Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Slash the Evo Rule??

It's already been done. It wouldn't really solve or create much in the way of problems, just change the nature of the game slightly.

Even if it was legal, I doubt it would change that much. Most evolved Pokémon require more energy cards, plus the luck involved in drawing the evo and the basic in your starting hand (especially as the person who goes first no longer takes their first card draw!) make it something which would rarely get into play.

In Unlimited, First Turn Evos using Rare Candy or Wally would be easily achieved and would be horribly broken in many cases.

Actually, that would suck. I mean, its great that people can strategise, but when the match comes down to the quality of your starting hand, I worry.

But think about this one

1) it's your first turn, you get an eevee in your seven cards drawing, you use the rare candy and then you could evolve evee into flaeron of skyridge attach a boost energy (c)(c)(c) and you attack with burn booster.

2) this is a good aventage in your first turn that will make a great difference on the battle.

Last edited:
Quite true. I think Nintendo might be trying to make the game more strategic again by forcing us to wait until after the first turn to evolve, regardless of game effects.

Isn't that how it's always been done? I still remember in one of the first Pokemon tournaments I went to, one of my opponents, who was actually older than me and I'm about 23 now, tried to go Charmander, Charmeleon, Charizard in one turn. I told him he couldn't do that and he wouldn't listen until I pulled out my rulebook. I was lucky that I brought it with me since there wasn't a real TO or judge. I had a feeling I might need it. :)

Imagine in unlimited, Slowking & Aerodactyl locking down Trainers and other Evos! Or, you could Breeder into Harvest Bounty Venusaur and evolve a Scizor and give him 2 Metal o nthe first turn... enabling you to use Heavy Metal next turn.

Why even evolve? Just have all pokemon as basics! Yeah, we all saw what happened to VS.

No VS was a Japan-only set that consisted of g/s Gym leaderss pokemon. A few card from the set were released here and there, though.

Yeah, all the pokemon were basics. So there were basic charizards and such. WotC never printed the set but a few were printed like Rocket's Scizor and Rocket's Sneasel.

Back