Team Aqua Belt

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by TheDancingPeanut, Apr 8, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
  1. TheDancingPeanut

TheDancingPeanut New Member

Can we discuss the rulings on this card a little bit?

The text reads:

Attach Team Aqua Belt to 1 of your pokemon with Team Aqua in its name that doesn't already have a Pokemon Tool attached to it. If that Pokemon is Knocked Out, discard this card.

At any time between turns, if the Pokemon Team Aqua Belt is attached to is your Active Pokemon, search your deck for a card that evolves from that Pokemon and put it on that Pokemon. (This counts as evolving that Pokemon.) Suffle your deck afterward, then discard Team Aqua Belt.

OK, since the evolution isn't happening as a part of my turn (but in between turns) am I able to evolve using TAB, and then evolve on MY turn?

Any maybe this negates the last question, BUT, can I go from a basic to a stage 2 with this?

2. dkates

dkates New Member

I would assume you could evolve normally during your turn -- like you said, the evolution from TAB is between turns. You could check rulings on Star Piece if you want to be sure.

As far as skipping to Stage 2, I don't think you can, since no Stage 2 is considered to "evolve from" any Basics. Rare Candy is a special case, since it specifically says you can go from Basic to Stage 2, but it and Pokémon Breeder are the only cards that say that, so anything else that evolves your Pokémon for you only goes to the next stage.

3. Rainbowgym

Rainbowgym Active Member

I ruled overhere that you can evolve to a stage 2 in your turn after the TAB was in progress, because the stage 1 pokemon was already in play at the start of your turn.

4. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

Yes, the sequence would be:
    Your Turn: Attach Belt to Basic
    Between Turns: Evolve your now active Basic to a Stage 1 using the Belt
    Your Turn: Evolve your Stage 1 to a Stage 2 normally.