2x Warp Point
1x Night Maintenance
2x BF
1x Glacia's Stadium

7x Water
4x Fighting
4x Scramble
1x Double Rainbow

Strategy: Start with Piplup. Get Prinplup out as soon as I can. I "Aqua Shower" repeatedly. I, inevitably will not gain any prizes from doing "Aqua Shower". While I'm doing this, I am setting up Marshtomp on the bench. When Prinplup is knocked out, my Marshtomp is ready to go. I can use Scramble Energy if I'm behind on prizes, which very well may be the case, since I did "Aqua Shower" a bunch of times. Marshtomp is parallel to Marowak [DS], of last year's Modified format. It's a card that's used to "clean up the field" after Prinplup.

1 Empoleon and Swampert are in there just in case I need them (perhaps I could use Swampert EX?). I threw in Marshtomp CG to take advantage of fighting weakness, if the situation arises.
Cess Crystal cos this deck relies on no Poké-Powers/Bodies at all (I only have one Swampert). Crystal Shard to deal with Water resistance if attack the active.
Warp Point helps because it doesn't really matter which of your opponent's Pokémon is active and retreat costs in this deck are higher than I would like.

Main attackers:
Pipulup- Water- 50 HP- Weakness L+10- Retreat 1
[W] Splatter - Choose 1 of your opponent's Pokemon. This attack does 10 damage to that Pokemon. This attack's damage isn't affected by Weakness or Resistance.

Prinplup- Water- 80 HP- Weakness L+20- Retreat 1
[W] Aqua Shower - Does 10 damage to each of your opponent's Pokemon. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokemon.)
[WW] Brine - Choose 1 of your opponent's Pokemon that has any damage counters on it. This attack does 40 damage to that Pokemon. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokemon.)

Marstomp- Water- 90 HP- Weakness G+20- Retreat 2
[2] Pound (20)
[2F] Muddy Bomb - Choose 1 of your opponent's Pokemon. This attack does 30 damage to that Pokemon and 10 damage to each of your opponent's other Pokemon. (Don't apply Weakness and resistance for Benched Pokemon.)

Last edited:
4-4-2-1-1 Empoleon MD/Emp DP/Emp X
2-2 or 3-3 Cloyster SW or Raichu d

Rare Candy
Warps
Cess
Wagers
Ball Engine

Waters
DRE
Scrambles

thats what I would try

Absolutely no DRE since they also reduce the damage done to benched Pokémon. I think the best Pokémon with Empoleon is either Omastar or Aerodactyl.

Attacking with a stage 1 that has a stage 2 is just sad...

Also 2 Battle Frontiers along with 3 Cess crystal. You can cut the stadiums there...

Last edited:
I like the deck a lot. Glaceon LvX springs to mind: built in power locking and a potential spreading attack with a little more kick. I think there is more potential with Glaceon and Marshtomp then a scramble fest with Jolteon for the mirror and/or just Swampert or Empoleon for the KOs. Whatever works I suppose.

i came up with swampert lucario, you can use the swampert ex as a heavy spreader and just memory berry your marshtomp, i'm glad someone else realised how good muddy water is but i honestly doubt it would work in a tourney

try an absol ex tech

4x Piplup [MD] 72
4x Prinplup [DP]
2x Empoleon [MD]
1x Empoleon LvX DP

3x Mudkip [GE]
3x Marshtomp [GE]
1x Swampert [GE]

4x Celio's
3x Roseanne's Research
2x Castaway
4x Oak's Visit
2x TGW
1x Copycat
2x Steven's Advice
3x Cess Crystal
1x Crystal Shard
2x Warp Point
1x Night Maintenance

7x Water
3x Fighting
2x Scramble
4x Multi Energy

alright. i slimmed down your Mudkip, and got rid of the bad marshtomp. Also, you run CC, so there's rlly no need for BF in the same deck. Also, you WANT to have the T2 shower, so i lowered your fighting, water, Scramble and DRE count by 1, and added 4 multi energy, as they provide the needed Water energy, while still being able to be used for the fighting energy. also, Empoleon, while not your main focus, is still good and is also rlly good for snipage, and the X is also good for it. you needed more consistant draw, and less of these 1x cards.

Thnx for the help. I'll be testing out the new ideas at league today. Not using the Cloyster idea right now, but will definitely keep it in the back of my head.

I have ran Lucario/Swampert at League for about 3 weeks back when GE came out, if Luc is about to get KO'd, retreat, switch ALL energy to the NEW one, and SSU the Old one!!!

^There aren't enough basics in the deck for me to benefit from call energy. This deck can function w/o Poké-Powers, so I run Cess Crystal.
----------
I'm back from league; I ran the following list:

4x Piplup [MD] 72
4x Prinplup [DP]
2x Empoleon [MD]
1x Empoleon LvX DP

3x Mudkip [GE]
3x Marshtomp [GE]
1x Swampert [GE]

1x Rowan
2x Mars
2x TGW
1x Copycat
2x Steven's Advice
2x Speed Stadium
4x Celio's
2x Roseanne's Research
1x Great Ball
2x Castaway
3x Cess Crystal
1x Crystal Shard
2x Warp Point
1x Night Maintenance

7x Water
2x Fighting
3x Scramble
4x Multi Energy

I ran 2 Rowan and 1 Mars because I forgot to trade for 3 Professor Oak's Visit. I chose to put in Speed Stadium for countergym purposes only (what if my opponent plays Beach?)

I played in a Modified-Constructed tournament we held at league. 10 players

Round One: (Beedrill/Claydol) "Brine" on his Weedle early game. Never got to use Scramble. Got out Empoleon and "Dual Splash" repeatedly. Won on prizes.

Round Two: (Gardellade) Started with Piplup and "Brine" on turn two. Had a bad hand and no way to get basics. She started with a lone Ralts and had no way to get set up. Didn't matter cos she got turn 3 "Psychic Cut" to KO my active. Sent out a lone Marshtomp. I use Scramble to attack with Marstomp, but her Gallade only had 80 damage. Turn four, she used "Psychic Cut" to KO my Marshtomp. I had no other Pokémon in play and lost.

Round Three: (Fire Monkey/Claydol) He started with Chimchar. I started with Piplup and got a benched Marstomp early game. I got set up and did everything I was supposed to do. He out of nowhere, pulled out a Pachirisu to KO my Prinplup (weakness FTL) that had a Cess Crystal on it. The game went in his favor as he got out two Fire Monkeys and lvX one of them until I was able to pull out Swampert and KO his Fire Monkey lvX. The game went to time. It was really close. I had three prizes and he had two when time was called. I sent out an Empoleon with Scramble. I used Night Maintenance to get enough basics into my deck to search with Roseanne's to get onto my bench for "Surf Together" so I could KO his last Fire Monkey. Unfortunately, I failed to realize that I had Empoleon lvX in my hand and I could've used "Hydro Impact" instead. We're tied on prizes and we still continue. My opponent had a Pachi and a Claydoll in play an is convinced that there's no way he can recover. I win. That was a fun game.

I go 2-1 and get 2nd place at the tournament. BTW, the person I faced round three is SuicidalPikachu and the person I played round one was aardvarkvcg.:smile: Suicidal Pikachu got third place in the tournament, and I passed down my prize to him, but he decided to split it with me.

Last edited:
oh thats why no claydol. sorry. i like it much better now. still could be some changes... maybe another swampert? i mean the prinplups and marshstomps can be 1HKOed by a lot of pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back