Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Soonercon.dec report

brandonjmatt

Hello everyone as you may or may not know there was a tournament in ok called soonercon and heres my report

First off is that Soonercon is not just an regular tournament. The thing behind soonercon is that you use a diffeerent deck AFTER EVERY ROUND!!!!!! The think is that 8 people were in soonercon's deck shift.
and there were 16 decks put in a pile and we would each draw to get a random deck some of which were(LBS, burning/liability, metanite, Sally/gon, rai/eggs, meg ex/ steelix, gross/ deoxys and much more)
and in the final cut from first place down the person would choose there final deck for the single elim!

Round 1 w/LBS vs. Meg ex/Steelix(Roy jr.)

Well i get the average LBS set up(thanks to Ryans great list) and he is haveing a hard time dealing with my steelix. and after useing Steelix to ko all of the bench i use the lugia to ko the remaining Meg ex.
Not much he could do.

1-0

Round 2 w/Lunarock vs. Tyability(Ryan S)

I get a setup but with little energy and he gets a Horriable hand. After some quick kos of some Koffing and Quil mix i take a early lead ,but with some great draws and being able to ko anything due to 2 Typhlosions he gets on a come back , but due to a well placed admin and a luck of the rainbow draw, I ko the last prize i need in a very close game.

2-0

Round 3 w/ Sally/gon vs. ??

Sorry but i realy can't remember.:frown:

3-0

Round 4 w/rai/eggs vs. Meg ex/Steelix(John K)

Well he got a god setup vs. my bad one and doing so much damage and healing just killed me.

3-1

Ok going into the top cut i was 2nd seat under John k and he went with his Metagross/deoxy deck so I went with LBS and can't realy remember what everyone got(but they realy kinda went with there own decks)

Top 8 vs. Rai/eggs (Troy O)

Well the turn 3 Steelix swarm to all of the eggs hurt him till he just could get any energys for his Raichu to do anything so i just Steelix donked him.

Top 4 vs. Sally/Gon (Whicker)

Me having one of the best hands ever and his Pidgey is prized kinda donked him into still puting up a good fight but the early Steelix swarm and Lugia to clean up left him in a deep hole of nothing to do but just sit there.

Finals vs. Metagross/deoxys (John k)

Well we both had really bad hands but with an early deoxy ex attack I was really close to just scooping but with some good topdecks and getting two heads on Blast ex attack i pulled out the closest game of the whole thing and love power tree and Ryan for playing Holon castform.

well i won but didnt get anything out of my packs but a banette ex -.-

Props: Winning, Ryan playing castform in his deck, a free Donut!and some great cookies, and comeing up with the idea for the Tournament

Slops: Johnny playing 3 strength charm, Jordan having pidgey prized, Birch puke.dec

Thanks for reading!

Aaaahahah

<3 Metal Reversal. GJ dude-you beat me and Whicker on your way to a mystery deck win. That Pokemon day was SO much fun dude, even though the convention itself was really bad. :D

Soonercon was a huge bust, but we made it into an awesome tournament.

Coming up in mid august, i'm having a huge pokey tournament with this format. Not sanctioned or anything. It'll probably be just for fun...belive me, it's really fun. A new deck every time against someone playing a new deck for the first time. It's crazy. I'll get more details about the tournament soon.

GJ Glen with the win. That was a close match against Kettler.

I got to play with the Rai/Eggs deck that won Nats...Wow that's crazy cool

I'm glad that ya'll liked the idea of the tournament format. Well except Matt.:mad: I just mentioned it and "brandonjmatt" just streamrolled it from there. I think that I learned more about these different decks in one day than I have all year!!! It was very educational and as well as being fun for me. Everyone seemed to have a lot of fun and it WAS really relaxed all during the tournament. I'll allow it aka "BanginBox". MP Birch had a blast and I am sure that everyone will be copying the "Birchpuke.dec." for their "WORLDS 2006" deck of choice.:thumb: :thumb: It is amazing that that deck was so simple that all of these "expert players" made it so complicated to play.:confused: I hope to play in one of these again really soon.:biggrin:

:pokeball: Master Professor Birch:pokeball:

Last edited:
the actual Soonercon was HORRIBLE. Pokemon was the only even slightly interesting thing that took place there. This tournament was so much fun though. Good job on your donksac win Glen ;)

The convention was awful. Take Gencon/Comic Con, downsize it at least a hundred times, stick it in Oklahoma, and put it in a cheap hotel.

That's Soonercon. The POKEMON was hella tight, but not the Con

Back