Special Energy/Energies

Discussion in 'Create-A-Card' started by Miamisportsfan45, Aug 24, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Miamisportsfan45

Miamisportsfan45 Active Member

Alright, I was thinking. I haven't been involved in the TCG very much lately, I've been more involved in the DS game. All of a sudden I started thinking Pokemon again. I thought over about the new basic Darkness and Metal energy and how they're also special energy. Why should they be the only existent energy that provide an effect AND an energy of that type? Here are some reviews of the special energies already in existence and the special energies I've created as well. Thanks and enjoy. All opinions are welcome.

:dark: Darkness Energy
    Special Energy
    If the Pokémon Darkness Energy is attached to attacks, the attack does 10 more damage to the Active Pokémon (before applying Weakness and Resistance). Ignore this effect unless the Attacking Pokémon is darkness or has Dark in its name. Darkness Energy provides darkness Energy. (Doesn't count as a basic Energy card.)

:metal: Metal Energy
    Special Energy
    Damage done by attacks to the Pokemon that Metal Energy is attached to is reduced by 10 (after applying Weakness and Resistance.) Ignore this effect if the Pokemon that Metal Energy is attached to isn't Metal. Metal Energy provides Metal Energy. (Doesn't count as a basic Energy card.)

:fire: Fire Energy
    Special Energy
    Anytime that the Pokemon that (Special) Fire Energy is attached to inflicts damage on the defending Pokemon, flip a coin. If heads search your deck for a basic fire energy and put it in your hand. Ignore this effect if the Pokemon that (Special) Fire Energy is attached too is not Fire type. (Doesn't count as a basic Energy card.)

:grass: Grass Energy
    Special Energy
    The Pokemon that (Special) Grass Energy is attached to may move up to three damage counters from itself to other Pokemon during your turn. Ignore this effect if the Pokemon that (Special) Grass Energy is attached too is not Grass type. (Doesn't count as a basic Energy card.)

:water: Water Energy
    Special Energy
    Any Pokemon that (Special) Water Energy is attached to is cured from its special condition and cannot be placed under any other special conditions. Ignore this effect if the Pokemon that (Special) Water Energy is attached too is not Water type. (Doesn't count as a basic Energy card.)

:psychic: Psychic Energy
    Special Energy
    Anytime that the Pokemon that (Special) Psychic Energy is attached to inflicts damage on the defending Pokemon, flip two coins. If both coins are heads the defending Pokemon is asleep and they must now flip two coins and both must be heads for the defending Pokemon to wake up. Ignore this effect if the Pokemon that (Special) Psychic Energy is attached too is not Psychic type. (Doesn't count as a basic Energy card.)

:lightning Electric Energy
    Special Energy
    Anytime that the Pokemon that (Special) Electric Energy is attached to inflicts damage on the defending Pokemon, flip a coin. If heads search your discard pile for a basic electric energy and put it in your hand. Ignore this effect if the Pokemon that (Special) Electric Energy is attached too is not Electric type. (Doesn't count as a basic Energy card.)

:fighting: Fighting Energy
    Special Energy
    Anytime that the Pokemon that (Special) Fighting Energy is attached to inflicts damage on the defending Pokemon, flip a coin. If heads, the Pokemon that this energy is attached too has no weakness and its damage is not affected by resistance. Ignore this effect if the Pokemon that (Special) Fighting Energy is attached too is not Fighting type. (Doesn't count as a basic Energy card.)

Notice that I didn't include a special Colorless Energy. I didn't include any because there are so many different variations of Colorless energy out there already so I figured I may not include any. Anyway, Thanks again, and enjoy. All comments are welcome and appreciated.​

2. DrkrZen

DrkrZen New Member

This was where I said, "Uh oh." lol jk jk

Cool ideas, though.

3. charmander rox

charmander rox New Member

Fire and Lightning have effects that don't affect the main battling...
    Grass is wierd...
    Water and Fighting aren't stackable...
    Psychic is broken if you have 4...
    You misspelled to...

4. meditite rox

meditite rox New Member

Solar Energy [G]
    Special Energy Card
    The Pokemon that Solar Energy is attached to cannot be Poisoned. If the Pokemon that Solar Energy is attached to has 2 Solar Energy cards attached to it, the Pokemon cannot be Poisoned or Burned .If the Pokemon that Solar Energy is attached to has 3 Solar Energy cards attached to it, the Pokemon cannot be affected by Special Conditions. If the Pokemon that Solar Energy is attached to has 4 Solar Energy cards attached to it, prevent all effects of your opponent’s attacks, Poké-Powers, and Poké-Bodies (excluding damage) done to the Pokemon. Ignore this effect unless the Pokemon is [G]. Solar Energy provides [G] Energy. (Doesn't count as a basic Energy card.)

Heat Energy [R]
    Special Energy Card
    If the Pokemon Heat Energy is damaged by an opponent's attack, flip a coin. If heads, place 2 damage counters on the Defending Pokémon. Ignore this effect unless the Attacked Pokemon is [R]. Heat Energy provides [R] Energy. (Doesn't count as a basic Energy card.)

Hydro Energy [W]
    Special Energy Card
    When the Pokemon Hydro Energy is attached to is Knocked Out, you may return this card to your hand. Ignore this effect unless the Knocked Out Pokemon is [W]. Hydro Energy provides [W] Energy. (Doesn't count as a basic Energy card.)

Electric Energy [L]
    Special Energy Card
    The Pokemon Electric Energy is attached to has +20 HP. Ignore this effect unless the Pokemon is [L]. Electric Energy provides [L] Energy. (Doesn't count as a basic Energy card.)

Muscle Energy [F]
    Special Energy Card
    When the Pokémon Muscle Energy is attached to attacks, the attack also does 10 damage to one of your opponent’s Benched Pokemon. Ignore this effect unless the Pokemon is [F]. Muscle Energy provides [F] Energy. (Doesn't count as a basic Energy card.)

Mind Energy [P]
    Special Energy Card
    Once during your turn (before you attack), you may either move a damage counter from the Pokémon this card is attached to to another of your Pokémon or move a damage counter from another of your Pokémon to the Pokémon Mind Energy is attached to. Ignore this effect unless the Pokemon is [P]. Mind Energy provides [P] Energy. (Doesn't count as a basic Energy card.)

5. Miamisportsfan45

Charmander rox: Like I said, sorry, it was one of my first time posting in the CAC forum in a long time. I haven't been involved in the TCG as much recently.

Meditite: You renamed my energies...I chose to make them the same way that Metal and Dark exist. They're both existent. That's why I did it that way.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2007
  6. meditite rox

meditite rox New Member

I did more than just use different names. I also made different effects, and I made these before but just haven't posted them here.

7. Miamisportsfan45

Yeah, but why change the name? Darkness Energy and Metal Energy are both Special and Basic and there name doesn't change, which is why I decided to make the same thing for all the other energy.

8. charmander rox

charmander rox New Member

Because their true names are Dark and Steel.

9. Burninating_Torchic

Burninating_Torchic New Member

charmander rox, you are incorrect. Dark and Steel are the videogame names, Darkness and Metal are the TCG names. Both the special and basic versions of them have the same name.

Anyways,
    Fire - A tad broken, I think... I dunno.

Grass - Again, broken. Also unspecific - can you move those damage counters to only your Pokemon, or to either player's Pokemon? Grass effects usually have to do with the removal of damage counters, not the moving of them - maybe once per turn you can remove a counter from the guy it's attached to?

Water - Broken. You gave it the effect of Holon GL, but it only needs the one water energy instead of two energy (The Holon GL and a grass). Maybe it could be a flip whenever the Pokemon became effected by a condition, and if heads, the Pokemon isn't affected.

Psychic - Seems a tad complicated... maybe make it just one coin for regular sleep.

Electric - Eh, decent, I suppose.

Fighting - Doesn't make any sense. Why would you be getting rid of your own weakness when you're attacking? I can understand the resistance part, that part's good, but the weakness part doesn't make sense, nor does it specify how long you have no weakness for.