Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Sleeper (No rares)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkates

I recently saw a post about a format where all cards are allowed except Rares. Promos are allowed, except for Best of Game. The idea for this deck instantly sprang into my head.

Pokemon (14):
4 Gastly (LC)
3 Haunter (Expedition)
2 Mewtwo (Movie Promo)
2 Tyrogue (Discovery)
3 Drowzee (Rocket)

Trainers (32):
4 Sleep!
3 Professor Oak
2 Pokemon Fan Club
1 Town Volunteers
2 Juggler
2 Oracle
3 Gust of Wind
3 Switch
3 Gold Berry
1 Sprout Tower
2 Imposter Oak's Revenge
4 Energy Removal
2 Bill

Energy (14):
14 Psychic Energy

Strategy: This is a Sleep-based deck, centering around Expedition Haunter. Drowzee and Sleep! can each put the opponent's Active to sleep during your turn on a flip, which lets Haunter strike with Dream Eater -- 50 damage for (P)(C). Since Computer Search is out, I used my favorite backup deck-search combo, Bill/Oracle. Gastly and Mewtwo can both pull Energy from the discard -- Mewtwo to itself, Gastly to the hand. Tyrogue, of course, counters Psychic Resistance by attacking those Pokemon's Weakness.

Last edited:
If anyone has fixes, I'm all ears. I'd also be interested in finding someone to playtest this against (Apprentice).

hehehehe cool lol... fun deck that i can actually build part of (of course im missing one sprout, 2 gold berries, and town voulenteers but lol...)

Well, none of them are rares, or they wouldn't be in here. Shouldn't be too hard or expensive to get the cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back