4 Quick Ball (search)
2 Switch (enable)

ENERGY (16):

16 Fire Energy

POSSIBLE MODIFICATIONS:

+ 3 Pokémon Radar or Dusk Ball
- 3 Bebe's Search

MAIN IDEA:

The entire deck revolves around a weenie rush theme which starts turn two and tries to have no more than two Pokémon on the battlefield to activate the Vengance Poké-Bodies. Heatran is a bench warmer who collects the discarded resources and comes down as a cleaner to take the final two prizes once the dogs have been defeated.

SPOILERS:

Translations have been taken from Pokébeach

Houndoom Lv.45
Stage one Fire Pokémon
Hit Points: 80
Poke-Body: Vengeful Fang
If you have fewer Pokemon on your bench than your opponent, any damage done by this Pokemon's attacks to any active Pokemon is increased by 40.
[C] Cauterize: 20
If the defending Pokemon already has damage counters on it, the defending Pokemon is now burned.
[RR] Crimson Flames: 60
Flip a coin, if tails discard two Fire energy attached to Houndoom.
Retreat Cost: C
Weakness: W (+20)

Heatran Lv.47
Basic Fire Pokémon
Hit Points: 100
Poke-Power: Flash Fire
You can use this Power once during your turn. Choose one Fire energy attached to your Pokemon and move it to this Pokemon. This Power can't be used if this Pokemon is affected by a special condition.
[RRCC] Magma Storm: 40 d+
You may discard any number of basic energy attached to Heatran. If you do, do an additional 20 damage for each energy card you discarded.
Retreat Cost: CCCC
Weakness: W (x2)

Heatran Lv.X
Level up - Heatran
Hit Points: 120
Poke-Body: Heat Metal
Even if your opponent's Burned Pokemon Evolve, De-Evolve, or Level Up, the Burn condition remains. In between turns, whenever your opponent flips a coin for the Burned condition, all of those coin flips are treated as tails.
Poke-Power: Heat Wave
This Power can be used once at the end of your turn, if this Pokemon is on your Bench. If, during your turn, your Active Fire-type or Steel-type Pokemon discarded Basic Energy as a result of its attack, choose up to 2 of those Basic Energy cards and attach them to that Pokemon.
Retreat Cost: CCCC
Weakness: W (x2)

Cynthia's Plan
Trainer - Supporter
Return your hand to your deck and shuffle your deck. Then, draw four cards from your deck. If any of your Pokemon were knocked out on your opponent's previous turn, draw an additional four cards.

Buck's Training
Trainer - Supporter
Draw two cards from your deck. When your Pokemon attacks, if this card is in play next to your active Pokemon, each of your active Pokemon's attacks does an additional 10 damage to any active Pokemon.

Stark Mountain
Trainer - Stadium
Once during each player's turn, that player may choose one fire energy or one fighting energy attached to his or her Pokemon, and move it to one of his or her Fire-type Pokemon or Fighting-type Pokemon.

Last edited:
Multi energy is the right thing with Houndoom. You can't get i back from your discard pile, but i strongly recommend it.

I'd do DRE as well as Multi as pointed out by Mazu. I never thought of this deck but I really really like it. That Heatran is going to go so well with houndoom & Magmortar. I'd probably use the GE Houndoom as well for the disruption of discarding when I need it to.
Kudos

Its DP-ON imo.
I think 11 draw supporters are too much. I think you should take out the POV and add in Dusk ball. Furthermore i think you should take out 2 Switch and add in 2 Warp Point.

You don't use the Houndoom i thought of, but you should have at least 1-2 of that Houndoom (the one from great encounters) and 2-3 multi energy.

Wait if I get this right your saying that hetran attaches the energy to itself and if so your wrong is that ruins your stratagy. But then again you can just attach the eneryg to hetran itself.

I missed houndoom it's actually really good.

Also if this is for DP-on then change celio to bebe.

Hi Mazu,

Thanks for the review. It is indeed the other Houndoom which is able to dish out a solid 100 damage for two basic energies with a low bench count. Not that sure on the other Houndoom since he need Multi which cannot be used to fuel the benched cleaner.

Hi Aggy&Co.,

Thanks for the review. Do not understand the need to run double rainbow in this deck since Haetran catches the basic energies and Stark Mountain can be used to switch one of them over to Houndoom in case he is still alive on the next turn. Please let me know the reason behind the idea. Thanks for the assistance in advance.

Hi Ace,

Thanks for the review. The deck is indeed DP-on. Like the idea of an even trade between Warp Point and Switch. Will use that recommendation for sure. I am used to a massive supporter count in weenie rush decks but would consider to remove Celio's Network for a standard trainer. It is either Dusk Ball or Pokémon Radar. Not sure which one would be better. Pokémon Radar could benefit a little from the massive draw engine used in this deck but is limited to search the top five cards and odds are that there are no more than one Pokémon card to obtain. Pokémon Radar worked incredible well in Leaf Blade which is our version of a Leafeon deck but Eeveelution decks seem to be more effective when it comes down to thin the deck out. Let me know what you think about the idea to replace Celio's Network with a standard trainer. Thanks for the assistance in advance.

Hi Blaziken 1111,

Thanks for the review. The deck is indeed DP-on. Consider to replace Celio's Network with a standard trainer such as Pokémon Radar or Dusk Ball. Not sure which one would be best. Heatran Lv.X indeed catches the discarded energies and attaches them to himself. However Stark Mountain is able to move one of them back to Houndoom in case he is still alive next turn. In this vein one recieves a stable early game offense force and fuels a benched cleaner same time. With four fire energies attached to him Heatran should be able to knock out a defender in a single hit for the last one to two prize cards. Once Heatran is active one could bench a second one and use the switch trainers to level that one up in case more than one prize card is left once the Houndoom force bite the dusk.

Poke-Power: Heat Wave
This Power can be used once at the end of your turn, if this Pokemon is on your Bench. If, during your turn, your Active Fire-type or Steel-type Pokemon discarded Basic Energy as a result of its attack, choose up to 2 of those Basic Energy cards and attach them to that Pokemon.

Are you sure it attaches to hetran

Hi Blaziken,

Re-read the card now. There seems to be a mistake on my part. Looks like Heatran reattaches to Houndoom. In that case the tactic is a little different. Now Heatran is fueled by hand and Houndoom is less risky to be used with him on the bench. However, the deck is a little more vulnerable to vengance knock outs now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back