Sneasel Neo Genesis(the banned one) question

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by helghast101, Aug 17, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
  1. helghast101

helghast101 New Member

If he were equipped with 2 special dark energy, would each heads on beat up do 40?

2. Phazon Elite

Phazon Elite New Member

Nope.

Every heads flip increases the attack's base damage by 20. Dark Energy only increases the attack's overall damage after the base damage is calculated.

3. Ace-

Ace- New Member

You do:
    20*heads + 20 dmg

If u flip 2 heads and have 2 special energies attached on sneasel, you do 60 dmg because:

20*2=40+20=60

Btw. is sneasel banned?

4. butlerforhire

butlerforhire New Member

No, the extra damage from the Darks is added to the total amount of damage that has accumulated after you've completed all the flips and multiplied each heads by 20. So in your scenario with the 2 special Dark attached, for example, a Beat Up that scored three heads would do a total of 80 damage (20 X 3 + 10 + 10).

Edit: Man, 2 in the morning and 2 other people beat me to this as I was typing it. Anyway I guess I can answer the question posed by the Ace about Sneasel being banned. It is not banned in Unlimited and never has been, although it was banned during the original Modified format (which included Neo: Genesis, where Sneasel hails from) way back in the early 2000s. Slowking was prohibited from that as well.

5. Phazon Elite

Phazon Elite New Member

That particular Sneasel is banned from Modified play, but you can use him in Unlimited.

6. helghast101

helghast101 New Member

would a sneasel deck be good in unlimited???

7. butlerforhire

butlerforhire New Member

l + ol... I mean, the card got banned from Modified for a reason. It basically ruled Unlimited, along with Slowking and Murkrow, back in the day. I haven't played Unlimited in forever and I don't know of many others who have either, since POP doesn't have any premier events for it (kind of a shame actually. If they did, a lot of cards wouldn't just fall into a black hole every time a rotation occurred in Modified). I imagine it would still be effective though, especially now that Dark energy is in basic form as well as special. Just keep in mind that it has always worked best with cards that disrupt the opponent's ability to set up and use trainers, which is where Slowking comes in.

8. afstandopleren

afstandopleren New Member

what about that sneasel made it a banned card?

9. dragonspy900

dragonspy900 New Member

Sneasel was winning almost every major tournament due to it's low attack cost, high damage, no weakness, and free retreat.

10. helghast101

helghast101 New Member

why not? I think this list I came up with would be very effective.

Pokes: 18
    4x Sneasel (genesis)
    4x Cleffa (genesis)
    3x Slowpoke (genesis)
    3x Slowking (genesis)
    4x Murkrow (revelation)

Trainers:
    3x Bill (base)
    3x Professor Oak (base)
    4x Computer Search (base)
    3x Item Finder (base)
    2x Switch (base)
    4x Focus Band (genesis)
    2x Ecogym (genesis)
    4x Gust of Wind (base)
    3x Energy Charge (genesis)
    2x Lass (base)
    4x Darkness Energy(special)
    5x Psychic Energy
    3x Full Heal Energy

11. Phazon Elite

Phazon Elite New Member

That list right there will be thrashed around by any good Unlimited deck now. All I have to do is shut off your Slowkings for one turn, and I win.

Sneasel is just too outdated to be very good, just like almost every other old-school attacker.

12. helghast101

helghast101 New Member

would rain dance still be competitive with crawdaunt ex as the attacker?

13. ShinySwampert

ShinySwampert New Member

Rain Dance will always be great, no matter what happens. It's arguably the most broken power ever printed.

14. Sandslash7

Sandslash7 <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

The two top decks in Unlimited right now are Vileplume ex and Rain Dance.

Vileplume works because it shuts down trainers period, and Rain Dance works because of Massive damage from Suicune ex.

15. helghast101

helghast101 New Member

would crawdaunt ex be a good budget replacement for suicune?

16. Phazon Elite

Phazon Elite New Member

Honestly, Lumineon would be better. Any energies kept in play are usually subject to being discarded by your opponent.

17. helghast101

helghast101 New Member

I don't think any of my friends run any energy discard, but i like lumineon even better than crawdaunt cuz its an 8th the price... :)

18. Phazon Elite

Phazon Elite New Member

Exactly. Plus, it basically has the same attack as Suicune ex! : )

19. helghast101

helghast101 New Member

now i just need to get my hands on some blastoise base set...