Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

T2Houndoom for Regionals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonstep

I want to know what decklist to play so I can get the experience.

4-4 Houndoom GE
1 Tech (Umbreon Star or Plusle)
= 9

4 Celio
3 Mars
2 TGW
3 Roseanne
4 Quick Ball
3 Pokenav
4 Pokedex Handy
3 Energy Recycle System
3 CC
2 Crystal Beach
2 NM
4 Plus Power
= 37

3 Multi
3 Sp. Dark
4 Basic Dark
4 Fire
= 14

I want this deck fast and disruptive, so don't say 'Why do you play Pokenavs?'.

IMO Pokenav's are a waste in T2 decks becuase they rarely even get a card. If they work for you then use them, but if they don't I would toss them for 3 ER2 for more disruption. And I would play Umbreon* over Plusle just because Minun and Plusle never seem to pull their weight when I use one of them in a deck. If it's disruption you're aiming for, I think you could toss a Celio's for another TGM. That's about it, good deck and good luck at Regionals. I just hope I don't face you, Houndoom tears right through me :frown:.

The good thing about Umbreon Star is that if I am stuck with it, I can snipe. Pokenavs work for me though. I wouldn't toss a Celio because in a T2 Deck 4 Celio work nicely.

I'd advise double rainbows. You wouldn't think houndoom would have energy problems, but it's exactly the kind of deck that does. Hard hitting, discarding deck that requires constant reattach to the active. When that active finally gets ko'ed by their heavy hitter, which has been stall-built behind a wall of furrets or pachirisus, you're going to find that you'll start losing houndooms fast, and the only thing you'll be able to do, at best, is hit them for 20-30 with its first attack. Add to that that you'll more likely get benched, and you have a recipe for disaster. At least DRE will allow you to trade punches a little longer, tossing it for the extra damage and burn.

I'd also find room for castaway.

Hi, My friend has a deck like this.. My advice would be to add in 4 absol, and take out the umberon star because its a one time thing and absol will do the job enough.. Also for the energy it should be

4 multi
4 double rainbow
4 sp. dark
3 basic dark
3 fire

thats what I would do. And for the trainers take out beach, energy recycle, and pokenav, for the absol and mroe useful trainer spotslike more draw power, stevens advice, tv reporter etc..

Wow....dude..I just tested out a T2H deck for the heck of it (a little bit different then yours) and all I can say is AMAZING!!!! I never thought much of it, but now that I played it IDK...I'm pretty tempter to use it for Regionals myself :tongue: I would say to toss a Sp. Dark for a DRE though because it comes in ver handy late game if your opponent manages to get a set-up.

i almost feel this deck needs more pokemon MEW * for example as a mag tech , stuff along those lines but that's just me and how i played it when i tryed it

No DRE because I want to STOP G&G from using it with Crystal Beach. NO Absol, it ruins speed. Possibly 1 DRE.

look at your energy, look at magmorter, then look at mew*

yes 1/1 darkrai is one of the many techs that make this idea work

this MIGHT donk gardy or mag that's a big MIGHT if you can't tell from the capitolization, but without techs it's not enough to consistantly beat either of those decks, i know this for a fact i will back it up as well against my gg over redshark

If you play too many Sp dark, you might run into Multis and cancel it out. I need ONE tech not 2(cardwise). I know this is a idiotic question, but how does the Mew Star strategy work?

well you have to be very careful about energy placements, since houndoom discards energy every turn , but if you can buy a couple early turns with houndooms first attack you should have enough time to copy any of mags attacks that you want, keep in mind you only need 1 fire or multi to deal 50 damage to a mag, and with a multi and a fire you can use rainbow wave to deal 50 to mag and 20 to any fire type on your opponents bench

it doesn't really require much strat at all just put energy on when you can and copy any of your opponents attacks that you need to, using your multis you should be able to copy almost any deck you come across, the 3 energy placements may be slow but to copy and attack like psychic cut can give you a big advantage you wouldn't have otherwise

The only problem is that the deck is supposed to be so fast, my oppontent won't have enough time to get ready. If it is slow the whole strategy is ruined. It's not that I hate the strategy though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back