T1 Spinda for 40
T1 Torb for 20

T2 Spinda for 40
T2 Torb on bench
T2 Trode for 100

T3 Spinda for 40
T3 Trode for 100

It's a rush deck.
Spinda is amazing and underrated. Seriously with DREs and Castaway and Energy Search you can easily get 40 for 1.
Spinda easily handles the basics and can get an EASY T1 donk.
And Electrode handles any type of threat that is building up. If they get out a quick Gallade a Trode w/ 2 Pluspower and Charm can KO it. OR just 100 w/ Trode and 40 w/ Spinda.
It's VERY hard for GandG decks to recover from such an early pwnage.
Game should be over by turn 4 or so if you get what ya need.

Last edited:
you should really read the spinda's attack and electrode's pokebody.

spinda's attack.

SYNCHO PUNCH: if any basic energy card attached to spinda is the same type as any energy attched to the defending pokemon, this attack does 10 damage plus 30 more damage.

electrode's poke power

ERERGY SHIFT: once during your turn, if electrode would be knocked out by damage from an attack, you may use this power. electrode isnt discarded. instead, attach it as an energy card to 1 of your pokemon. while attached, this card is a splecal energy card and provides every type of energy but only one at a time. (has on other effect other than providing energy.)

so the deck wont work, but great idea

spinda's attack.

SYNCHO PUNCH: if any basic energy card attached to spinda is the same type as any energy attched to the defending pokemon, this attack does 10 damage plus 30 more damage.

:nonono:Hello? That is exactly the point. You see which energy the defending pokemon is using and then hit for 40 if you have an energy search. The only problem is that you must go second and you risk getting OHKO'd next turn with a T2 Tune or Flare Blitz.

I personally wouldn't play that sort of deck because it is a bit risky.

You can still put Minun and Plusle in 'cos your Spindas are gonna get killed. And considering what I just said, you can see why.

spinda's attack.

electrode's poke power

ERERGY SHIFT: once during your turn, if electrode would be knocked out by damage from an attack, you may use this power. electrode isnt discarded. instead, attach it as an energy card to 1 of your pokemon. while attached, this card is a splecal energy card and provides every type of energy but only one at a time. (has on other effect other than providing energy.)

I know.
The point of the deck is to kill your Trode and attach the energy to a Torb or another trode.
Next turn you can attach to Trode and swing for 100 OR just slap a basic onto Spinda.
You don't attach the special energy to Spinda you attach it to Torb/Trode for energy acceleration.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

:nonono:Hello? That is exactly the point. You see which energy the defending pokemon is using and then hit for 40 if you have an energy search. The only problem is that you must go second and you risk getting OHKO'd next turn with a T2 Tune or Flare Blitz.

I personally wouldn't play that sort of deck because it is a bit risky.

You can still put Minun and Plusle in 'cos your Spindas are gonna get killed. And considering what I just said, you can see why.

Maybe, I will test it.
But T2 Tune and Flare Blitz aren't as widely played as T1 Absol, so I am not too worried bout dat.

Last edited:
T1 Absol isn't much of a contest for spinda because spinda has 70 health and 2 PP's is a waste to kill a basic pokemon.

My main problem with Trode was you get stuck, late in the game behind in prizes, not being able to use Ion Blast to it's fullest effect without risk of losing. Another annoying problem I had with it was having to send up your new attacker for your opponent to take a free shot at before you can attack. Finally, what do you do when Trode can't KO the defending pokemon, but they can youe Trode?

I've come to the conclusion that Trode is probably better left as a tech line to harshly deal with lightning weak decks, as handing prizes to your opponent is really difficult to overcome.

brilliant point ,

i have to say that the metagame that seems to be arising, might allow a deck with fighting weakness to work, lucario is threatened by G and G and Gallade does little to trode if played right, but i dont like the intensive trainer build, sacrificing other pokemon that make electrode playable, i can't say thst i see spinda as thebeing helpful at all, it seems llikeit was meant to go with garchomp and has little to do with trode

but accumilating 120 damage by turn 2 with no pluspowers for 2 energy is insanely good, i just think that electrode decks need to be played carefully,

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

brilliant point ,

i have to say that the metagame that seems to be arising, might allow a deck with fighting weakness to work, lucario is threatened by G and G and Gallade does little to trode if played right, but i dont like the intensive trainer build, sacrificing other pokemon that make electrode playable, i can't say thst i see spinda as thebeing helpful at all, it seems llikeit was meant to go with garchomp and has little to do with trode

accumilating 120 damage by turn 2 with no pluspowers for 2 energy is insanely good, i hope someone comes up with a way to make it playable because i want to play it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back