Swampert/Ex and Wailren

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Clefable73, Mar 23, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clefable73

Clefable73 New Member

Let me know what you think about this deck and possible deck fixes.

4 Azurill
    4 Mudkip
    2 Marshtomp
    3 Swampert
    2 Swampert Ex
    2 TA Wailren
    2 Eevee
    2 Espeon
    21/10 basic

18 water energy

21 Trainers
    4 Archie
    3 Rare Candy
    3 Dual Ball
    4 POR
    3 TV Reporter
    1 Town Volunteers
    1 Fisherman
    1 High Pressure System
    1 Shaman

The idea of this deck is to use Azurill first turn to get my Archie or rare Candy, Wailren second turn or Swampert second turn. Then Azurill again for Wailren or Swmpert 3 turn. Start attaching energy via Swmperts power and hit them hard. Eevee/espeon to take care of Garde, Swampert Ex to take care of Amphy.

2. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

Being the (co)creator of the whole TA Walrein hype, I really don't think this deck will work with Swampert. Blastoise EX has a huge advantage in that it can attach WAY more energy with only one of it in play, Swampert only attaches to certain pokemon, etc. The deck just won't work with Aqua's Walrein here, so ditch it entirely. If you want a water deck, play Kingdra. It's probably the most viable (water) deck in the format now.

If you actually want to play this deck, good luck to you. Only doing 90 per turn is pitiful in the current format. If you return all energy attached to Aqua's Walrein it's pitiful, doing 90 damage. And then, since you only have three Swampert in the deck, if one's in the prizes, YOU'RE SCREWED.

POR won't work in this deck, since you're returning energy into your hand, you don't want it shuffled back in. Use Birch, after you put all the energy down your hand should be small, so you can eat up 3 or 4 cards without discarding any like TVR does. I understand your Espeon idea, but this deck should SLAUGHTER Gardevoir IF PLAYED CORRECTLY, since you're returning all energy in play to your hand.

Wait for Stoise EX, you'll have better luck with it and Milotic,

Wooper

3. Hot Mustid

Hot Mustid New Member

yea, kingdra is probably the best water deck right now, look at mine if u want, its in the forum somewhere.

but this deck would be murdered by just about every deck, just because it doesnt look like it can set up fast at all, kingdra comes out turn 3 for me 85% of the time

4. Cyrus

Cyrus Iron Chef - Master Emeritus

*sigh* Super, you're a pal, you really are, but try not to shoot down the fellow for being creative. If I weren't creative, then your Walreins would just be OHKO'd by Dunsparces and other tiny basics ;)

But, to the deck!

Pokemon (25):
    4 Mudkip
    1 Marshtomp
    4 Swampert
    1 Swampert ex
    2 Skitty
    2 Delcatty
    2 Magnemite
    2 Magneton
    4 Dunsparce
    3 Aqua's Walrein

Trainers (17):
    4 Rare Candy
    4 Oracle
    3 Archie
    3 Desert Shaman
    3 Professor Elm's Training Method

Energy (18):
    3 Multi
    15 Water

This is somewhat of a hybrid between my personal list for the Walrein rain deck, and Gymb0's rather inventive Latias ex/Magne/Del/Swampert deck. The deck is very cramped, so, no matter how unorthodox this may sound, there is no place for TV Reporter in this thing! =O *crowds die*

The Magnet/cat engine is what should be run in ANY non-blazi deck that uses the Delcatty for draw. You'll get plenty of the cards you need, and you will be out...fast!

The deck's still weak to Ray, but against that, you could always attack with a delcatty, perhaps? I think this would work well because BEX can't shoot down your Swamperts, and putting in a heal card (an unmentioned concept which you may want to take seriously) would keep Walrein from getting Ash'd, as well. Good luck, man!

Last edited: Mar 23, 2004
  5. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

Sorry, Clefable Whatever the number at the end is. I'm not just defending my honor/deck, well actually, it's pretty much that: XP, but the four Swampert is a must. You need to get him out ASAP to do some mondo damage with Aqua's Walrein, because you do 100 at the most with 4 Swampert. Try to get at least two out by turn three. This sounds hard, but it's necessary for enough damage to keep up with the big guns.

I can't really argue with any of Patriarch's fix, since it's near perfect. Actually, you shouldn't change ANYTHING. I'd wait till Stoise EX, but it's a cool idea to get a jumpstart now.

To Patriarch: Yeah, well I'm sure I woulda thought of those Milotics all by myself! I'm just joking.

6. Cyrus

Cyrus Iron Chef - Master Emeritus

Bah, I'm sure j00 would've, boyee! Just one step at a time, ya know? I woulda thought of the Walrein, too, but since the ideas were mixed together, the process was 2x as fast, thus giving us time to playtest before even the initial release/s! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.