several questions plz help me

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by TheNix, Jul 14, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
  1. TheNix

TheNix New Member

OK haven't been at official tourneys since fossil set was brand new, so i have a few questions.

1. The rule book says that Lvl X cards are not evolutions or basic pokemon so I assume that Supporters that say you may get out a pokemon (basic or evolution) they can't get out a lvl x, but supporters and trainers that say you may get out a pokmeon (doesn't specify basic or evolution) that I could get out a lvl x. Is this true?

2. Rare candy says you can evolve a card to it's stage 1 or 2, does this mean you can evolve a basic pokemon with this card the turn you play the basic pokemon?

3. What makes the supporter Team Galactic's Wager a great card? I mean what if you lose the game? Is there something i don't get here, or is making your opponent shuffle their hand the great part?

Thank you :smile:

2. The_Lurb

The_Lurb New Member

1. No, cards that say "you may search for a basic pokemon or evolution card" are now treated as saying "pokemon card" so you can get lv.xs.

2. Correct.

3. There are many reasons why this card is good. One is what you said, another is the existence of Claydol from Great Encounters it's Poke-power, Cosmic power lets you put up to two cards from your hand to the bottom of your deck and then draw until you have six cards in your hand. This means that even if you lose the Wager you have a six card hand. Another is Gardevoir from Secret Wonders attack completely locks your opponent from using powers which means the opponent can't use their Claydol to recover from Wager during their next turn if they lose the Wager.

There's more reasons that I'm sure someone will list but I'm pretty tired right now.

3. Heatherdu

Heatherdu New Member

Just to clarify a bit on your first question. If the supporter or trainer states 'a Pokemon' (such as Bebe's Search) or 'choose a Basic Pokemon or Evolution card' (such as Celio's Network) then you can get a Lv. X. But if it simply states 'a Basic Pokemon' (such as Great Ball) then you cannot get a Lv. X even if it is the Lv. X of a Basic like Darkrai. Also if the card states 'an Evolution card' (such as Professor Elm's Training Method) then you cannot get a Lv. X because they are not evolutions.

4. Time for Pain

Time for Pain <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?

Also if your opponent has a good hand then you can wager it away

5. charchar

charchar New Member

Or a BIG hand. Thats what i get in almost every match. By turn 7i have a 15 cards hand :p

6. Magic_Umbreon

Magic_Umbreon Researching Tower Scientist, Retired

Sorry if this isn't helpful to you but looking at upcoming cards:

Wager voids Jirachi's first attack. Wager negates the effects of Sableye.