Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Spring TCG & VGC Regional Championships - Salt Lake City, UT - April 13th & 14th

ultimatedra

[GAL=54250]Spring Regional Championships are coming![/GAL]

RSVP at the facebook event by clicking here
Pre-register by clicking here
There will be a drawing for those who pre-register & a drawing for people who print their deck from the following site: http://pokegym.net/decklist/pokemon.htm

Drawing prizes for all TCG Pre Reg players will include: 2 drawings for an Elite Trainer Box
Drawing prizes for all VGC Pre Reg players will include: 2 drawings for a Game Stop Gift Card

This event is sure to be huge being the only one in the western United States! Expect players from all across the USA to be here fighting for that coveted trip to the National Championships this July and to get the last of your Championship points to qualify for the World Championships in August.

Double your chances for a trip to the regional championships by playing in both TCG and Video Game main events!

So get your deck of cards and your video game ready because these battles are going to be intense!

Where:
Utah State Fairgrounds - Promontory Building
155 North 1000 West, Salt Lake City, UT 84116 - Click here for map & driving directions

When:
TCG
Code:
April 13th, 2013 - Registration @ 8:30am-10:00am
April 14th, 2013 - TCG Top Cuts @ 9:00am
Video Game
Code:
April 14th, 2013 - Registration 9:00am-10:30am

Saturday Side Events:
VGC - Little Cup tournament (Reg. @ 11:00am-11:30am)
TCG - 8 Person Pod Buy In ($5.00 - Modified Constructed - 1 Booster Pack per round won)
TCG - Parent Tournament (For parents who have never played in TCG events before, theme decks will be given, and play a for fun tournament)

Sunday Side Events:
TCG - 8 Person Pod Buy In ($5.00 - Modified Constructed - NO RARES, NO POKEMON CATCHERS. 1 Booster Pack per round won)
TCG - 8 Person Pod Buy In ($5.00 - Modified Constructed - 30 Card Decks with a 3 card side board, NO BASICS - 1 Booster Pack per round won)
FunFest Mission - race to 1,000 points! (After VG Masters swiss)
FunFest Mission - Goal:30+ players! (After VG Masters swiss)

Prizes & Giveaways
Click here for TCG prizes
Click here for Video Game prizes

In addition to the regular prizes there will be random prize giveaways throughout the tournament. To be eligible for random prizes you must be playing in the tournament. If you drop out of the tournament you will no longer be able to get these prizes so keep playing for more chances to win!

Rules & Resources:
Click here for general tournament information
Click here for TCG rules & format information
Click here for Video Game rules & format information

Last edited:
Just as an update - we are currently in the process to get TV screens for people to spectate video game matches!
Just like when regionals started, we will be bringing them back for everybody to see.

Just as an update - we are currently in the process to get TV screens for people to spectate video game matches!
Just like when regionals started, we will be bringing them back for everybody to see.

That's sounds awesome. What do you plan to do for the device to show the DS screen on the TV? I was under the impression that TPCi doesn't rent out the devices they normally use.

Look up 3DS Capture Board. It's kinda expensive, but it works.

That's sounds awesome. What do you plan to do for the device to show the DS screen on the TV? I was under the impression that TPCi doesn't rent out the devices they normally use.

The 3DS hooks up via USB to a computer. Then it is just a monitor that shows the game in progress.

The 3DS hooks up via USB to a computer. Then it is just a monitor that shows the game in progress.

What slot hooks up to a computer? Are you talking about the SD slot? Or something else? I'm asking cuz I'd like to try and get that working for our Regionals as well.

What slot hooks up to a computer? Are you talking about the SD slot? Or something else? I'm asking cuz I'd like to try and get that working for our Regionals as well.
If they are using a modded 3DS (which is my assumption), a USB port is usually soldered to the capture board that has been added into the 3DS. I know that's how it works for the 3DS Capture Board you referenced.

Is there a way to black out certain portions of the screen like they do at VGC Worlds? If I were a competitor, I wouldn't want my HP to be displayed like that...

Is there a way to black out certain portions of the screen like they do at VGC Worlds? If I were a competitor, I wouldn't want my HP to be displayed like that...

You wouldn't want your HP displayed but you are fine with spectators knowing what attacks you used?
The screens will be facing away from the play area so the players currently in the match won't be seeing it and will most likely only be used in top cut because of the tournament rules on spectating.

6.2. Spectator Responsibilities
Spectators may watch a match but may not interfere with a match in any way.
Spectators should maintain a reasonable distance, as determined by the event staff, from matches in progress to avoid distracting the players. The only way a spectator is to interact with a tournament is through contacting a judge to inquire into the legality of a specific play . Comments and questions regarding games in progress should be made an appropriate distance from the match to prevent players in the active game from gaining an advantage due to outside information or distraction.

Players who are still participating in a tournament may not watch other games still in progress, as this provides an unfair advantage to those players during later matches.

Any disruption or penalties earned on the part of a spectator not participating in a tournament will result in penalties for the player or players that the spectator is responsible for. Should it become necessary to remove a spectator from a tournament, players that the spectator is responsible for will be disqualified from the tournament as well.

Pr e-registeration is now up!
If you want the exclusive Regional championship dice and be entered into a special drawing only for those who per-register, you want to do it now!
You have until April 12th @ 12:00PM (noon) MST to per-register.

http://www.utahpokemon.com/preregform.htm

EDIT 24 hours and we already have 37 people pre-registered. If you do not pre-register you will not get the exclusive dice and will not be entered for the drawing. Not to mention the quick line to check-in.

Last edited:
[DEL]90[/DEL] 117 Players and we are just shy of 2 weeks until the event. If you don't pre-register, you won't be getting any of the goodies for playing + you will be in a special drawing.

Last edited:
Sadly, I won't be attending this despite planning on being there initially. Have to save my money for Nats :\ Still, good luck to the Utah organizers! This looks to be a ridiculously big event, hope it goes smoothly.

UPDATE!
  1. we are now at 126 pre-registered players coming from all parts of the country! Pre-register now or you will be missing out on the goodies. http://www.utahpokemon.com/preregform.htm
  2. Second - our friends at NuggetBridge.com will do doing live streaming & commentary for video game top cuts! It will be done live at twitch.tv/nuggetbridge with commentary from some of the video game's most prolific players - Huy Ha, Duy Ha, Paul Hornak, and Jason Fisher-Short!

There is also an Arctic Circle and a wienerschnitzel further to the east and subway, KFC/A&W, and Arby's to the west.

150 players already pre-registered and more every day! http://www.utahpokemon.com/preregform.htm
There will be a drawing for those who pre-register & a drawing for people who print their deck from the following site: http://pokegym.net/decklist/pokemon.htm

Drawing prizes for all TCG Pre Reg players will include: 2 drawings for an Elite Trainer Box
Drawing prizes for all VGC Pre Reg players will include: 2 drawings for a Game Stop Gift Card

---------- Post added 04/07/2013 at 08:19 AM ----------

Saturday Side Events:
VGC - Little Cup tournament (Reg. @ 11:00am-11:30am)
TCG - 8 Person Pod Buy In ($5.00 - Modified Constructed - 1 Booster Pack per round won)
TCG - Parent Tournament (For parents who have never played in TCG events before, theme decks will be given, and play a for fun tournament)

Sunday Side Events:
TCG - 8 Person Pod Buy In ($5.00 - Modified Constructed - NO RARES, NO POKEMON CATCHERS. 1 Booster Pack per round won)
TCG - 8 Person Pod Buy In ($5.00 - Modified Constructed - 30 Card Decks with a 3 card side board, NO BASICS - 1 Booster Pack per round won)
FunFest Mission - race to 1,000 points! (After VG Masters swiss)
FunFest Mission - Goal:30+ players! (After VG Masters swiss)

I know that 5 posts above here I said I'm not going, but it looks like I probably CAN go after all. Hurray! Can't wait to see my Utah friends!

Back