Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Team Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokeWisconsin

I was discussing the idea of an official Team Championships with many of the players on Lafonte, and they all agreed that it would be a good idea. The team format hasn't been supported by OP at all, and I think it could be a great way to extend the utility of the cards and to give players another challenge. My initial idea was to have the Team Championship at Gencon, a large convention where Pokemon has nothing other than the usual Modified and Unlimited events, maybe some sealed. It would draw a lot of players to the convention for Pokemon, which would be great for the game. What do you guys think? I know I would love to see a Team Championship next year. Let's let POP know how much fun it would be!

I remember playing in the one Wizards held at Origins way back when. It was a blast. Team is probably the most fun format out of them all.

Yea, I would be all for it. It would help encourage more sportsmanship, teamwork, and the SOTG (spirit of the game) ideals, which is what this game is about.

CMT

CHARIZARDMASTERTRAINER said:
Yea, I would be all for it. It would help encourage more sportsmanship, teamwork, and the SOTG (spirit of the game) ideals, which is what this game is about.
how?
PokeWisconsin said:
The team format hasn't been supported by OP at all
I heard there was a team event at 2004 US Nationals, using these rules. Was that the only large event using team rules?

Rulemaster said:
if this happened, maybe some people would have a reason to go to gencon :D

And a reason to use some of the horrendous pokemon cards they've released.

Luvdisc!?

[1] Paralyzing Kiss - If there are 2 Defending Pokemon in play, choose 1 of the Defending Pokemon. That Pokemon is now Paralyzed. (If there is only 1 Defending Pokemon, this attack does nothing.)

WHAT!?

One of my best Poke'memories was playing in the team event with my then 8 year old son at the FAT.

Team should be brought back...a great way to play as a group!

They need to update the rules to hybrid with the Wizards rules.

Thanks

Vince

I'd support it, a lot of "team decks" would spot up that otherwise wouldnt be in the typical metagames. I've always enjoyed the team drafts at origins that usually go on, and to have an actual event dedicated to it...whoooohooo!

But I dont know....There would have to be ALOT of pokemon to make gencon worth a visit again.

The Team Rules would have to get fixed up a bit, unless they've been overhauled since the Team Sealed event at Origins 04. Ron13 and I took 2nd in it, but still, the rules for sleep and stuff we way to broken, IMO.

If the status condition rules were fixed up and everything, I think some kinda of large scale Team Tournament would be really fun.

Whether Gencon is a good place or not can be argued, but it's better then being at Origins when the normal Nats is going on.

Who would want to give it a go at GenCon, this year? I would be willing to organize it and provide some prizes for it.

I never liked Team. But, I've always thought it would be "neat" to have a World Cup type format like Decipher does.

Each "Cup" team has 3 players, 1 being the captain. Teams are paired against each other randomly in a Swiss-style tournament. When the teams meet, the captains "draw straws". The winning captain picks 1 player from each team to play Game A. The losing captain picks 1 remaining player from each team to play Game B. Game C is the last player from each team. It's basically a best-of-3 match with the match-win going to the team whose players win the most games.

It suits the meta-game well because Cup teams can play a diversity of decks and try to get good matchups. Nevertheless, even in a good matchup, the player with the lesser deck might actually be the better player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back