Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Steelix Prime for 2011 WORLD CHAMPION!! HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

phillipleue

Alright, I am trying to put together a steelix prime / blissey deck, formerly known as 'Heelix', for it's healing qualities. But I need some help. Here's what I have initially:

3-3 Onix UL, Steelix Prime
2 Bronzong G
2 Uxie
2 Sableye SF
1 Voltorb SF
1 Electrode Prime
2 Unown Q
2 Chansey - Platinum
1 Blissey - Platinum
1 Blissey Prime

Total Pokemon - 20

2 Research Record
2 Seeker
2 Conductive Quarry
2 Expert Belt
3 Flint's Willpower
3 Energy Pickup
2 Bebe's Search
2 Interviewer's Questions
2 Pokemon Communications
2 Lucian's Assignment
1 Flower Shop Lady
1 Luxury Ball
2 Pokemon Collector

Total Supp / Trainers - 26

4 Special Metal Energy
5 Metal Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy
1 Warp Energy

Total Energy - 14

Pokemon - 20
Trainers - 26
Energy - 14

So, obviously, Steelix prime is the fighter here. The Onix have a good ability to keep the bench healed if needs be, and so do the chanseys and blisseys. Uxie and Sableye are no brainers. Unown Q is to move out a starter if I need to move steelix in. Electrode prime's 'Energymite' allows him to be voluntarily knocked out, and lets me draw 7 cards, and attach any energies I see in those 7 cards to my hand. Bronzong G also allows me to transfer energies to Steelix, and in conjunction with Flin't Willpower, that effectively lets me play down 2 energies a turn, granted I have them in my hand

With my trainers and supporters, some go without explaining, ie E-belts, Poke Comm, bebe's, Lux ball, Flower lady, Poke Coll, and Int's q's. Conductive Quarry helps me draw my energies from the discard pile. Flin't willpower I just explained. Research Record helps a lot when using Uxie or Electrode to try and make sure you're getting all the energies you can. Energy pickup allows you to attach a 3rd energy from the discard pile onto a pokemon per turn. Lucian's Assignment helps me move a lot of energies from Bronzong G to Steelix in one turn. And Seeker really only lets me use sableyes and uxies, and then get them off my bench, so I have room for my team.

Alright guys, someone help me out whit this deck! I, as other steelix prime players have found out, am extremely vulnerable to fire decks. I am thinking about trying Quagsire GL, or Glalie from Arceus Platinum. I would rather use Glalie, but he isn't basic, and that means more cards I have to sub to get him in.

I have a friend who is playing a raichu prime / pachirisu deck, and it's really tough to beat. So, I want help with those two! Any other weaknesses you guys see?

The Bronzongs will work nicely with Flint's, but you're going to have some issues against any SP with Garchomp. You'll be left high and dry after a galatic switch - with 70 HP left. It's a pretty awesome idea, but I think that tech might be better left out.

A standard skeleton list of Healix looks something like this:

3-3 Steelix (UL-UL)
2-2 Blissey (PT-PT)
2 Uxie LA

3 Bebe's Search
3 Pokemon Collector
2 Professor Oak's New Theory
1 Palmer's

4 Pokemon Communication
4 Poke Healer+
2 Warp Point
1 Luxury Ball

2 BTS

4 Double Colorless
4 Special Metal
4 Metal

-46 cards
This gives you 14 open spots for techs

A few techs I suggest are:

2-1-2 Nidoqueen RR (for extra healing)
2/3 Rare candy (for Queen)
4 Poke Drawer+ (nice draw, very useful)
4 Skarmory UL/Jirachi RR/Sableye SF/Smeargle CoL (nice starters, helpful for getting set-up)
Another BTS

Hope it helps! :thumb:

Awesome ideas! I built the deck Erik Nance suggested, and against some of the new decks out there like LostGar, and Pachirisu/Raichu, It seems to be starving for energies. Has anyone tried this deck out against newer decks to see how it holds up? I don't want to ruin a good thing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back