2 TSD/Night Maintenence <--- which one?

Supporters- (12)
4 Castaway CG
4 TVR DF
4 Celio's Network CG

Energy- (15)
12 Water Energy PK
3 Scramble DF

Strategy- T1 Azurill, Baby Evolution, T1 Marill, Rollout for 30, T2 Azumarill, T2 40, T3 60 + possible Paralysis. If knocked out, send out Azumarill with Scramble for 60.

Matchups-

Infernape: Weakness can cause a T1 K.O. by Marill against Chimchar. Azumarill can K.O. Infernape with three energy and a PlusPower or Strength Charm. Matchup improves with Lake Boundry <-- looking to add in

Magmortor- Pry on weakness. Simple.

Empoleon- Tough match. Prize exchange is important. Watch Scramble.

T2 Tune- Very tough match. Depends on who gets the better start. If T2 Tune doesn't get energy, then I have a chance of winning and vice versa for me if I don't have any energy.

Electivire- If Electrivire can set up quickly it takes me out, but If I can quickly KO a Elekid or Electabuzz to slow down set up I might have a chance

There you go, Ikari!

Any comments or changes welcome.

Last edited:
Match Up for Electivire and Krike? I mean... you took the Decks with your weakness only... :lol:

Try taking out 2 Strength Charm for 2 Energy Removal 2. I know it's 50/50, but it can be pretty devastating.
For TSD vs Night Maintenance? I think it's better to go with what you own. If you have a TSD or 2, go with that, but if you don't, stick to Night Maintenance.
What are the Windstorm for? Cess Crystal can't hurt you that much. Use Warp Point to get around that.
Take out 2 Windstorm for 2 Team Galactic's Wager.

An interesting idea

A. Use TSD
Though i personally dislike it, it works better in this type of deck
B. Drop two of your stregnth charms for two Castaways

Interesting idea you made

this deck should run of mentor and quick ball. use mentor to get 3 out and then quick ball makes it easier to grap azumarill
i prefer this to kricitune for some reason. you need 4 er2, if they play holon GL then you lose a really helpful part of the decks ability to win.

[i hate hurricane:thumb:]

This deck does remind me a lot of Turn2 Kricketune.

I think it should definitely run Mentor and Quick Ball. I like Night Maintenance instead of TSD because getting one Pokemon back from the discard pile won't help. With NM you can get one of each and then Mentor or Quick Ball, or both.

I agree that Windstorm is useless and 4 Strength Charm is too many, since you're going to have CC on your Active a lot you wouldn't even be able to attach it.

Hope this helps, even though a lot of it has already been said(typed I should type).

OK, I know nobody will believe this, but I've been testing this deck extensively, and here are my actual results!

Mario W2 L5
Rhydon W4 L2
Magmortar W5 L2
Rampardos W3 L4
Blissey W1 L2

The deck is a thriller, but it has issues:
(1) Azurill vs Riolu. It happens a *lot*
(2) missing the Paralysis toss can be backbreaking

However, I think the results show that Azumarill can be a great partner to something. Maybe Blissey?

Also, your list:
Where are the Mentor? Quick Ball?
You need Mr Stone.
Also, no Scramble, and play Crystal Beach.

Add memory berry at least 2 if not more

Why?

Well if you read Azurill DP you will notice it have a VERY useful ENERGYLESS attack, that might come in handy in a tight situation.

(I believe you can use memory berry to use baby pokemon's attacks, but someone correct me if I am wrong)

You can use Memory Berry to use the attacks of any pokemon under the current pokemon, so Memory Berry would let you use Azuril's attack.

(BTW, Azuril is technically a basic pokemon and not a "baby pokemon", should you ever wonder about these things. There are no "Baby pokemon" in the modified format. There are Basic Pokemon who have no evolutions but a power that let you play another basic pokemon on top of them. But no "Baby Pokemon")

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back