Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

So, I was Ebaying off some Pokemon cards when I noticed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
First one like that that I've seen.
If you ebay it, make sure you play up the error/misprint aspect.

That this Raichu has a weird error...

http://img187.imageshack.us/my.php?image=raichuwz6.jpg

LOOK AT WHERE THAT 1ST EDITION SIGN IS!!! (Yes, I scanned a Pokemon card)

Anyone able to tell me if this is common or not?

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask >_>

It is a fake card. It isn't worth anything.

First one like that that I've seen.
If you ebay it, make sure you play up the error/misprint aspect.

See, this is my point Mike. This card does have them ' over the e, but it is indeed a fake. Look at it's retreat cost and the energy symbols. They are a dead giveaway.

Drew

It is a fake card. It isn't worth anything.

See, this is my point Mike. This card does have them ' over the e, but it is indeed a fake. Look at it's retreat cost and the energy symbols. They are a dead giveaway.

Drew

I disagree, most of the fake energies symbols are fatter than that and are often misplaced by a few pixels.

Most fake pokemon cards (older ones you can do the see through test)
hold it up to a light sir, if you can see through it, it's fake.

I'd actually buy it to see if it is real myself or not

tina

looks real enough but with cards like this i cant always tell unless i actually have the card in front of me

It looks pretty real IMO.

Comparing the two reveals no visible differences between them...

Looks very real to me too, it may not be the best scan, but this Raichu does look interesting.
I don't think it's a fake. They even spelled pokemon correctly.

It's not fake. IPokemon was always spelled correct(with the ' over the e) and the font and energy symbols are real. And i doubt that back at that time they would do fake cards that are SO REAL.

The spelling and energy symbol tips are for current fakes.
They don't really apply to fakes from that period.

The light test would be the best way to see if it were fake or not.

It looks real, I'd have to feel it in real life to tell for sure, because if it is a fake it definitely looks very good.

Is the texture and colors the same on this card as others that are similar?

Well, if you post it on eBay, I say in the description that if it turns out to be deemed fake by the buyer, they can return it for a full refund. Personally that would allow me to bid with confidence knowing that I don't really have anything to loose.

I'm interested to see what it will sell for!

It looks very real to me also. I looked and compared it to the fossil raichu i have, and it's perfect. I have a strange error card from this era too, and it's real. 1st edition stamped impostor oak's revenge, where the first edition stamp is a white shadow. This may be a pretty unique error.

I am 100% Positive that is a fake. Go to the Pokebeach and go to Classic Sets, and look at the "RARE" Raichu. (Not the Holo Version) Put the one from this one next to that one and you can see the difference. I would say look in the Gallery but it isn't up.

You can see a clear difference in color and in the energy symbols. I am 100% positive this is a fake.

Drew

Want me to take a pic with my Digital Camera then? (If I can find it)

I have no reason to fake this.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Until I find the camera, here's the original image I got from scanning it. I ended up cropping it and such for the pic I showed in my first post.

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/751/misprintef3.jpg

Last edited:
He's not saying that he thinks that YOU faked it.
He thinks that you HAVE a fake.

I don't know, Drew. You're going to get some color variation from scans, so I wouldn't call it a fake from that.
And the energy symbols look OK to me.
I'd say that if it has the black middle layer, I'd call it good.

Last edited:
Want me to take a pic with my Digital Camera then? (If I can find it)

I have no reason to fake this.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Until I find the camera, here's the original image I got from scanning it. I ended up cropping it and such for the pic I showed in my first post.

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/751/misprintef3.jpg
I don't think he is saying that you're faking it, but that it may be a fake and you just don't know it (this happens quite often).

However I still disagree with him. As secretsof2113 did, I compared it with my real card in real life too and it looks identical aside from the error.

I don't know, Drew. You're going to get some color variation from scans, so I wouldn't call it a fake from that.

I don't think he is saying that you're faking it, but that it may be a fake and you just don't know it (this happens quite often).

However I still disagree with him. As secretsof2113 did, I compared it with my real card in real life too and it looks identical aside from the error.

They are both right, I think the card is fake, not that you faked it. Color Variation aside, go look at the picture of it on Pokebeach. The energy symbols of this version are "skinnier" than the real version. It is one of the ways to tell if it was fake.

I would suggest going to a lamp or light and put in right next to it. Can you see the otherside through them or not?

LMK,
Drew

I think the black middle layer is the only way to 100% tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back