SP's MD Regionals Report

Discussion in 'Regional Championships' started by SuicidalPikachu, Apr 13, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
  1. SuicidalPikachu

SuicidalPikachu New Member

ok. So i wake up to my mother bringing in laundry, and i realize my alarm clock didnt go off... So i scramble to get ready, take a shower, get dressed, grab my cards and bolt. I meet Nick and Ryan (Both Judging) and we roll up to rockville. Nick says we have to be there at 9:30... we get there at 8:30.... im kinda mad cause i could have had another hour of sleep. Anyways, i go get Sleeve checked because i was busy getting dirt off of them after barely passing through States with them, no complaints, so that was nice. I sit down and theres a hige group of ppl around Mike trying to build decks. I get called off to help this new kid with making sure his deck was legal, then somehow i'm writing his decklist and getting him a POP ID... As usual w/ these kinds of tournaments we start late, an hour late to be exact, There's like 150 people in the store including the parents who aren't playing, judges, and employees, so it's really crowded. Nonetheless it's free so i wasn't complaining. Kevin goes over the rules, says Masters have 7 rounds but we did not revieve information on top cut... He reinforced the no-high-roll rule and we begin.

ROUND1: Garchomp

BTW I'm playing Mag/Blaze just so you know...

We both get set-up, Garchomp wasn't really something i tested against so i was going to wait it out until she made her move. She had set-up 3 garchomps w/ water energy so that wasn't good. However, we trade prizes for awhile. i pull out a mag w/ 2 scrambles when i am behind by like 1-2 prizes, do everything for my turn, then Plop down my CESSATION CRYSTAL (1 tech). She can only do 70 and i am plowing through her garchomps at 140 a turn until it is killed. I bring up Mag LvX and time is called, i get the double knock out for the win.

1-0

ROUND 2: Flygon Ex

This was something else i didnt expect... She got out a claydol, Flygon delta, and Flygon EX and KO'd my pachi. I Bring up a scrambled Mag and pound on the flygon ex, she retreats it and brings up a Sableye. So i Bazooka the Ex and a Trapinch on the bench (she was using the one w/ 40hp). i get a double KO w/ sableye and trapinch and flygon ex has 30hp left. She comes up and hits my LvX for 80, i burn her w/ torrid wave, retreat for a Blaziken GE, and snipe off a vibrava on the bench. Flygon dies of burn so i get another 3 prizes, i snipe off a claydol for the last prize.

2-0

LUNCH BREAK:

We find out that Wendy's doesn't listen to your order very well since it took me like 5 mins to get them to understand i wanted a milkshake...

ROUND 3: Plocks

well, what can i say? i havent really tested against this version of GG and i get locked in, i realize i've lost so i go in w/ a Pachirisu w/ as much energy on it as i can to do 10 damage.

2-1

ROUND 4: Skittles

o_O, i didnt think i would play this at all, but i burn down one Ho-oh because they flipped tails. The second one comes up and I CC them and one-shot the bird. it's just a procession of Togekiss after that which i promptly remove.

3-1

ROUND 5: Death Machine

I'm playing Luke and have a pretty good idea of what he was playing since they were building it right next to me.. i do not know if they want their deck revealed so im going to be vague. He locks me in but i continue to beat down on his pokemon, snipe what i can. He couldn't draw what he needed and time was called w/ me ahead by 2 prizes.

4-1

ROUND 6: Death Machine AGAIN

This time it's Mike i am playing against. He has his anti-mortar tech prized and i get rid of the his lock, he can't really keep up because of the prize and i take my prizes.

5-1

ROUND 7: Flygon Ex...

ok, this round made me mad. i get a nice set-up and he drags up claydol. i let it sit there while i power up. we trade prizes and he has a flyong ex w/ 10hp left on his bench. we are tied and i need 1 more turn to get 3 prizes out of the 2 i have left,,, he stalls a bit and then time is called and he KO's the blaziken that's active..... he then told me he won 4 of his matches on time.....

TOP-CUT

i am 7th seed in the top 16 and i go against Mike first round...

ROUND 1:
    Game 1:

he starts w/ one of his worst starts and i pretty much donk him

1-0

Game 2:

I am dead drawing so i have to go aggro-combusken.. i get 2 heads on Double kick twice in a row which he get pretty mad about and i dont blame him. i pretty much pull what i need out of my bum.

2-0

ROUND 2:
    Game 1:

This time i am playing Jordan hill, so it's mirro-match which i hate. he goes first and we both are trying to power up magmortar, which is a losing race for me, he gets it out and beats me down to where i scoop.

0-1

Game 2: It's a pretty interesting game, but i get set-up w/ 2 claydols and out-speed him..

1-1

Game 3: We are both trading prizes this game and it is really close, he is ahead by a prize and gets another one, then time is called..

1-2

I watch the rest of the matches and i eat some pizza, Spencer wins the tournament and we get out of there at like 1:00 so i stumbled into my bed at 3:00 after being up for 21 hours...

Props:

Good matches
    Tech CC
    Magmortar
    Not playing much GG
    18 packs of cards
    Pizza

Slops:

Wendy's Staff
    Annoying Pinball machine
    Timed rounds
    Plock
    Not getting a good match w/ Mike
    not being able to eat pizza during match therefore turning the pizza cold...
    Ho-oh

2. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

Wow, you had to play four games against the Death Machine... and won them all! I managed to dodge both Mike and Luke all throughout swiss and single elim. I guess your lone Cess Crystal would have let you snipe the brown guy (or the yellow guy - whatever you're set up to do) and start rolling. That matchup still gives me the shivers when I think about it, though.

Nice job on T8. Nats?

3. ixidor89

ixidor89 New Member

Wobbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbby Price.

4. BloodDraek

BloodDraek New Member

why is that deck called death machine

nice job on T8, I got T8 as well

5. SuicidalPikachu

not sure if ima make it to nats spencer, dunno if my parents are gonna be willing fork out $400 to go.

6. Aardvarkvcg

Aardvarkvcg New Member

Very Nice Job!

Nice idea on the CC

7. ShadowCard

ShadowCard Active Member

If you get a job now, you'll have enough money by Origins.

8. SuicidalPikachu

yea, but my parents wont let me till i'm 16 which is like 5 days b4 nats...