3 Pluspower
2 Rare Candy
2 Night Maintenence
2 Bebe's Search
2 Switch

Energy:16
10 Fighting
6 Psychic

So, I found this little idea HIGHLY amusing to me. This can mass hand control AND damage, while annoying the crap outta your opponent with huge disruption. And now the cards:

Exeggutor LV.43 – Psychic – HP80
Stage 1 – Evolves from Exeggcute

[.] Psychic Strategy: Each player counts the number of cards in the opponent's hand, then returns his or her hand to his or her deck and shuffles it. Then, each player draws cards from his or her deck up to the number of cards that were in the opponent's hand (you draw your cards first).
[P] Barrage Rush: You may discard any number of your Energy in play. Flip a coin for each Energy card that's discarded in this way, and this attack does 50 damage times the number of heads.

Weakness: Psychic (+20)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

Regirock LV.51 – Fighting – HP90
Basic Pokemon

Poke-Power: Regi Cycle
You can use this Power once during your turn, if you have Fighting Energy in your discard pile. Discard 2 cards from your hand. Then, attach 1 Fighting Energy card from your discard pile to this Pokemon. This Power can't be used if this Pokemon is affected by a Special Condition.

[F][F][C] Stone Edge: 40 damage. Flip a coin, if heads this attack does an additional 30 damage.

Weakness: Water (x2)
Retreat: 3

Regice LV.43 – Water – HP90
Basic Pokmon

Poke-Power: Regi Move
You can use this Power once during your turn. Discard 2 cards from your hand. Then, choose 1 of your opponent's Active, Unevolved Pokemon and switch it with 1 of his or her Benched Pokemon. (Your opponent chooses the Benched Pokemon to switch. This Power can't be used if this Pokemon is affected by a Special Condition.

[W][W][C] Ice Reflector: 50 damage. If Regice was damaged by an attack during your opponent's previous turn, the Defending Pokemon is now Paralyzed.

Weakness: Steel (x2)
Retreat: 3

Exeggutor: Top attack. Amazingly good. Makes you both shuffle your hands, and draw your opponent's previous hand size. Now how awesome is that? You'll see how it gets better soon. Bottom attack on Exeggutor is also a bomb. 50 for each heads flipped on any amount of energy discard. Excellent! Onwards I know your eager to see the synergy...

Regirock: The main flow of the deck revolves around good ol' Regirock here. His power, allowing you to discard 2 cards from your hand, and then grab a :fighting: from the discard and attach it to him. Wow! That one Power just enabled 2 different options! It allows you to downsize your hand, giving Exeggutor an awesome option of making your opponent draw less with his top attack, bringing in some control and disruption. And Regirock gets a nice little energy for Exeggutor to use at his discretion for his Barrage Rush. Now imagine having, oh say 2 or 3 Regis out using this Power, cutting your hand size to 0, and using Psychic Strategy to cut your opponent's options to top decking a miracle card, all the mean while having access to quick 50 damage hits. Ouch...

Regice: His Power gives basically the same benefits here. Drops 2 cards from his hand for Psychic Strategy, but he is an anti Mr Mime staller, pushing Mimey back to the bench and giving Eggx another target, instead of having to give Eggx 3 energy just to POSSIBLY kill Mimey.

Lunatone: He's just here to shave down your hand size more, another basic just going along with the flow and who knows, you might honestly want that last card in your hand preventing you from performing the Psychic Strat-hand lock out. Plus, if I am thinking how Regirock works correctly, I don't believe his Power can discard a Fighting for the cost and immediately grab it out of the discard again (correct me if I'm wrong on that.)

I'm really looking forward to testing this deck out sometime soon, it looks like a bunk load of fun seriously. Heh, any fixes or suggestion would be fantastic. =D

Last edited:
-4 Multi
+2 Psychic
+2 Fighting
-2 Lunatone
+2...something (you seem to already have enough discard with Regirock and Regice.)

I realized shortly after posting Multi is obsolete seeing as Regice needs 2 Water to attack. Energy fix agreed. Lunatone how I am more reluctant to relieve. It is pretty useful, seeing as Regirock needs a fighting in the discard in order to use his Power. Lunatone can shave 1 fighting down into discard for Regi's discretion. I agree Regi's cover it nicely, but Lunatone is just highly effective in dropping that one fighting for enabler. Anything else?

put in solrocks so you can draw a card when you discard also i would make it a 2-1 line of luna rock i dont know wat you could pull though

I am going to assume that butchered word was supposed to be Solrock, and the idea is not to draw after using the Power, because that puts me back to square one, which is still holding a card in my hand. The idea of no Solrock is because I want my hand size to be 0 when I am prepping Psychic Strat. I do not want one card in there. Do NOT tell your dad or Carl or Trev about this idea Jordan, it's secret from them till release. ^_~

Nice idea. You might consider adding some Alakazam, even though it would mean adding Rare Candy as well, because it aids in your theme of diminishing your own hand while providing fuel for Regirock to recharge, actually can attack if it has to since you've got the psychic energy, and most importantly, COMPLETELY eliminates any potential recovery from Claydol or Uxie lv. X or whatever else. If their hand is down to 0 and they had a Claydol on the field somehow, the one card they draw for their turn would immediately turn into 6 in most cases but with Power Cancel, they are denied that option and they will be relying on top decking for a good long while.

I had the idea with Egg's first attack for a while too, but Claydol really is a problem for that. Alakazam is a possible option, but it's a stage 2 which really hurts the deck's consistency. Still gotta give you props, though, it's a cool idea.

lol then y did you post it on the gym my dad checks this like ever day lol nice job man and yes it was i thought i fixed it srry

Problem here? Claydol.
A 0 hand size turns into a 6 card hand with that one power. (obv.)
Do you have any way to prevent that?

Problem here? Claydol.
A 0 hand size turns into a 6 card hand with that one power. (obv.)
Do you have any way to prevent that?

the ruling for claydol is that you have to put at least one card at the bottem of your deck

Last edited:
True that. And best part is though, is Exeggcute searches for up to 2 basic Psychic or Grass type Pokemon with his CFF, allowing Alakazam possible T2 appearence if all else goes right. Would you recommend 2-2 or 1-1 on the Kazam line?

I didn't even realize the Exeggcute did that. Makes things even better.

I think you should experiment with both 1-1 and 2-2. Running 2-2 would obviously decrease the odds of both an Abra and an Alakazam being prized, and since Alakazam actually could be the clincher here, that added insurance might be important.

One concern I have for this deck is your own lack of hand replenishment, especially considering you're counting on discarding frequently with Regirock and Alakazam. I know your goal is to get your hand down to as few cards as possible as soon as you get Exeggutor out, but after that, unless your opponent is also running Exeggutor, there is no reason for you to keep your hand low anymore especially since you don't even have to worry about things like Holon Scientist or Copycat anymore. I mean, initially you might get a decent sized hand from Exeggutor when you drop your opponent's down (although it probably won't be more than 6 cards), but with all the discarding from Regirock and co., it won't last, and the rest of the game you obviously do not want to be using Exeggutor's first attack again unless somehow they recover (like with Cynthia's Feelings) and you need to slap their hand back down. I don't see how you're going to be able to keep refueling Regirock/Exeggutor (they've got that whole Metanite sort of chemistry going in a way) as well as continually disable Claydol with Power Cancel if you don't play Claydol yourself. I noticed you also don't play any draw trainers to help that either.

Going back to Cynthia's Feelings, I think that card being topdecked by your opponent is your single biggest weakness. One way to help with that while also providing some draw power for you would be Team Galactic's Mars, since they wouldn't be able to just hold on to cards like that if they drew into them before something was KOed and were trying to wait to get the full 8 instead of 4. You could even play some Cynthia's yourself, because if you use it early when nothing has been KOed, your hand goes down to 4 and the odds of you finding at least 1-2 cards in there that you can play to drop it even lower for Exeggutor's sake are pretty high with the abundance of trainers, basics, and energy you're running.

I also have an exeggutor deck going except its with garde, anyways your deck idea sounds like it all works great together but i see a few problems.

As butlerforhire mentioned, you are setting yourself up to be discarding like crazy to limit your opponent's hand, but you'll probably need more than just the top deck card after you psy strat to replenish.

My other problem i see is, with all that discarding going on, you have to remember regice can backfire as it's only active unevolved pokemon. You also must remember that exeggutor has only 80hp and the other regirock and regice both need 3 energies to attack so if your discarding them through super eggsplosion it might end up backfiring.

Good job on putting them all together as they can work brilliant.

i would have to add Tmts-2 Devoluter this will allow you to well obv. devolve your opponents pokemon
so you can use regi ices power. it also helps when they candy so...

-2 switch
+2 TMts-2

TEXT:

Technical Machine TS-2

[N/A} Devoluter

Choose 1 of your opponents evolved pokemon (excluding LvlX). remove the highest stage
evolution card pokemon and put that card back into your opponents hand

Butlerforhire: Yeah, the discarding is quite a lethal blow to the success of the deck, potentially hurting it in more ways the benefitting it, so I am looking to find something that could potentially help with energy build=up seeing as if Regis are unable to do their job I am in a problematic situation. However I have yet to find a card able to do a better job than Regirock, cept maybe Typhlosion whom completely sways off my strategy in the deck anyways. I think perhaps what I am hoping on, is that shutting down my opponent early will leave his Pokemon unevolved, weak, and highly KO'able by Exeggutor's bottom attack. Mars could very well be a good idea actually as well...

Noir: Butler's aforementioned problem is stated above and I agree with you both. The Regi's are normally not supposed attack anyway, and Regice is completely unable to attack all around anyway, but Regirock will attack very sparingly, and if the back fire you mentioned results ever, it's because of my own misconception and misplay. I should be able to pay attention to my field and scout out potentialy strategies.

Puff5: Whereas I agree the TM would be nice for Regice, his Power is not so important that I would want constant access to it, and besides that they could simply re-evolve (if not Candied) and I would have wasted a turn right there, something in which this deck cannot afford to do is waste turns.

List updated, Alakazam added as a 2-2. anything else guys? Good feedback so far keep it coming.

I think all you need is Claydol to allow Regirock to do its job, since it is a master at refueling your hand. Lunatone could easily be dropped for 2 Baltoy and then the 2 Claydol could come from dropping a Warp Point and a Night Maintenance perhaps.

Also, you run no Rare Candies so the only way you'll get to use Alakazam is if you attach 2 energy to Abra and use its evolving attack. This would slow the deck down since you want to be using Psychic Strategy as soon as turn 2, right? Rare Candy would also potentially allow you to do a turn 1 Psychic Strategy.

Oomph forgot Rare Candy!! >.< -palm face- Updated. Claydol now an option my Pokes are starting to get to be a little high in number. Anything else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back