Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Southwest / SoCal Regionals (November 12-13) ~ Pre-registration now open!!!

GreatFox

Southwest Pokémon Regional Championship

Online Pre-registration now open:
TCG Pre-registration: http://swtcgregionals.eventbrite.com/
VGC Pre-registration: http://southwestvgc.eventbrite.com/

Saturday, November 12 - Sunday, November 13

Long Beach Convention and Entertainment Center - Seaside Ballroom
300 East Ocean Blvd.
Long Beach, CA

Map of Convention Center
Google Map of Parking and Food

Cost to Enter
Tournament entry is FREE!

Registration and Start Time
Registration for Round 1 both days opens at 8:00 am and closes at 9:45 am

The TCG Championship player's meeting begins at 10:00 am sharp Saturday morning!!!

The VG Championship player's meeting begins at 10:00 am sharp Sunday morning!!!

How to Sign-Up and Play
You can Preregister for both the TCG and VG championships:

TCG : http://swtcgregionals.eventbrite.com/

VGC: http://southwestvgc.eventbrite.com/

Arrive onsite no later than ½ hour before the tournament start time. Thank you.

Note: Noble Victories cards are NOT legal for TCG Regionals!

A Registration Slip is needed to be entered into the event! We need it ASAP after you arrive at the site! Slips turned in past 9:45 am will NOT make Round 1 of the Championships! Note: if you preregister, you only have to check in at the computer the morning of the event prior to 9:40am; a registration slip is NOT required! (but please do bring your printed ticket or ID).

Please allow enough time to fill out your TCG decklist prior to the TCG Player's Meeting — download it now, fill it out, and bring it with you! Or better yet...use this cool online decklist tool to create, double-check, and print your decklist: http://pokegym.net/decklist You will need to turn in your decklist at the TCG player's meeting.

Also, please remember to bring your POP ID (both the TCG and VG tournaments require a valid POPID); thanks.

TCG Prizes

The top 32-64 finishers in each of the three TCG age categories receive the following prizes:

1st Place
• Pokémon TCG Regional Champion 1st Place Medal
• Travel award for the winner (including a parent or legal guardian for players under 18)*
• 10 Championship Points
• First- and second-round bye at the US National Championships**
• Combination of 72 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions​

2nd Place
• Pokémon TCG Regional Championships 2nd Place Medal
• 8 Championship Points
• First- and second-round bye at the US National Championships
• Combination of 72 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions​

3rd & 4th Place
• Pokémon TCG Regional Championships 3rd or 4th Place Medal
• 6 Championship Points
• Combination of 36 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions​

5th - 8th Place
• 5 Championship Points
• Combination of 24 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions​

9th - 16th Place
• 4 Championship Points (if division attendance is 64 or greater)
• Combination of 18 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions​

17th - 32nd Place
• 2 Championship Points (if division attendance is 64 or greater)
• Combination of 7 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions​

33rd - 64th Place
• 1 Championship Point (if division attendance is 128 or greater)​

VG Prizes

The top 8-64 finishers in each of the three VG age categories receive the following prizes:

1st Place
• Pokémon Video Game Regional Champion 1st Place Medal
• Travel award for the winner (including a parent or legal guardian for players under 18)*
• 10 Championship Points
• First- and second-round bye at the 2012 Pokémon Video Game US National Championships**
• Additional Pokémon themed items​

2nd Place
• Pokémon Video Game Regional Champion 2nd Place Medal
• $300 Travel allowance (including an additional $300 travel allowance for players under 18)*
• 8 Championship Points
• First- and second-round bye at the 2012 Pokémon Video Game US National Championships**

3rd & 4th Place
• Pokémon Video Game Regional Champion 3rd or 4th Place Medal
• $300 Travel allowance (including an additional $300 travel allowance for players under 18)*
• 6 Championship Points

5th - 8th Place
• 5 Championship Points​

9th - 12th Place
• 4 Championship Points (if division attendance is 32 or greater)​

13th - 16th Place
• 3 Championship Points (if division attendance is 64 or greater)​

17th - 32nd Place
• 2 Championship Points (if division attendance is 64 or greater)​

33rd - 64th Place
• 1 Championship Point (if division attendance is 128 or greater)​

* Non-U.S. residents are not eligible to collect a Travel Award to the U.S. National Championships, as the U.S. Nationals are open to U.S. residents only. Non-Canadian residents are not eligible to collect a Travel Award to the Canadian National Championships, as the Canadian Nationals are open to Canadian residents only. If a non-resident wins a Regional Championship, the Travel Award will pass down to the next eligible resident. All other prizes will be awarded to the actual winner of the event.

** Byes do not ‘stack.’ If you have won a bye in another event such as the S/P/T Championship and finish in the top 2 of a Regional Championship, you will receive a first- and second-round bye at your National Championships.

Additionally, all participants will receive 5 Play! Points, and a Pokémon Regional Championships promo card, while supplies last, just for playing! Also, we will have some fun door prizes of other cool Pokémon merchandise.

Special Events
We have the following super cool & neat special event for participating Regional Championship players:

Create-a-Card contest (with colored pencils and crayons)
Side Events
4-player "Draft-in-a-Box" TCG booster drafts will be offered throughout the day and will consist of single-elimination rounds—$25 entry fee; prizes = 4 boosters for 1st, 2 boosters for 2nd, and 1 booster for 3rd-4th.

4-player TCG constructed tournaments will be available and will consist of single-elimination rounds—$5 entry fee; prizes = 4 boosters for 1st, 2 boosters for 2nd, and 1 booster for 3rd-4th.

Team TCG side events will be offered as interest warrants. Pricing and prizes presented onsite.

Tournament Structure
TCG: Age-Modified Swiss (1 game matches), with Top 2-32 single elimination (best 2 of 3 games) in each age divison.
VG: Age-Modified Swiss (1 game matches) in each age divison; there is NO Top Cut—prizes are awarded after Swiss play.

Tournament Format
TCG: Modified Constructed
VG: Modified

Vendors
The following vendors have signed up for this event:

TrollandToad
Desperate4Cards.com
PT&E

Rules For the Video Game:

Double Battle formats. In Double Battles, each player selects four Pokémon from his or her party of six to battle with. At the start of the battle, players send out the first two Pokémon in their party, making a total of four Pokémon on the battlefield. Game play continues until a player knocks out all four of his or her opponent’s Pokémon.

When building a team for a PLAY! Pokémon tournament, all players must adhere to these standard construction rules.

• A player’s team cannot contain two Pokémon with the same Pokédex number

• Each Pokémon on a player’s team can hold an item, though no two Pokémon may hold the same item

• A player’s team cannot contain two Pokémon with the same nickname

• A player’s team cannot contain a Pokémon nicknamed with the name of another Pokémon (for example,
an Unfezant named “Pidove”)

• Pokémon may only use moves that have been learned through one of the following methods:
o By leveling up
o ByTMorHM
o As an Egg move, through breeding
o From a character in the game
o A move already known by a Pokémon received at an official Pokémon event or promotion
o A move already known by a Pokémon that has been transferred from another Pokémon game via Poké Transfer or the Relocator.​

The Modified format for the 2011–2012 season will use restrictions:

• Only Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version Game Cards are permitted for use.

• Players may use Pokémon from the National Pokédex, from No. 001–646, that are caught in the game, transferred from a previous Pokémon title, or received at an official event or distribution

• The following Pokémon may not be on a player’s team:
o 150 – Mewtwo
o 151 – Mew
o 249 – Lugia
o 250 – Ho‐Oh
o 251 – Celebi
o 382 – Kyogre
o 383 – Groudon
o 384 – Rayquaza
o 385 – Jirachi
o 386 – Deoxys
o 483 – Dialga
o 484 – Palkia
o 487 – Giratina
o 489 – Phione
o 490 – Manaphy
o 491 – Darkrai
o 492 – Shaymin
o 493 – Arceus
o 494 – Victini
o 643 – Reshiram
o 644 – Zekrom
o 646 – Kyurem​

• Pokémon must be placed in the Battle Box.

• Pokémon above level 50 are permitted, but they are auto‐leveled down to 50 for the duration of battle.

• Players may use Pokémon with Hidden Abilities that have been officially released via Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version, the Pokémon Global Link, or an official event or promotion.

• Pokémon may not know the moves Sky Drop or Dark Void.

• Players may use items that have been officially released via Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version, the Pokémon Global Link, or an official event or promotion.

• The Wonder Launcher cannot be used during battle.​

More general info:

TCG - http://www.pokemon.com/us/organized-play/championship-series/tcg-autumn-regional-championships/

Video Game - http://www.pokemon.com/us/organized-play/championship-series/vg-autumn-regional-championships/

Last edited:
Odd... this just disappeared from the forum. Ok, lets see if this puts it back

LOL, I think it is because more than a month had gone by without any posts.

Took this from your FB event to post here.

Time
Saturday, November 12 at 8:00am

Long Beach Convention and Entertainment Center300 East Ocean Blvd.
Long Beach, CA

More Info
That's right! The Pokémon TCG and Video Game regional championships will be held at the Long Beach Convention Center - Seaside Ballroom.

The TCG Swiss - November 12th
TCG Master Top Cut - November 13th
Video Game - November 13th

More details coming soon. In the mean time, for more general info:

TCG - http://www.pokemon.com/us/organized-play/championship-series/tcg-autumn-regional-championships/

Video Game - http://www.pokemon.com/us/organized-play/championship-series/vg-autumn-regional-championships/

To people that live in/near the area: Which of the "cheaper" motels are good? Is the area right near the convention center a safe area of town, or is better to have a hotel more than a few blocks away and then park at the event? Is there a fee for parking?

What kind of options for food and grocery shopping are nearby?
Where is the nearest card store, that sort of thing. An info-dump would help players like myself that are on the fence about attending.

Can't wait! I'll have myself a new playmat, and I'll be ready to compete! Hopefully the new location is nice... can't wait to see it ;D

I don't know about the room for SR and MA, but the JR's will be in a room to themselves. Looking foward to being the HJ for them. : D

is there any more info about where in the convention center the event will be?

and is there a regionals group rate at any local hotel?

i'd like to send out an email to my SD mailing list/facebook group ASAP with this info...

thx,
'mom

I'll be there!

Also, I'm the west coast's The Top Cut representative. So, as long as the PTO gives me permission (and the players as well obviously) I'll be trying to get some good footage at the event. Should be fun, and hopefully we can put on some good matches to help showcase what the SoCal region has to offer.

I've added more info for the event. Mostly Video Game Info and a reminder that Noble Victories is not legal for this event.

It's as the Seaside Ballroom. No group rates are offered as far as I know.

My boss scheduled me to work on the 12th. Hopefully I'll be able to wiggle out of this one. If not, I'll be really sad. I wasn't able to make Battle roads this time, so hoping for regionals.

Added a link to a map of the Convention Center and a Google Map of the Area with parking and Food options marked.

Back