Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Target Stores and EX Dragon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyogre

<a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p
Well as some people know, Target stores across the country got Sandstorm card in WAY sooner then they should have. Anyone think they will do the same with EX Dragon cards? Or has anyone already seen them at Target? Any Insight?

After the whole "Target Fiasco" before sandstorm even had it's prereleases, Pokemon USA stated that it wouldn't happen again.

My money(if I were a betting man), would be on Target NOT getting it in early agian.

Official release date for Dragon is November 24. Some Target stores may have the product before that date, but who knows if they'll put them on the shelf before the 24th. Many times as I've seen unopened cardboard boxes in the card area that have "do open before..." dates on the outside. Hopefully, Nintendo will print that on all the boxes they ship to Target.

I talked to PUI after Sandstorm and they did say it was not suppose to happen, so I bet they will not get it early like they did last time. The PTO running the Dragon Pre-release will not even get their stuff till this Friday for the event, so Im sure we will not see it at Target this weekend.

I heard that Target got into some hot water with Nintendo over the premature release of the Sandstorm cards. They may have gotten fined in the process.

So, I'd be "no," we won't see the cards early this time round.

- Tony

Gym Leader Blaine said:
I talked to PUI after Sandstorm and they did say it was not suppose to happen, so I bet they will not get it early like they did last time. The PTO running the Dragon Pre-release will not even get their stuff till this Friday for the event, so Im sure we will not see it at Target this weekend.
My guess is that some of the PTO's had something to do with that also - didja see the number of "pre-sales" on eBay for the Sandstorm product? Made me mad as all getout because we PTO's need to have an avenue to get rid of any extra product. Those pre-sales drive the price down to where we wonder if we'll break even on the extra stuff. So I hope they DID clamp down. The product is supposed to support the event - not serve as eBay supplies.

ScythKing said:
My guess is that some of the PTO's had something to do with that also - didja see the number of "pre-sales" on eBay for the Sandstorm product? Made me mad as all getout because we PTO's need to have an avenue to get rid of any extra product. Those pre-sales drive the price down to where we wonder if we'll break even on the extra stuff. So I hope they DID clamp down. The product is supposed to support the event - not serve as eBay supplies.

Yes but you have to remember that the PTO's are only suppose to sell the stuff the day of the tournament, then they have to wait till the release date before they can sell it on ebay or anywere else. :rolleyes:

Gym Leader Blaine said:
Yes but you have to remember that the PTO's are only suppose to sell the stuff the day of the tournament, then they have to wait till the release date before they can sell it on ebay or anywere else. :rolleyes:
I was referring to them overbuying for the purpose of selling.

ScythKing said:

That is true then, they can do that to sell at the tournaments.

I am out every morning at Target when they first open up looking for stuff. I will keeps my eyes out starting this weekend to see if they get Dragon early, of course Im getting it Saturday at the Prerelease anyways.

ScythKing said:

We have to overbuy. We never have any idea how many people to expect. So we buy as much as we think we might need just in case. If we underbuy. we have to turn people away at the door, and that is never a good thing.

farbsman said:
We have to overbuy. We never have any idea how many people to expect. So we buy as much as we think we might need just in case. If we underbuy. we have to turn people away at the door, and that is never a good thing.

That is true you never know how many you are going to really get. I have a pre sign up sheet, but you still dont have a idea. I have maxed out my order with this tournament expecting a lot of players.

To get back on track of the subject, I just hope Target doesnt get Dragon in this week. What good is a prerelease if they can get the cards early at Target. :( Buy hay the tournaments do have a Prerelease promo you cant get at Target ;)

If you do notice pre-sells, please talk about it. (And/or let us know.)

And yeah, this will probably have us chase some bad people off of EBay. (That's right, premier TOs should not be selling product except in limited quantities at the event, until after the release date. Abusing the system, bad! We've been pretty fortunate so far.)

And honestly, I don't think Target broke street date on purpose - just different/poor communication...it's my understanding that it shouldn't happen again. (I won't stake an absolute bond of trust on *never*, but it's been thoroughly discussed and agreed upon.)

Thanks!

mtjimmer said:
If you do notice pre-sells, please talk about it. (And/or let us know.)

Thanks!

eBay "pre-sells" are the normal distributors who are taking pre-orders with the promise to ship on or immediately after the release date. Or are we talking about eBay sellers who are advetising product "in hand" (aka "live") in advance of the release date???

Here is an example of the former:

Each Bid is for a single New and sealed Booster pack taking straight from the box and packed for your order upon they're arrival.

This auction is a PRE_SELL for Nintendo of americas newest Release in the EX series. Pokemon EX Dragon due to be released from nintendo 11/24/2003.

We have Just confirmed this information with nintendo and placed an order for multiple boxes to be shipped to us upon its release.

Be among the first to get these cards, Before you can get them anywhere else.

WHY wait order and reserve your packs now, Packs will ship within 48 hours after us receiving our shipment which is currently scheduled to ge shipped to us on 11-24-2003.

A quick search just now didn't reveal any of the latter.

I liked that they gave sandstorm early. that was nice. i got cards before everyone else. :)
()
-Imperial ()-(^_^)-()
/ \

As long as they're clearly pre-sells, and not actual transactions that are fully completed before the official release of the product...that's fine.

If we found a premier TO abusing our trust, we'd have to do something about it.

I keep checking the local Target in hopes they release Dragon early - since I have no hope of going to a pre-release tourney... No luck yet. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back