Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Sour Grapes: People who ASKED for concessions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squirtle

<a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p
Ok, I know this is a touchy subject. Concessions.

Now, being that worlds was based on mostly all rating invites. Some people come around and look for a bunch of "easy buckets" if you do. I know there was at least one person in Florida who would play and even if they won would offer the loss.

That's very nice, however it is completely different than people going around asking every opponent that beats them to sign the slip as a loss. And I was wondering if there was anything PUI could put in place to have that stop happening.

As someone who has missed worlds this year (for the first time EVER in 5 worlds) people who do this DISGUIST me. I dont care if this person has zero shot at making worlds. It gives people no right to ask them to lose. They play this game for the same reason as most of us.

So I guess my actual question would be if there would be any POP/PUI fallout for people who did this?

Thoughts?

i agree with steven
in actuality, one of my opponents asked me to do this
is there anything that can be done?

Just say "No".

I disagree with the fact that you should even have to be put in the position.

If someone is asking you to concede based solely on the fact that THEY want a trip to worlds, it's complete and utter crap.

If that's the case what is to stop everyone who plays just to ask their opponents to concede after every round?

Does PUI really want that in THEIR game?

Are you asking for some sort of penalty for tackiness?

Still, I agree, something needs to be done about that. I'm just not sure there needs to be a formal punishment for it.

You need a high ranked player to gain enough points to have some profit.
Asking to low placed players to concede really doesn't make any sense.... (well meaby if you only need 4-5 points).

I would rather see that players who already earned an invite to the next Worlds (including Nationals winner if BR are again afterwards) are not counted as point giving players.

You need a high ranked player to gain enough points to have some profit.
Asking to low placed players to concede really doesn't make any sense.... (well meaby if you only need 4-5 points).

I would rather see that players who already earned an invite to the next Worlds (including Nationals winner if BR are again afterwards) are not counted as point giving players.

It's not about people gaining points. It's about people LOSING points.

IE player A has a rating of 1930 and losing to a player ranked 1610ish. It's not about the 4-5 points gained it's about the 12-17 point loss.

It's not about people gaining points. It's about people LOSING points.

IE player A has a rating of 1930 and losing to a player ranked 1610ish. It's not about the 4-5 points gained it's about the 12-17 point loss.

LOL - so you are talking about bad sportmanship? People who lost their game and cannot deal with it?

Still, I agree, something needs to be done about that. I'm just not sure there needs to be a formal punishment for it.

Yes something needs to be done.

ELO needs to be removed from giving Worlds invites, as the number of problems it brings up is far larger than the other major system (Pro Points) when applied to this game.

I wrote a couple pages on the topic on the professor forums.

Doesn't sound much different than people in the past that would ask their friends who already had a trip to Nats/Worlds to give them the game at a Gym Challenge/Regionals so that they could get their trip.

I think even if you could fix this, this kind of thing wouldn't go away. But this current season with the system we have, it definitely provoked this kind of action.

Yes something needs to be done.

ELO needs to be removed from giving Worlds invites, as the number of problems it brings up is far larger than the other major system (Pro Points) when applied to this game.

I wrote a couple pages on the topic on the professor forums.

As much as I would like to see ELO go away, this isn't the topic for that. Please stay on topic.

I for one think there NEEDS to be a penalty. It goes completely against the SOTG to ASK for a concession because your trying to get to worlds.

At the same time, wouldn't stalling be against the SOTG, because your trying to bend the rules so you can win a game you shouldn't win?

As much as I would like to see ELO go away, this isn't the topic for that. Please stay on topic.

I for one think there NEEDS to be a penalty. It goes completely against the SOTG to ASK for a concession because your trying to get to worlds.

SOTG died when ranking invites were introduced.
Asking for a concession is something you do or don't.

What if the concession is offered to you. Do you say no, because it's not SOTG, or do you take the trip to Worlds?

Are you asking for some sort of penalty for tackiness?

Agreed. Should we expect someone to make a rule against asking a question (i.e. Will you concede to me?)?

As it's been said before. Concessions will never be illegal. If there ever were a rule against it, the person who wants to concede would instead commit intentional misplays (e.g. "I'm going to discard all my fossils from play" or "I will stop attacking for the rest of the game")

Squirtle said:
As someone who has missed worlds this year (for the first time EVER in 5 worlds)
Are you entitled to a Worlds invite because you've been invited before? I'm not sure where you were going with this. Are you saying, you know that somene prevented you from getting an invite, by conceding?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back