Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Squirtle's Port Saint Lucie/Melbourne CC Reports

Squirtle

<a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p
So yeah, I finally went to a CC in FL.

Friday night I go over to Aaron's (Waliken) and we hand out. Come 3AM I realize that I don't actually want to play turbo octillery(lol) but I didn't have any cards on me, so I built Luxray/Manectric/Garchomp/Gallade/random techs. It was working ok, so I decided to run it(It was soooo clunky).

I knew this was going to be a good sized event with plenty of competition, Jason(ness) made sure of that.

Round 1 vs Gengar:

I get a t2 Luxray X and take two quick prizes. At one point he has 2 uxies, an azelf, and a claydol out so I gust the claydol and power wave a bunch ftw.

1-0

Round 2 vs Turbo Nidoqueen/Belt.dec:

I go first..He opens with Nidoran and then puts a spirtomb with a Q on it on the bench. he had a T1 nidoqueen. next turn I Luxray up the Q'd Spiritomb with Luxray and just Azelf lock it. He scoops after about 10 minutes.

2-0

Round 3 vs ???:

Totally Blanking on this one.

3-0

Round 4 vs Kingdra:

Luxray + Manectric + Lucario = good business

4-0

Round 5 vs Aaron(Lux/Ape):

I win, but concede.

4-1

Round 6 vs Gyarados:

Ugh, this deck again. I get a fast lead with Luxray and then just match his gyarados KOs.

5-1

Aaron ended up going 6-0 so I was the second seed.

So I find out before top cut that I wrote "2 cynthia" twice on my decklist instead of "2 Cynthia, 2 Night Maintenance" so I had to play with 4 cynthia and no night maintenance. Oh well, I just have no way to get my guys from the discard pile.

Top 8 vs Justin(Blaze/Ray):
Game 1: I realize how good toxicroak promo is vs this deck and manage to win.
Game 2: I fold after like 4 turns
Game 3: He dead drew all game.

Top 4 vs ??(Blaze ray):
Game 1: Just like top 8
Game 2: Just like top 8

Top 2 vs Aaron(Luxape)
He knew that if we met in finals that we'd really play, it was getting late and instead of playing an hour long match he just decided to concede and take his 8-1.

Melbourne, Florida:

I tweaked my deck to take out most of the garbage, and make it a little better.

Round 1 vs George with Salamence:

Well, I seem to play George in round 1 during most of the local event. It happened yet again today. Garchomp made it a pretty hard game for him.

1-0

Round 2 vs David Hubbs with Tyranitar:

I took a bunch of prizes early and then one shotted his ttar with a boat load of energies on it.

2-0

Round 3 vs Aaron with SP Toolbox:

This game was super close and really could have gone either way. I ended up winning by one prize.

3-0

Round 4 vs Jessie with GeChamp:

I thought for sure I was going to get beat here. I had a horrible start but managed to top deck a call energy. I got a t2 snipe on her Machoke, and then another snipe on a machop. She finally got a machamp to take out my garchomp and I gusted up her Claydol to use power wave for my last 4 prizes.

4-0

Round 5 vs Jason Klaczynski with Dialga G/Garchomp C:

Nostalgic much? This game had everything that you would expect it to.As soon as people were finished with their game they came over to watch. It was really incredible.

I took a big lead with manectric early. He started making a comeback after I got a horrific Cynthia's for 8. There was about 5 minutes left and I was leading 1 prize to 2. He had 3 special metal on his Dialga, and there was no way for me to knock it out. I looked through his discard pile to see that he used 4 poketurns. I thought about it for a while and then saw my win condition. His only benched pokemon was a Bronzong g with no energy on it. I use roseanne to grab my last electrike and used roar, forcing him to switch to Bronzong. He attached and galactic switched. I draw, evolve to manectric, attach a lightning and use attract current. Next turn I can power wave for the win.

5-0

Top Cut is:

Me(Luxray/Garchomp/Manectric)
Jessie(GeChamp)
Jason(Dialga/Chomp)
Twitchy(Luxape)

Top 4:
Game 1: I win no problem, manectric stops ape and it was easy
Game2: I prize Azelf and Luxray X, Take 3 prizes and dont get them.
Game3: I scooped game 2 with about 2 minutes left so I'd get the option of going first. I use twice for 9 cards total and whiff a cyrus or a gain FTW in sudden death.

Overall it was a great weekend, and I'm looking forward to the Georgia Marathon and doing it all again!

Great job steve, wish we could have had a better third game in top 8!
Hope to see you at states or some ga cities(might be heading up there).

Nice win. I respect you using every resource in your deck, like Electrike's Roar against Jason and Weedle in that game at Worlds

A match between the two most recent World Champions...no wonder people came to watch!
GJ winning one and T4ing in the other.

Interesting deck choice Steve. I am glad you are doing well. Congrats on your win and T4. Keep it up!! :biggrin:

Drew

How do you Azelf-lock a Spiritomb? That should last 2 turns, given that Spiritomb isn't Resistant to Psychic (rather Colorless). Chatot lock, maybe. Azelf lock only lasts for 2 turns...

How do you Azelf-lock a Spiritomb? That should last 2 turns, given that Spiritomb isn't Resistant to Psychic (rather Colorless). Chatot lock, maybe. Azelf lock only lasts for 2 turns...

Nidoqueen heals the 20 from his tomb before it ever gets back to my turn,

WorldChamp v WorldChamp rd 5 ...both 4-0.....STIFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!

Nuff said. Hope to see ya soon in GA

Keith

Back