Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Skyridge Oracle - Combos

GymLeaderPhil

Hmm, now see earlier on with the reports of Skyridge Oracle being released, I was excited. We have not had a search engine similar to it since Computer Search (and Rocket's Secret Experiment which won me some draft games). Anyhoo, I was just considering the uses it has in the current Modified format, for what little time it has left in sanctioned play.

Oracle A La Mode:
Serves sixty cards

Crack open three Promotional Cleffas
Mix in four Oracles
Add in Bill (if it suits your tastes)
Throw it in a wok or on a slab of hot concrete
Cut, Shuffle, and Enjoy

Kidding aside, I think a few of us missed the potential of Black Star Cleffa and Oracle. Getting the two exact cards you need the turn you play it with either Cleffa or Bill is very useful. And if you can't get it the exact turn it's played, topdeck an Elm or the certain card you need.

Magcargo decks already use Oracle to make sure they manage to howl at least two fire energies. Perhaps Promotional Cleffa should be playtested in your next Cargo?

yeah the oracle bill combo is very nasty hmm lemme think top deck a bounce and metal energy for my aggron deck man I love that combo I keep finding new ways to use it too.

oracle, search for birch and a card you want. of course, that only works if you have like 2-3 cards in your hand, but then you get one card you want as well as 2 or 3 others.

Course if this combo becomes popular, expect Desert Shaman to be used to counter it.

That's why people combo with Bill, Mary, or Promo Cleffa -- it gets the cards into the person's hand before the opponent can do anything about it.

Promo Cleffa is good for the situation on hand, but what about when you don't have any Oracles. Genesis Cleffa is much better. It works better in more situations.

Besides, with the new Modified coming around, both Cleffas will most likely be banned.

Back