Sharing vs. Mr. Stone's Project

Discussion in 'Ask the Rules Team' started by charmander rox, Sep 3, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
  1. charmander rox

charmander rox New Member

Milotic δ from Dragon Frontiers
    Poke-Power Sharing
    Once during your turn (before your attack), you may look at your opponent's hand. You may use the effect of a Supporter card you find there as the effect of this power. (The Supporter card remains in your opponent's hand.) You can't use more than 1 Sharing Poke-Power each turn. This power can't be used if Milotic is affected by a Special Condition.

Mr. Stone's Project
    Supporter
    Search your deck for up to 2 basic Energy cards, show them to your opponent, and put them into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward. Or, search your discard pile for up to 2 basic Energy cards, show them to your opponent, and put them into your hand.

Let's say I use Sharing, and see Mr. Stone's Project in my opponent's hand. The rule for Mr. Stone is that once you play it, you can't simply 'check' your discard pile, you have to search it, like Holon Transciever. Because I used Sharing, and haven't chosen a Supporter card from my opponent's hand yet, can I check my discard pile before using Mr. Stone's???

Thanks.

2. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

All you have to do is, before you start looking, say, "I'm just checking my discard pile before I make any choice".
    You can even do that after you have chosen to use Mr Stone!
    The critical thing is making clear what you are doing and keeping your opponent informed.
    If you don't alert your opponent that you haven't made a choice yet, it's reasonable to think that you have. By saying that you haven't, you have eliminated that assumption.