Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

SUGGESTION BOX: Week 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rogue Archetype

Moderator <br> Contest Host
Thank you SO MUCH to all who contributed to the sticky posts about "LuxChomp" and "Consistency."

It's getting close to time to take them down and start two new stickies. :smile:

1. What deck do we want to highlight now?

2. What strategy aspect do we want to discuss ?

I'm sick, so if I don't respond much, it doesn't mean your ideas are bad, it just means I'm either too weak to type a response or log on :frown:

I want to discuss the strategy of deck building as a whole, how to build a great deck without net-decking or any of that.

I want to discuss the strategy of deck building as a whole, how to build a great deck without net-decking or any of that.

This deserves much more effort than just a week to really cover, but it's a great idea.

As for the deck to review, another strong meta deck would be good - perhaps Gyarados?

I think dialgachomp, it's a hard deck to play, and it's a really great meta choice. Gyarados is going to die in a hole soon, so dialga chomp would be a better choice :p

I think we should discuss LostGar for the deck and the strategy of beating the Deafen lock for the strategy topic. There just aren't enough topics on those two, lol!

Regigigas because people should open their eyes more to decks other than Gyarados and Luxchomp...
I think we should focus on the aspect of changing your deck to counter the metagame of the tournaments that you attend.

I think we should discuss LostGar for the deck and the strategy of beating the Deafen lock for the strategy topic.

All sarcasm aside, let's not talk officially about decks that haven't been released yet, ok?

i like what you do for the Pokegym community R_A but for some reason it makes me feel like I'm in first grade of Pokemon class.

All sarcasm aside, let's not talk officially about decks that haven't been released yet, ok?

There's nothing "official" about a stickied thread in the Strategy forums. It's just so we don't have 51364 threads about the same thing... personally, I support a highly-visible LostGar discussion. Might cut down on the mass of other topics about it.

Also... Gallade, why do you say Gyarados is going to die in a hole? It's probably the only deck that will have a remote chance against LostGar because of its heavy discarding ability. Additionally, once it gets access to GoW in B/W, it will be even better. There's some other card being released in one of the next two sets that will break it, too, but I don't remember what...

There's nothing "official" about a stickied thread in the Strategy forums. It's just so we don't have 51364 threads about the same thing... personally, I support a highly-visible LostGar discussion. Might cut down on the mass of other topics about it.

While I guess that makes sense, I'd prefer to wait on spending any effort seriously discussing a deck (now that I have sort of forced myself to do it) for when we actually know if it will come out and, if so, what it's composed of and what other cards are out there to counter it.

Also... Gallade, why do you say Gyarados is going to die in a hole? It's probably the only deck that will have a remote chance against LostGar because of its heavy discarding ability. Additionally, once it gets access to GoW in B/W, it will be even better. There's some other card being released in one of the next two sets that will break it, too, but I don't remember what...

Don't turn the topic aside ;p

Sablelock would be a good choice for deck discussion.

It's one of the better decks.

There's a lot of debate about builds and techs (Blaziken, Smeargle/Sableye, best Honchkrow line etc.)

It's one of the more challenging decks to play.

i like what you do for the Pokegym community R_A but for some reason it makes me feel like I'm in first grade of Pokemon class.

I have to break things down or people screw up the topic.

1. They go off-topic
2. They neglect to answer the questions presented.

So, please don't be offended by my approach. Even with the way I worded the original post, the majority of the responses didn't even answer the 2 questions above.
So, there the dilemna.

While I guess that makes sense, I'd prefer to wait on spending any effort seriously discussing a deck (now that I have sort of forced myself to do it) for when we actually know if it will come out and, if so, what it's composed of and what other cards are out there to counter it.

That's exactly how I feel about discussing LostGar or any other deck that's not even released yet.
We'd spin our wheels for weeks, see that some cards are missing in the next set and some new ones are introduced, then realize the ENTIRE discussion is moot because the cards that were actually released require a completely new discussion about the deck :frown:

^ agreed. I would say sablelock. Other than lostgar, it seems to be the deck with the most discussion lately. The prospect of lost world has caused a lot of interest over the deck, and I think now would be a good time to give an in-depth, multiplayer analysis of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back