Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Strange Delusions

Status
Not open for further replies.

bullados

<a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?
Kinda a joke/imaginary deck, but is tons of fun to play...

Pokemon (20):
4 Ralts
2 Kirlia
2 Gardevoir
2 Gardevoir ex
2 Wynaut
2 Wobbuffet
3 Tentacool
3 Tentacruel

Trainers (23):
3 POR
3 Copycat
3 Dual Ball
3 PETM
2 PokePark
2 Town Volunteers
4 Rare Candy
3 Switch

Energy (17):
4 Multi
13 Psychic

Remember that Strange Tentacle PokePOwer that people tried to break so often back in Neon? I think this might be the only way to get it into a deck. It's, like, the ultimate Gardy boost. I've played this thing, and it's done fairly well, going about 2-1 before a complete overhaul. Haven't played it since.

bullados said:
Kinda a joke/imaginary deck, but is tons of fun to play...

Pokemon (20):
4 Ralts
2 Kirlia
2 Gardevoir
2 Gardevoir ex
2 Wynaut
2 Wobbuffet
3 Tentacool
3 Tentacruel

Trainers (23):
3 POR
3 Copycat
3 Dual Ball
3 PETM
2 PokePark
2 Town Volunteers
4 Rare Candy
3 Switch

Energy (17):
4 Multi
13 Psychic

Remember that Strange Tentacle PokePOwer that people tried to break so often back in Neon? I think this might be the only way to get it into a deck. It's, like, the ultimate Gardy boost. I've played this thing, and it's done fairly well, going about 2-1 before a complete overhaul. Haven't played it since.

ok i got some deck suggestions
take out he following
-3 Copycat
-3 Dual Ball
-2 poke park
-4 multi

wat you should add is
for the copycat put in birch
for the dual ball put in fan club
for the multi energies change them t o all psyhic
as for the pok park and in 2 oran/ or potion

so ur deck would be

Pokemon (20):
4 Ralts
2 Kirlia
2 Gardevoir
2 Gardevoir ex
2 Wynaut
2 Wobbuffet
3 Tentacool
3 Tentacruel

Trainers (23):
3 POR
3 Birch
3 fan club
3 Professoor elm's traing method
2 potion/oran berry (wat ever u prefer)
2 Town Volunteers
4 Rare Candy
3 Switch

Energy (17):
17 phsyic

OK, I'll explain my reasoning behind all of those choices...

Copycat: I think that this is better than Birch, and is the closest thing to a staple card in this format. POR is just there for backup and extra card drawing, and HE's better than Birch.

Dual Ball: One of my goals for this format is to make decks with less than 10 Supporter cards. I'm already over my limit with 11, and I personally think that Dual Ball is pretty good in this format.

PokePark: Two purposes. First, the obvious one of healing. Second, it's an incentive for my opponent to attach more energy, even after Gardy or Gardy ex has hit the board. Psychology is key in this game.

Multi: That's just in case I'm stuck with a Tentacruel active, I wanna be able to attack and stall for at least a little while before I can bring out another Gardy.

This is a concept deck, combining a proven winner (Gardy) with a particular helper that I think might be worth my time (Cruel). So far, this thing in its current form is 3-0, beating another Gardy deck in the process. I don't like Boost Energy. I consider it to be a waste of an NRG attachment, just because it goes away as soon as its used, and that's wasteful. Also, I believe that both Gardy and Gardy ex say in their attacks, "Energy Cards", which defeats the purpose of using Boost in the first place.

Tentacruel doesn't hit the table until about turn 8-9, and Cool doesn't until about turn 6-8. This keeps them off-balanced. Also, I personally hate boost, for the reasons stated in my last post.

Well, Boost with Gardy is like playing 3 Plus Powers for the price of an energy attachment. PP isnt considered a waste of space in any deck, and it only adds 10 damage. Just some things to consider....

Good idea, but I don't think it would work well. WHat if your opponent had alot of energy on their active pokemon? Then most likely you would have to either try to over-power your active or not even play tentacruel at all. But lets say you did get to use the power. Most pokemon work on 4 energy and down. So in most cases, if they have less energy than you do, adding one will make your energy even. Add in the fact that your only doing 10 more damage to them, and that you are in fact powering up their pokemon so it is getting 2x the powerup per turn, I don't really like the power.

I haven't seen much played with an attack cost of more than 3 energies. Also, the power benefits myself more than my opponent, as I don't HAVE to use it, but I do know that if I can KO the other guy with one or 2 extra NRGs, then I can put it on. As a little bonus, they don't want to play any more energies, seeing as that powers me up further. I take what they've already used, use it again, and power myself up huge. I have had times playing straight Gardy where I just needed 1 or 2 more energy to KO the other guy, and I've always liked Strange Tentacle, and wanted to somehow build a deck around him.

that's 2 S2s, tho. I don't like running 2 S2s. They run too slow for my taste. So far, this thing is 4-0, but I'm still lookin for ways to improve this particular idea of this deck. Please, do not comment on my strategy, comment instead on ways that I can improve the deck within that strategy.

bullados said:
that's 2 S2s, tho. I don't like running 2 S2s. They run too slow for my taste. So far, this thing is 4-0, but I'm still lookin for ways to improve this particular idea of this deck. Please, do not comment on my strategy, comment instead on ways that I can improve the deck within that strategy.

but isnt this bout devck help and strategy

I'd prefer the deck help thing. This strategy does work, and, so far, it's beaten every kind of deck it's faced. What I'm looking for is mainly TecH and number choices that could improve the deck idea as it stands right now.

Let see, they need to have less energy than you do for you to use tentacruel's power. So how about some energy manipulation? So you can move energy onto your active so you have more energy than they do? Energy Switch maybe?

That's the best idea I can come up with.

The problem with that is that I need to take something out, and I don't think that NRG Switch is better than the trainers that I currently have in there. It's a good idea, tho, just needs more space... (still wants a 70 card limit...)

ya but if u need a quick KO then boost is whtcha need...boost is a defenite must in all gardy/gardyEX decks..besides after tht then just start feedbackin like crazy

scizorkid:
yes, just expressing a hope...

SupremeBlader:
I don't really care. Boost is a waste of a card spot to me b/c it just gets discarded immediately and gives virtually no additional benefits that just Psy Shadow and regular NRG attachment would already give.

To get Gardy ex quicker,

-1 Wobbuffet
- 4 Multi Energy
+1 Gardevoir ex
+4 Psychic Energy

Multi has to go for speed reasons. I play Garde/GArde ex and I have 18 Psychic Energy and I usually run out perty quick. I also play 4 Boost usually, but you've already declined THAT.

but then there is a problem. He will only have one Wobbs, and that really wont help. heres my fix (Similar to HypnosProjectHQ's idea, but Wobbs stays in the deck).

-4 Multi energy
+1 Gardevoir EX
+3 Psychic energy

The multis are essential as a safety mechanism, and I've found that 13 psys are plenty for getting enough damage for middle and late game (after my initial Wynaut is KO'd). Also, I will NEVER play more than 2 ex's in any one deck, because I don't want to risk my opponent getting off 3 freak shots that KO all of my ex's and win him the game (and that ALWAYS happens to me...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back