Speed Empoleon (work in progress)

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Kamui988, Apr 8, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kamui988

Kamui988 New Member

Here is my current build with Empoleon.

POKEMON: 15
    4 : Empoleon, DP-4
    3 : Prinplup, DP-58
    2 : Claydol, GE-15
    4 : Piplup, DP-93
    2 : Baltoy, GE-60

TRAINERS: 29
    3 : Night Maintenance
    4 : Rare Candy
    3 : Warp Point
    4 : Energy Removal 2
    4 : Celio's Network
    3 : Pluspower
    3 : TV Reporter
    3 : Team Galactic's Mars
    2 : Roseanne's Research

ENERGY: 16
    2 : Holon Energy WP
    14 : Water Energy

Basically set up a fast attacking empoleon, try to sweep as much as I can, if it is knocked out, rinse and repeat.

Thanks, Kam

Last edited: Apr 9, 2008
  2. mrdraz07

mrdraz07 New Member

Why do you play Cessation Crystal and Claydol?

3. Kamui988

Kamui988 New Member

I just put claydol as a tech in case I need some draw power (there were time where I needed it). I can take claydol out though.

4. Prize_Card

Prize_Card New Member

I would play a 2-2 claydol over cessation crystal.. all though it shut some decks down, people can play around cess crystal now-a-days, and if they really cared about it they would play windstorm, or just warp points..

Oh and ow do you plan to attack with empoleon with noDRE or scramble..

5. Kamui988

Kamui988 New Member

I'll concider the 2-2 claydol, and I can still use empoleon's first attack with 2 energies, and I'm not a fan of DRE's and scrambles with the fear of decks countering with crystal beach and such.

6. dragonfire

dragonfire New Member

i think its a weird set up

7. Kamui988

Kamui988 New Member

Putting in the claydol line helped speed this deck up so much, thanks for that fix. Also made my own:

-1 Suicune
    -2 Castaway

+3 Pluspower

Suicune was always a dead draw and horrible starter, never had to use him, and also since I'm not using crystals anymore, no need for castaway. There has need several oppritunities to T2 win with prinplup or empoleon and I'll always be off by 10, so I put some pluspowers in to help with this, and in general it just helps.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2008
  8. Kamui988

Kamui988 New Member

Bump - looking for more fixes if able.

9. The Machampion

The Machampion New Member

Dude- I Allways find in room For A 1-1 Swampert Line - Becuse Simply The Manipulation That It Can Bestow And the Fact That 80 Damage and Dicard - also - Does This Deck Provide An Empoleon Every single time ne is needed ie - when one is needed is it ready?

As An Empoleon Lover And Have Used It For Ages I May Use This Build Tomorow at My States - Region Championships

10. Killjoy

Killjoy New Member

which swampert are you talking about The Machampion?

11. sgtdarryl

sgtdarryl New Member

IMO weird is way better than the (cookie cutter)/(cookie cutter mod) s i think it's very good build for all -purpose speed deck

12. Prof Clay

Prof Clay New Member

Check out our list in Taylor's Regional report. She won a tough tough regional with an Empoleon deck we worked with since January. She calls it KingPenguin

It gives you a chance with all the current main decks.

By the way...we found bebe works better than Celio in decks containing Claydol...More card drawage

13. edwarpy

edwarpy New Member

Claydol sounds like setup Empoleon. Furret, CC, and Double Rainbow sound like Speed Empoleon!

14. dragonite1234

dragonite1234 New Member

-1 Empoleon DP
    +1 Empoleon DP5

15. The Machampion

Swampert GE

16. lejeune20

lejeune20 New Member

4 primplup it's such a good spread

17. Killjoy

Killjoy New Member

How would empoleon work with say a Feraligatr line? im thinking of running the two together.

18. The Machampion

I Dont Know Empoleon Seems to get me in a fuzzie, it isnt fast enougf in most lines but in others its to slow

19. Rashad

Rashad New Member

taking out energy removal for 2 battle frontier since togekiss/garchomp popularity/2 crystal beach against DRE heavy decks have u thought about a 2-2 of dudtrio MT to help hit the bench other than that nice build

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.