Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Shining Pokémon Return 2

Sunflorazumarill

If you remember the Shining Pokémon I did 4 months ago, I've thought up yet some more for you to see! I have 8 more Shining Pokémon to show you! These particular Shining Pokémon have attacks, Poké-Powers, and Poké-Bodies that involve all sorts of things! Check them out for yourself and see what you think!

Shining Altaria
Pokémon card
{C}
80 HP
Basic Pokémon
You can’t have more than 1 Shining Altaria in your deck
Weakness: n/a
Resistance: {F} -30
Retreat cost: {C}
{G}{W}{L} Dragon Cross Does 30 damage to each Defending Pokémon and discard an Energy card attached to each Defending Pokémon.
{R}{W}{L}{C}{C} Dragon Ring Does 50 damage to each Defending Pokémon. Flip a coin. If heads, for each Defending Pokémon, choose a Special Condition. That Pokémon is now affected by that Special Condition.

Shining Castform
Pokémon card
{C}
60 HP
Basic Pokémon
You can’t have more than 1 Shining Castform in your deck
Weakness: {F}
Resistance: {P} -30
Retreat cost: {C}
PokéPOWER: Atmospheric Shift Once during your turn (before you attack), if Shining Castform is your Active Pokémon, you may switch Shining Castform with another card with Castform in its name that is in your hand. If you do, attach all cards that were attached to Shining Castform to that Pokémon. This power can’t be used if Shining Castform is affected by a Special Condition.
{C} Weather Change Flip a coin. If heads, search your deck for a Stadium card named either High Pressure System, Low Pressure System, or Magnetic Storm and put that card into play. Shuffle your deck afterward.
{G}{R}{W} Climatic Strike This attack does 20 damage to every {R} and {W} Pokémon if a Stadium card named High Pressure System is in play, or 20 damage to every {G} and {L} Pokémon if a Stadium card named Low Pressure System is in play, or 20 damage to every {P} and {F} Pokémon if a Stadium card named Magnetic Storm is in play. (In all cases, yours and your opponent’s.) Don’t apply Weakness and Resistance for this attack.

Shining Feraligatr
Pokémon card
{W}
110 HP
Basic Pokémon
You can’t have more than 1 Shining Feraligatr in your deck
Weakness: {G}
Resistance: n/a
Retreat cost: {C}{C}
PokéBODY: Energy Adaptation If there are any Special Energy cards attached to Shining Feraligatr, apply any effects of those Energy cards to Shining Feraligatr.
{W}{F} Ice Smash Flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Pokémon is now Paralyzed. If tails, discard 1 Energy card attached to the Defending Pokémon, if any. 20
{W}{W}{G}{G} Poison Cascade Flip a coin. If heads discard a {W} Energy card attached to Shining Feraligatr and discard 1 Energy card attached to each Defending Pokémon. If tails discard a {G} Energy card attached to Shining Feraligatr and each Defending Pokémon is now Poisoned. 40

Shining Jumpluff
Pokémon card
{G}
80 HP
Basic Pokémon
You can’t have more than 1 Shining Jumpluff in your deck
Weakness: {R}
Retreat cost: n/a
{G}{G}{W} Poison Freeze Flip a coin. If heads, discard 1 {G} and 1 {W} Energy card attached to Shining Jumpluff and the Defending Pokémon is now Paralyzed and Poisoned. 50
{G}{G}{L}{L} Cotton Laser Flip a coin for each of your opponent’s Benched Pokémon. If heads, discard an Energy card attached to that Pokémon. If tails, do 10 damage to that Pokémon. (Don’t apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.) 50

Shining Latios
Pokémon card
{P}
70 HP
Basic Pokémon
You can’t have more than 1 Shining Latios in your deck
Weakness: {P}
PokePOWER: Harmonious Souls Once during your turn (before you attack), you may use this Poké-Power. For the rest of the turn, Shining Latios has a copy of every attack your Pokémon with Latios in their names in play have (including their Energy costs and anything else required in order to use those attacks, such as discarding Energy cards). This power can’t be used if Shining Latios is affected by a Special Condition.
{G}{R} Infinity Dance Flip a coin. If heads, attach any number of Energy cards from your hand to your Pokémon in any way you like.
{P}{P}{G}{W} Desperation Blast If your opponent has 2 or fewer Prizes, this attack's base damage is now 90 instead of 50. 50

Shining Masquerain
Pokémon card
{G}
70 HP
Basic Pokémon
You can’t have more than 1 Shining Masquerain in your deck
Weakness: {R}
Retreat cost: n/a
PokéBODY: Tropical Rainstorm As long as Shining Masquerain is your Active Pokémon, after each player's turn, place a damage counter on every non-{G}, non-{W} Pokémon in play (both yours and your opponent's).
{G}{W} Mist Blast Does 20 damage to each Defending Pokémon. This attack’s damage isn’t affected by Weakness, Resistance, Poké-Powers, Poké-Bodies, or any other effects on either Defending Pokémon.
{G}{W}{R} Vapor Stream Does 20 damage to each Defending Pokémon. Flip a coin. If heads, each Defending Pokémon is now Asleep and Burned.

Shining Rhydon
Pokémon card
{F}
90 HP
Basic Pokémon
You can’t have more than 1 Shining Rhydon in your deck
Weakness: {G}
Resistance: {L} -30
Retreat cost: {C}{C}{C}
{F}{R}{R} Flame Rift You may discard a {R} or {F} Energy card attached to Shining Rhydon. If you discard a {R} Energy card, the Defending Pokémon is now Burned. If you discard a {F} Energy card, this attack does 40 damage plus 20 more damage. 40+
{F}{F}{F}{L}{L} Shock Quake Flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Pokémon is now Paralyzed. If tails, this attack does 60 damage plus 20 more damage. Either way, this attack does 10 damage to every Benched Pokémon (yours and your opponent’s). (Don’t apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.) 60+

Shining Starmie
Pokémon card
{W}
80 HP
Basic Pokémon
You can’t have more than 1 Shining Starmie in your deck
Weakness: {L}
{W}{L}{L} Hydroelectric Bomb Does 40 damage plus 10 more damage for each {W} and/or {L} Energy attached to Shining Starmie but not used to pay for this attack’s Energy cost. You can’t add more than 20 damage in this way. 40+
{W}{W}{P}{P} Psychoaquatic Core Flip 2 coins. If both are heads, the Defending Pokémon is now Confused. If 1 is heads and 1 is tails, the Defending Pokémon is now Asleep. If both are tails, the Defending Pokémon is now Paralyzed. 60

Last edited:
there all bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrooooooooooooooooooookkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkeeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnn exept cast form

Scribble said:
Hmmmm, the Shining Latios looks strangely familiar (coughWheel Gator's Shining Latiascough)

I know that. Since you did a Shining Latias, I thought it would be nice to have a Shining Latios as well. Notice the Energy differences though?

Yes, I do, but I expected Shining Latios to have attacks that are the counterparts of Shining Latias, e.g. a Rain-Dance style Infinity Rain attack. Oh well, at least we have both Latias and Latios now. :)

Last edited:
Scribble said:
Yes, I do, but I expected Shining Latios to have attacks that are the counterparts of Shining Latias, e.g. a Rain-Dance style Infinity Rain attack. Oh well, at least we have both Latias and Latios now. :)

I just went and changed Shining Latios's Infinity Dance attack to what you said it should do.

Last edited:
Back