St. Louis League starting back up

Discussion in 'Pokémon League' started by lilgroudon, Jan 2, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
  1. lilgroudon

lilgroudon New Member

The Gathering Ground
    Saturday 12:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
    Valley Park (10 N Elam Ave, Valley Park, MO 63088 636-225-8100 )

Starting Local League up again

Every Staurday 1:00pm
    Tourney begins at 1:30 pm
    Awesome prizes the more you win the more you get,

If the tourneys see 14 or more Store Credit is even given out.

Regular Draft Tourneys Once Every Month

Cool Badges, Prizes, and Promos.

Tourneys Start Saturday, January 5th 2008.

2. meganium45

meganium45 Active Member

Richard.

Great job on getting this back and moving forward.

I will have the league stuff waiting at the store for you, and please PM me with the names of the people in attendance so that I can immediately report this league, and get it reactivated on the OP site for people to find. If there are new players, I will need their addresses and birth dates as well!

THANK YOU for your intiative in starting this. Eternal glory will be yours.

Vince

3. Big Daddy Snorlax

Big Daddy Snorlax Administrator

I noticed there is kind of a topic about this over in the Leagues Forum, but this is much more specific. I know you put it here in Tournaments because there is a tournament associated with it, but I think I will also put a copy of it over in Leagues to give you a bit wider exposure. Good luck with the new League!

BDS

4. meganium45

meganium45 Active Member

14 people there this week!

Wow! The monster has been reborn.

The store owner, for the $30 in league fees, gave out 16 packs for prizes, attendance and the like!

Come on down on Saturday! The packs are there for the taking!

Vince

5. meganium45

meganium45 Active Member

OK, for all my league leaders, I am making "League Leader packs" for every location, that include instructions, fun free toys for you (to keep) and more stuff to give away to league members.

I will be taking a few minutes at each prerelease to talk to my league leaders, deliver the packs, and make sure we are all on the same page walking into the second quarter of the year.

I will also be talking to the store owners and managers and see what else we can do to make the leagues work more effectively!

At this point I plan on delivering league leader packs, no less than quarterly (hey, every preRelease, how about that!) to keep you all supplied with new cool stuff A) for yourselves, and B) to share with the kids.

We cannot keep pokemon from growing strong without great league leaders, and I need to give you all the framework and support you need!

Unfortunately it took the GG to make me realize how much coordination is needed in this, and it took the strength of Richard W to push this matter forward.

Now that we are opening up leagues 6 and 7 in the area (and rumblings of potenially 8 and 9 this summer), I, you, we need to have the framework to succeed! We will succeed!

Thanks again for ALL YOU DO!

Vince

6. Tank68

Tank68 New Member

Ya know its so cool to show up somewhere to see all the "older" teens there playing & having a good time! For my kids to always talk about how much they would be made fun of if anyone knuw they played Pokemon, it just amazes me the amount of older teens who never seem to make a Pokemon event of any sort dull! Sat even brought out a new 10 yr old player who had semi retired for several months due to Football season! His dad & I talked a bit & he even mentioned that after all these years its neat to see how Pokemon is still alive & kicking & to see older players involved! I told him Sir, this is only a dead league were trying to revive...lol Wait until you get back into the groove & encounter States...lol :eek: So for it to be a league in revival status, it was a good turnout!

:thumb:

~Melissa~

7. lilgroudon

lilgroudon New Member

Thanks Vince awesome and i could never have done it with out Mrs. Tenney helping me out, oh and by the way i am planning to go up to Mann school and talk to them about the pokemon leagues as soon as i get a chance.

-LG

8. meganium45

meganium45 Active Member

And that, my friends, is what makes a new league work! 2 leaders (or more) working together!

Vince

9. Tank68

Tank68 New Member

That & the fact that everyone is on the same page...lol :thumb:

~Melissa~

10. Tank68

Tank68 New Member

LG, dont forget we wont be there this Sat due to Chris & I going our of town!
    The kids will be with granma all weekend & Sat they are going to the Hockey game so they wont be there either!

Pray that BOTH CHRIS & I BOTH come back Sunday & I dont leave him somewhere...lol This is our 1st ever 2 day vaction away w/out ANY of the kids! Can you believe?? I CANT EITHER...lol

Have a good weekend yall & see ya later!

~Melissa~

11. lilgroudon

lilgroudon New Member

Okay the league can take place we have Jack and his people coming down with us for my Birthday awesome

Have a nice trip

-LG