4 Quick Ball
3 Holon Mentor
3 Rare Candy
2 Mr. Stones (gets energy in discard back) OR Stevens/ TV Rep
1 Night Maintenance

Energy (16)
16 Fire

ONLY starter is Vulpix.
Try to go for T1 Confusion w/ Vulpix and ALWAYS aim for T2 Ninetales, and swing for 60 over and over while using it's power to target weakness if possible.
Abuse Pluspowers and Strength Charms for KOs.

SO, really simple. Goal is to dish 60+ every turn starting from T2. Galactic's Bet helps A LOT if they draw into huge hands due to mullagains.

Is it as good as T2 Tune?, prolly not, but I love Ninetales so I wanna make this deck for fun.

Last edited:
use 1 Ninetales PK. i don't know about Lake Boundary cause i don't see too many grass decks being used (exept the Kricket and maybe Exeggutor). and with only 2 Mr. Stones maybe a 1-0-1 Blaziken PK or Typhlosion MT.

Updated the list a lil'.
1-0-1 Blaze or Ty MAY be used BUT I really like having a guaranteed Vulpix start.

Lake Boundary was cause you could change it's type to anything on your opponents side of the field.
Psychic is mainly weak to psychic, so that's one type that Lake Boundary is good.

The constant discards kill nintales. I would add some dres in to give you a chance against something that just koed you (although I doubt ninetales could return the favor). I would also ditch some of the energy recycling for er2s.

I've got to agree that the energy discard is a big problem. However when paired with a Firestarter he's quite workable and sometimes suprisingly effective.

Your opponent's hand is VERY BIG when you get your first Vulpix... LOL
And you might want use that 1-0-1 Blaze or Typho!

Only 60 and a discard, not too nice =(

Seriously, w/ the new DP cards a quick 60 really is nothing. It doesnt even take out some basics.

The Firestarter idea is insane, seriously, if you're gonna run a S2 in here, you might as well run an attack that can do decent damag.e

It's 60+ with the Poke-Power.

I built a Tails dp2 + Blaziken + Delcatty deck mostly for fun and it did very well overall. It was an absolute terror against multi-type decks like R-Gon or ones that were weak to their own type. I'm not going to argue that tials is BDIF but it's not terrible either.

I largely agree that that running a S2 to support a S1 attacker isn't optimal ... but I only really needed one Blaze on the bench and with Night Maitanence + Catty it was pretty easy to keep a powered up Tails in play at nearly all times.

I think Typhlosion is the right combo with this card, if you have something on the bench that can clean house after Nintails is gone. IMO, if its just Nintails, you can only really win against decks that have Psychic weakness to themselves, which will be very rare to see in the next format.

this deck won't simply work because your opponent wil draw many cards i will combo it wit another pokémon and then put in a starter

OK, I have decided a 2-1-2 Blaze/Thphlo line is necessary.
OR at least a 1-0-1 line.

I am gonna modify the deck a lil' now.

Typhlosion is bettter right unless you want to spread damage. I think the deck is just a little bit fast than the ape, but Infernape is still better.

Blaziken's water weakness hurts, but spreading damage can be really helpful. It won me some of my practice matches. Torchic's T1 burn was helpful too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back