Spread n Draw - Meta Ex/Queen/Catty

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by BlackBrock, Aug 28, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlackBrock

BlackBrock New Member

Comments / Fixes or Rebuilds/ Thoughts ?

This deck uses alot of Powers/Bodies while dealing Active and Bench damage at the sametime. Lati-Lock could hurt it but there is a way around it.

Pokemon :
    4 Holon Castform
    2-2 Delcatty PK
    2-1-2 Nidoqueen DF
    3-2-3 Metagross EX PK

Trainer :
    4 Rare Candy
    1 Night Main.
    2 ER2
    2 Stevens Advice
    3 Dual Ball
    3 Wind Storm
    3 PETM
    1 Prosess oak research
    2 Copy Cat
    3 Warp Point

Energy :
    3 Multi
    4 Lighting
    4 Metal
    4 D Metal

Start with Beldum :)psychic:) . Castofrm is ok also. get Metagross Ex out as soon as you can and have Nidoqueen and Catty on the bench and jus Abuse Innvatation, when your short on cards...use Delcattys Powers discard and NRG and Draw 3 Cards, about to deck out? Profess Oak Research or even Copy Cat.
    About the Lati-Lock shutting off my powers? no worrys...Dual Ball/Copy Cat/Porfess Oak Research also, Warp Point Helps in the matter, in searching for what i need and pulling out the Lati twins.
    Using Metagross's attack dealing 70 to the active and 70 to the Bench with the same name as the active...EVERYONE has a 2nd main attacker on the bench...so Kllnig 2 Pokemon at Once = 2 Prizes. also if you wanna get alil boost on Damage..Xatu DF on the bench for an Extra 10.

The Deck is 1/2

Comments / Fixes or Rebuilds/ Thoughts ?

Last edited: Aug 30, 2007
  2. jkwarrior

jkwarrior Active Member

You're going to need a way to counter your weakness to Lucario and Infernape

3. The Captain

The Captain New Member

just out of curiousety why exactly are you useing electric energys. and i would take out xatu for another 1-1 delcatty line

4. paint panic

paint panic New Member

Lati-lock only shuts off Poke-Bodies, not Poke-Powers. The only card here that would be affected by it is Xatu. Battle Frontier, on the other hand, is what really hurts; it shuts off the powers and bodies of Nidoqueen, Metagross ex, Delcatty, and Xatu. Ramp those Windstorms up to 4.

5. Blassari

Blassari New Member

Tech in something :water: type pokémon!

6. BlackBrock

BlackBrock New Member

Thank you for the comments and Fixes ^^ DECK UPDATE

jkwarrior - i really didnt think about that...got any suggestions?

The Captain - i choose Lightining Energy because i didnt have anymore Multi, and i dont have any Basic Metal Energy at the time.

paint panic - Thats true, i threw in the Winds for BF. and yea i should thrown them up to 4 :D

Blassari - why water type? and who?

Any other Comments or Fixes ?

Last edited: Aug 29, 2007
  7. Dark Ninja

Dark Ninja New Member

Water type because ape rips this deck apart. It may seem odd, but a 1-1 Altaria ex δ may help. Beats on ape (OHKO w/ a Strenght charm or Pluspower), resistant to Mario and Kricket (if you actually consider them decks) and speeds up Meta. Just an idea to try though.

8. Mob2099

Mob2099 New Member

my 2 cents worth, with the idea from dark ninja

Pokemon : 21
    4 Holon Castform
    2-2 Altaria ex δ
    2-1-2 Nidoqueen DF
    3-2-3 Metagross EX PK

Trainer : 25
    3 Rare Candy
    1 Night Main.
    2 castaway (great to help get mentor, Nrg to attach and charm when needed)
    3 holon mentor (great to setup deltla draw or get a castform for NRG)
    4 Wind Storm
    4 bebes (can get any pokemon)
    4 stevens
    1 warp point
    1 switch
    2 strength charm

Energy : 14
    2 boost (a fast queen attack or help alteria to attack)
    4 water
    4 Metal special
    4 metal basic(work towards this,if im right there are starter decks with X amount basic metal)

If I'm right this metagross ex has both player shuffle there hand to 4? If so that makes stevens golden for you.

9. afirule

afirule New Member

i like the list above^, but worry that 4 stevens advice is simply gna be too much. IMO, you aren't gna be shuffling down to four EVERY turn, cos you want to sense when your opponent has a bad hand and then not use the power again! Down to 2/mayb 3 at a push methinks.

Ive been thinking about metagross ex for a while, and think its power is LOVELY. Scanblast is nice too against swarming decks and besides, how can a kricketune hurt you like... at all?! Can you say... AW? lol

Altaria ex? Its power is nice, good type, and good resistance.
    however- its vulnerable being an EX- even if you do have ape's weakness, he can still plus power and pwn u lol. resistance is nice, but crystal shard pluspower AGAIN could really end the game for you. He's risky as a counter, but agreed- a great support.

IMHO- you need a blastoise d tech. Id try and squeeze a 2-2 altaria for powering ONLY (you can expect one of your lines to be at least partially prized most games). Then, try and fit a 2-0-1 Blasty d. 2 squirtle cos he's quite easily hunted, and theres less chance of him being prized. Dont worry about having the energy to power him- you'll never wanna use him.
    4 casty
    2 swabby
    2 altaria ex
    2 squirtle
    1 blasty d
    3 dum
    2 tang
    3 metagross ex
    2 ran
    1 rina
    2 queen

If latilock is still big in your area--> (how played will it be in the new format exactly without the luxury of DD starts/transiever-mentor pulls?) forget blastoise. But imo, he's a good addition.

Im still not sure about casty now that riolu is everywhere, and holon transceiver is trash. You MITE want to up your meta line to a 4-3-4 and simply go for a meta rush tactic perhaps? t2 shuffle down to 4? ouch! You could always try chingling I guess if you've got DP2 (i havent).

let me know what you think of the above- via PM if you want. Disruptions definitely the way to go IMO, and meta ex is a great card with which to do it!

10. BlackBrock

BlackBrock New Member

DECK UPDATE

Dark Ninja - good point

Mob2099 - i never thought of using stevens...thats a really good idea, and liek the lisit aswell ^^ it works with the idea of always being able to draw every turn if i need to.

afirule - Meta Ex's attack and pwoer just makes him perfect for swarm decks, reason i choose to work with him. ima look into the Blasty d. yea im not gonan be M.R. every turn, mainly when they ahve a larger hand than me. my attack wont change but more of a Drawing Strategy as you mentioned. so ima squezze in some Stevens. and Castform's for now are doing teh job, and speed up the energy attaching. so fornow ima keep them in.

thank you for hte commetns and fixes :D Any Others?

11. ixidor89

ixidor89 New Member

I wouldn't use Delcatty for drawing cards if you are just going to shuffle them all back into your deck with Metagross' power.

12. MrMeches

MrMeches New Member

You have to plan out the Catty!

Shuffle in with Meta.
    Steven's
    then Catty

rebuilt hand in know time!

The Blasty d is going to be needed for sure. Now with Magmor decks coming out and Sniping! Ouch!

GL and nice idea!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.