Searching for Stadiums

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by Cardzmaster2004, Oct 11, 2010.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Cardzmaster2004

Cardzmaster2004 <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

Sorry, tis getting late and I'm blanking on this for some reason...

...but in the current Modified format is it possible to search your deck for a specific Stadium card by using a supporter or trainer card? I'm thinking there is, but I can't remember the card right now...

~Cardz.

2. Kayle

Kayle Active Member

Not possible with a supporter or trainer (except Twins and PokeDrawer +).

Honchkrow G can do it though.

3. Alaska

Alaska New Member

x2 Pokedrawer.

the only thing i can think of atm, i really need something like this aswell to help consistency with Arcues.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

4. WittyNameHere

WittyNameHere New Member

Victory Medal as well

5. Mewtral

Mewtral New Member

And Night Teleporter!!! Wait, say what?

6. Politoed666

Politoed666 New Member

Aside from the specific cards mentioned there, if a Stadium is critical to your deck's success, run four Honchkrow G and a couple Poké Turns. I actually tried it awhile back and, when you max Collector, it works very, very well. Of course, generally Stadiums aren't that critical to your deck's success, but hey. Whatever works.

Basically, you try to get a Honchkrow G active T1 and use Honcho's Command for the Stadium and a Poké Turn to scoop up the Krow next turn. Pretty smooth, but it's a dead draw late in the game.

7. Tim17

Tim17 <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

well there is always a choice with SF #38 Farfetch'd Lv 29 between getting a Trainer, Supporter or a Stadium. Both its attacks cost :colorless: - granted the second attack is "flippy".

8. Patsfan112892

Patsfan112892 New Member

Victory medal
    2x pokedrawer
    Twins

9. DragonClyne725

DragonClyne725 New Member

CURRENT format. twins has not been released yet

10. Porii Sames

Porii Sames Active Member

Hey, it has its uses :lol:.

11. TheKing

TheKing New Member

not sure if its still legal but Scott lets you find stadiums

12. espeon1

espeon1 New Member

Hasn't been legal for a long time TheKing. But yeah, like everyone else says, just drawer, victory medal, night teleporter and honchkrow...

P.S. Donphan, your avatar is terrifying

13. Lord Broly

Lord Broly New Member

The Last card that we had that could search for Stadiums I believe was Scott and I think
    it was from either UF, CG, or PK. But yes any of those other cards listed above that search
    for any card work.

14. The_Envoy_of_Chaos

The_Envoy_of_Chaos New Member

^ Wrong on all three counts Broly. Scott was released in EX Emerald.

Honchcrow G, PokeDrawer +, Night Teleporter and Victory Medal would have to be the viable choices.

15. Tim17

Tim17 <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

so I'm assuming that SF Farfetch'd isn't due to it requiring an energy unlike Honchcrow G?

and yes espeon1, I would have to agree that Donphan's avatar is a tad creepy. *thinks the chucky of pokémon*

16. arMILO

arMILO New Member

Wow that's news to me cuz i'm looking at a scott with the power keepers crest? (is that right) on it.

17. The_Envoy_of_Chaos

The_Envoy_of_Chaos New Member

Originally printed in EX Emerald, reprinted in Power Keepers. Probably should have mentioned that,apologies.

Yes, Farfetch'd isn't as good at Honch as it requires an energy. The ability to choose between a Trainer, Supporter or Stadium card isn't work that attachment.

18. Tagrineth

Tagrineth New Member

The dead draw aspect can be mitigated somewhat by running Pokemon Communication, but then you're leaving yourself potentially open to dead draws against trainer lock.