Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Soul Calibur II: The Endings

Dunjohn

I got the X-Box edition of this fine piece of programming (bonkers joypad put me off GC; lack of PS2 put me off PS2), which means that I can't access Link or Heiachi. For completion's sake, can those of you who can describe their Arcade endings? Here's X-Box's Spawn. I passed it on Ultra-Hard, but I don't think there are any differences:

Final opponent: Raphael
Spawn is perched high on a ruined tower in the Ostrheinsburg Cathedral. He watches a figure far below. Raphael is standing, facing the intact end of the arena, eyes closed. Spawn suddenly pops up behind him.
"You know about Soul Edge."
Raphael, startled, spins around and thrusts his sabre through Spawn's chest, and Spawn vanishes in a crackling black vapour. Raphael's eyes are wide with shock.
"Phantom!"
Raphael frowns, and his eyes dart to the side. The camera pans to reveal Spawn standing behind him.
"What do you want with me?"
Spawn says nothing. Raphael straightens and turns, twirling his sabre before him. The fight begins.

Ending
Spawn standing, axe in hand
"The Hellspawn fought his way through a long forgotten era to obtain the coveted Soul Edge."
"Malebolgia's prize in hand, Spawn sensed an evil presence that threatened to twist and enslave him."
Picture fades out.
""What do you take me for, a fool?" Spawn whispered, as the grip of his clenched fist loosened slowly in the swirling vortex of time and space."
Spawn standing on the ledge of a modern-day skyscraper
"Spawn returned to his familiar back alleys with nothing in his grasp."

It's long, but I'd really appreciate a similar level of detail, if possible. I'm something of a Soul Calibur completist :D

That reminds me. How do Spawn and Heiaichi use the Souledge (if its one of their WMM weapons)

Link's ending:

Link came to this world in order to defeat the evil which
threatened Hyrule

After a long journey, Link finally succeeded in sealing
away the terrible evil

In doing so, he not only saved his homeland from
peril, but also maintained the tranqulitiy of this world

Link then quietly left this world-- a faint echo of his
Ocarina was all that remained.

Link's Final Battle:

Raphael stands in the old Cathedreal. Link jovially hopps from one organ pipe to the next and makes his way to the battle field. Nothing is said, as is Link's way, and a battle ensues.

Interesting. I'm gonna try and pick up the GC version if I can find it cheap somewhere. Really cheap...

I tried completing it with Heiachi on the in-store demo stand, but lost to Inferno three times before I had to go. It was the default difficulty - forgot to change that - and with anyone else, I'd have beaten him the first time, but Heiachi is a strange dude. Link and Spawn were designed with SCII in mind, but Heiachi already exists in a beat-em-up, and his style completely alien. I've never played Tekken.

Heiachi doesn't use weapons, just his fists. Maybe he can get new gauntlets in Edge Master mode, but I didn't try that. Heiachi's "Destiny Battle" is also against Raphael. I'm trying to train Raph up and see what the story is.

Spawn feels a little lighter than Necrid. He's more manoeuverable but his range is limited; his axe is really a meleé weapon. He's very good at extreme close range. He has a fireball for long range, and he can also hover high in the air. His Soul Edge gives him huge strength (you can kill enemies within seconds by starting with a running horizontal, then following up with a back-hori, back-verti combo), but his life is constantly draining.

Back