Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Swift Empoleon (new and improved)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blade rush

I was looking at the Swift Empoleon deck that got second at worlds, then I saw that corsola was the core tech. I thought how could I rebuild such a deck? Then, looking at Great Encounters, I found a way to make it around.... 30% faster. You see, the Corsola got the Emp evo you needed that turn. Phione takes the 1 turn wait and makes it a no turn wait. It's even possible to have a T2 Empoleon! Now that's what I call good. The problem is, I have a couple ideas about this deck that I'm afraid to try. 1, should I tech in an Absol ex to spread damage, and 2, should I add 1 Empoleon lv.X? I was thinking no because cessations are really good near my meta-game. But on average, what do you guys (and girls) think? Here's a list idea. Okay, I lied. I have one more question. Should I add rare candy?

Pokemon:
4 Empoleon
? Prinplup
4 Piplup
4 Phione

Trainers:
4 Cessation
3 Castaway
3 POV
4-3 Celio's
? rare candy?
3 Roseanne's research
3 Buffer piece

Energy:
3 DRE
3 Scramble
8 Water

Once again, I see the deck perfect as it is, and techs are sorta risky with me because of my luck. So as you can see this is pretty much Swift Empoleon, just swifta! What do you think? People have been saying the new palkia is pretty good. I think it is, just not for my deck. This is more of a speed/disruption deck. I've playing something similar, and it works pretty well. Maybe I'm just good with these kind of decks. But any and all help is greatly appriciated because this might be my states deck!:biggrin:

I was looking at the Swift Empoleon deck that got second at worlds, then I saw that corsola was the core tech. I thought how could I rebuild such a deck? Then, looking at Great Encounters, I found a way to make it around.... 30% faster. You see, the Corsola got the Emp evo you needed that turn. Phione takes the 1 turn wait and makes it a no turn wait. It's even possible to have a T2 Empoleon! Now that's what I call good. The problem is, I have a couple ideas about this deck that I'm afraid to try. 1, should I tech in an Absol ex to spread damage, and 2, should I add 1 Empoleon lv.X? I was thinking no because cessations are really good near my meta-game. But on average, what do you guys (and girls) think? Here's a list idea. Okay, I lied. I have one more question. Should I add rare candy?

Pokemon: 18
4 Empoleon
3 Prinplup
4 Piplup
4 Phione
1 absol ex

Trainers: 25
1 Cessation (Empoleon decks are supposed to be agressive, 1 is all you need for a tech)
3 Castaway
3 POV
4 Celio's
3 rare candy?
3 Roseanne's research
2 stevens advice
2 TGW
3 plus power
1 strength charm

Energy: 17
4 DRE
3 Scramble
10 Water

Once again, I see the deck perfect as it is, and techs are sorta risky with me because of my luck. So as you can see this is pretty much Swift Empoleon, just swifta! What do you think? People have been saying the new palkia is pretty good. I think it is, just not for my deck. This is more of a speed/disruption deck. I've playing something similar, and it works pretty well. Maybe I'm just good with these kind of decks. But any and all help is greatly appriciated because this might be my states deck!:biggrin:

Fixed it up for ya!

Ladies and gentlemen, please keep the conversation focused upon critique/improvement of the deck at hand. Thanks.

-Dendro

i built somethin just like this except i played 4 prinplup and 1 candy. empoleons evos are so good for the deck that i just played like 4 quick ball to get them out fast

Legendary Ascent is the deck that won Worlds in the Masters Division.

Anyway, go with Prize Card's list, just you have 2 free spots you can use for other things, like maybe another Roseanne's or Cessation.

Good luck with it.

That's okay, plus I am using PC's list. I need to test it against decks like DWD, blissey, ect. I would, but the only other deck I have right now is magplosion, and I don't find that fair against Empoleon...

Try downloading redshark off pokebeach.com it has a lot of cards in data base((its like a computer deck building, playing type thing)... beside the phione and new cards.. or u can try using proxys.. for separate decks. Also after reveiwing the deck list i posted for you, see how the deck runs with these changes (I'm adding the 2 cards I missed in the list also):

-1 castaway (3 was to much)
-1 celios (if you start out with phione which you should, you aren't going to need 4)

+1 cessation crystal (its good to have a back up if your playing with a deck that uses powers.)
+ 2 night maintenance/or 1 NM 1 TSD (Only having 1 line of pokemon might be a problem, when you run out you basically lose, 2 night maintenance will help you a lot later game.)

+1 Tech card, Can't think of what else to add, be creative play around with the deck, see what your weaknesses are and what your pros are.. then add in something that helps you around those categories.

Phione is from GE and it has an attack for 1 colorless energy that lets you search for a pokemon that evolves from one of your bench pokemon and play it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back