Skyridge Electrodes Pokemon Power

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by Postdog2Gengar, Apr 12, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Postdog2Gengar

Postdog2Gengar New Member

How do I use it in a battle?

2. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

What Pokemon Power?
    Skyridge Electrode doesn't have a Power

3. dkates

dkates New Member

If you mean the Electrode I think you mean, it doesn't have a Pokémon Power. If one is revealed by E-reader, you can't use it except in casual play.

4. Postdog2Gengar

Postdog2Gengar New Member

Yeah, I was referring to the E-reader power. Otherwise, do I just say that I'm gonna use it and then scan the card? Why can't you use it in a tournament?

Last edited: Apr 12, 2004
  5. White Gryphon

White Gryphon New Member

If you plan to use an E-reader power or attack, then everyone who brought a card with such a power or attack to the tournament should be able to use it too. So if you're the only one who brought an E-reader to a tournament, then that power or attack should not be allowed to be used, just to be fair to everyone else.

6. Dro~

Dro~ New Member

I'm very interested to know what its power does. Can you please tell me? What other cards have hidden attacks?

7. White Gryphon

White Gryphon New Member

Porygon from Aquapolis (I think) has an e-attack. I forgot what it's called, but I think it does a random amount of damage and affects the Defending Pokemon with a random Status Condition.

8. mysterioustrainer

mysterioustrainer New Member

In tournament game-play it gets way to complicated to permit e-reader use, not to mention the unfairness involved. It really is unreliable.

Anyways. I swiped the card and here is how it would work in casual play:

PokePower: Energy Sprinkle
    You can use this PokePower once during your turn (before you attack). If Electrode is your Active Pokemon, this PokePower lets you move a number of basic Energy Cards from Electrode to any of your Benched Pokemon. This PokePower can't be used when Electrode is affected by a Special Condition.

At any time during your turn declare you are going to scan the Electrocard for its PokePower. Scan it and read the instructions to your opponent. Then use the power. The e-reader will determine how many energy cards you can move to your bench pokemon. If you have less than the number of energy attached to electrode to move. You move all of them. You cannot move less than what it tells you to move (unless you don't have enough energy). Your turn ends automatically (you don't get to attack).

9. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

It says "you don't get to attack"?

10. mtjimmer

mtjimmer Master Trainer, Emeritus

That's okay, another card says you have to do the Pika-Pika dance as a result of using a Poke-Power.

:D

11. GOROY

GOROY New Member

Are e-reader powers and attacks illegal for real tournament play?

12. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

Yes they are illegal, but we haven't had a ruling since WotC days.
    I doubt PUI would rule differently, but you never know...

13. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

Very few are worth using... Some are interesting though...

Mew is a Garunteed Status...

others do random damage, and or random Status....

I beleive every Power ends your turn, and can only be used when it is active... Only 2-4 cards, all from Skyridge, have Powers though... Kadabra is one, I think Ledian, and maybe one other... Cerebii has a full list of what each card does from all 3 true E-sets.

14. MegaVelocibot

MegaVelocibot <a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p

Okay, Poké-Powers and Poké-Bodies do NOT end your turn unless they say so in its text. So there :p