Several Team Galactic's Wager questions

Discussion in 'Ask the Rules Team' started by Cyrus, Aug 23, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cyrus

Cyrus Iron Chef - Master Emeritus

A hopefully end-all list of questions concerning Team Galactic's Wager (Mysterious Treasures) and Misty's Duel (Gym Heroes)...since it's the former that's causing us trouble, though, I'll only reference it by name.

-Unlike flipping coins and rolling dice, which are quite obviously meant to be randomization methods, do Pokemon Organized Play, TC, and (most importantly) PCL consider Galactic's Wager a randomization method, or a game of skill/strategy?

-When player A is adamant about playing classic RPS, and player B is adamant about using a _different_ method to determine RPS, who should the judge side with? I'd assume the answer to question one also answers this question?

-Should a player be allowed to forfeit RPS? I suppose the answer to this one also rests on the first question.

-Is Pokemon RPS limited to only the original three, or can you play variants of the game?

-RPS obviously creates time issues. However, should they concern a judge? If PCL defines RPS as luck, then there should theoretically be no problem, but if PCL defines the game as skill, then clearly a player could use it to stall for an unknown period of time.

Sorry if this seems like a pain, but I figured somebody needed to actually post questions to get the ball moving, rather than just rely on blind speculation. It seems like the game's definition of RPS clears up most issues we could have.

2. mtjimmer

mtjimmer Master Trainer, Emeritus

R P S.

There is no ball rolling. It is RPS!

Some people do adopt the Avalanche, but I feel it is too strong of a move set, easily guessed. There are no variants, only R P S...definitely no dynamite.

3. bulbasnore

bulbasnore Administrator Staff Member Trader Feedback Mod

Car 125 is drafting the Jimmer-mobile

As with all stalling, call a judge. Not being simplistic, your application is noteworthy, but its the same answer.

No forfeiting allowed, play the card as written.

The use of a no hands strategy is permitted, involving 3 cards for each player like this:

• Shuffle three energy face down, peek, both players put their hand on their selection, reveal.
    • Repeat til there is a winner.

This should be reserved for resolving questions of fairness and accommodating people that have a hard time, or can't, perform the canonical rock paper scissors.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.