Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Some News About Worlds to End Your Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Daddy Snorlax

Administrator
Staff member
As we head into the weekend, and more Magma/Aqua Prereleases, I thought you might like a glimps of some news that will be confirmed next week.

2004 Pokemon World Championships
August 21 & 22, 2004
Orlando, FL

There will be some events starting on Friday, so plan to arrive early and get in on the fun. Gym Challenge, Stadium Challenge and US National winners in each age division will get invitations, including travel and hotel. Invitations will also go to players based on their ranking (the top 16 if they don't already get an invitation through some other means)

Have a GREAT weekend.

BDS

I'll be there. ;)

Expect a guide, like mysterioustrainer did for Origins, very soon. I know Orlando like the back of my hand. I know the Monorail spiel in English and Spanish. :p

Sorry for all of you planning to attend GenCon in Indianapolis. I'm sure something might be organized there.
-Phil

Last edited:
Yea! Free trips! and I probably have two or more chances to get to Worlds this way then! Yahoo!

But now I am willing to guess, that the State Championships will not provide trips to Nationals. Oh well.

Last edited:
Great Post BDS....

I unofficially knew these dates about a week ago because I was called with news that one official invitation has been extended......

Congrats, Pokeplayer!

As for the hotel, we didn't get the name, but were told that the one in the picture on the Japanese site was the correct hotel, so assuming that GLPhil has identified it correctly, that's it.

Pokeplayer said:
Great Post BDS....

I unofficially knew these dates about a week ago because I was called with news that one official invitation has been extended......

what did you do to get the invitation?

Quick Question:

If the Top 16 United States players get invites, but the guy ranked #16 gets an invite by winning a Stadium Challenge, would his unused invite trickle down (so that #17 gets an invite), or just leave an open seat?

Gym Challenge, Stadium Challenge and US National winners in each age division will get invitations, including travel and hotel.
Thats awesome! Any news on where Gym/Stadium Challenges will be held?

TheDeuce said:
Quick Question:

If the Top 16 United States players get invites, but the guy ranked #16 gets an invite by winning a Stadium Challenge, would his unused invite trickle down (so that #17 gets an invite), or just leave an open seat?

We weren't given that level of detail.
This is just a preview for the fans on the site.
The official annoucement will be in a few days to a week.

By top 16 players do they mean world or US? Given the current state of the rankings .. most of the UK can't see them and TMS sucks so bad that TOs are not using it then giving invites out based on what is at present a rather shabby system of recording, reporting and illustrating rankings seems madness.

It's great to get some news but what about the details? And what about the rest of the world.. it is called WORLDS after all!

Moltres423 said:
Thats awesome! Any news on where Gym/Stadium Challenges will be held?

The PTO's that run Prereleases are being asked to do them, so if you have a Prerelease, chances are you MAY have a Gym Challenge. I heard that not all the Prerelease locations would get a gym Challenge.

There will probably be only 3 Stadium Challenges, kinda like with Wizards.

Why would Gencon have a Stadium Challenge? Nationals is only a few hours away.

Hello all..

I did not get an invitation...A very good friend/player got an invitation last week..and phoned me with the good news.

Sorry for the confusion......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back