prizes!

I will also be offering a sanctioned Modified Constructed side event. To make it affordable, this side event will cost just $5, and to make it worthwhile, I will be putting 2 packs of Ex: Emerald into the prize structure for each participant. The top 8 finishers will get prizes, and with 32 players, the side event prizes would look like this:

1st: 18 packs
2nd: 15 packs
3rd: 12 packs
4th: 9 packs
5th: 6 packs
6th: 3 packs
7th: 2 packs
8th: 1 pack

So, I ask you: where else can you have this much fun getting so many packs of the newest set?! :biggrin:

Love everything except the date. More than likely, Pastimes in Niles will be holding theirs on the same date, then both places will be out about 15 people. I'm not driving 1.5 hours when I've got a perfectly good (enough) Pre just half an hour away.

*****This post is purely speculation, but Alan likes running his Poke events on Sundays now, to get us out of the way of MTG and YGO.

I don't have anything else going on then, so I'll be there for most likely the main event and side event. *Writes on calender.* Whoops.... I don't have a choice come that time. I'll be in 15+ (6 days after my birthday.... I'll be the youngest 15+ players! Yay!).

Sounds good, would be nice to have a Saturday and Sunday Pre weekend that won't burn off a ton of gas... I don't like to travel all around the countryside everytime, lol. I'm sure I'll be invading with some IL people again, as usual. I look forward to seeing the new set.

Now the Millers will finally have a 'better' reason not to bring you places since you'll be in his age group now. Not like he ever wins anything anyway.

Rulemaster said:
ha that will be fun hyp, finally up in 15+ with us. ill actually get to play you

Sacrifices must be made. :wink:

I originally wanted to do Saturday, but the venue was unavailable. Hopefully the Chicago prerelease will not conflict. It's always good to have the Chitown-cheesehead rivalry going!

Last edited:
Tentative prerelease schedule to my knowledge...
April 30th--Niles
May 1st--Brookfield and Rockford
May 7th--Whitewater (ran by the Manitowoc people)
May 8th--Manitowoc

I think Green bay is supposed to have one too now and I think they want to do it the first weekend. So there might be 6 prereleases in WI and northern IL, 2 of which would be first timers for prereleases and rockford being new--this would be their 3rd I think. Just once again shows that Pokemon is gaining popularity again.

Now that we have so many locations in the general vicinity, there is no way that there will be only one available prerelease on the same day.

It's too bad really, but there's nothing to be done about it...

I'm very excited for this, as this looks to be an outstanding set!
:biggrin:

Sounds like Green Bay is planning their prerelease for May 1st as well. I doubt that will take away from brookfield's numbers much if at all. Non of their locals travel out of town at all really and I'm sure most people that are in between Brookfield and Green Bay will continue to come to Brookfield.

I'm looking forward to trying to get back to back wins at your prereleases--I sure wouldn't mine winning another box :thumb:

I think it will definitely be better than Deoxys. The 3 Deoxys and 3 Deoxys ex are pretty weak and not viable in the current format.

Back