Discussion in 'Anime Realm' started by TeamRocket, Feb 17, 2004.
Team Rocket is the best in the world. It beats Team Aqua, and Team Magma.
Please explain why you think that is, otherwise it's either spam, which gets locked/deleted, or a poll, which also gets locked/deleted.
Because their antics and numerous schemes provide comic relief to the show. It also helps the twerps with their training and thus Team Rocket benefits the twerps more.
FYI: Jessie's Wurmple is cuter.
Team Aqua and Team Magma are alot more interesting than the Rockets. So far, there's been alot better development around the two gangs, making them more interesting. All we've really ever seen of the Rockets involved Jessie and James or Butch and Cassidy. The only times that you can really see the Rockets at their best was the whole Mewtwo plot which involved the first movie and the TV special.
Team Aqua and Team Magma easily beat the Rockets out by their usage of Pokémon and how they deal with things to gain the upperhand.
i have to agree with Elite Trainer Raven Team Aqua and Team Magma seems more unpredictiable that the ususal Team Rocket moto do their plan and flys in the air or in the championships sell "badges" yet they only showed a few member of Team Rocket the Series should expand on their cause out side of the movie.
For us americans they haven't expand on team aqua and team magma so you shouldn't believe one team is better untill they showed more of it
I agree. While it's still mainly a matter of perception, which team is better is a subject of plenty of debate, and I don't know if there will ever be a right answer.
Sure, we've seen some Team Aqua/Magma members than handle their Pokemon well and seem to have decent plans and ideas, but simply because we see Jessie, James and Meowth more often than not in the series doesn't exactly set the prime example for the Rocket organization as a whole. Remember, there have been plenty of times where Team Rocket has been a real honest-to-goodness threat in the series, such as the episodes that took place on board the St Anne, along with Jessie and James' very first appearance in the PokeCenter in Viridian City.
Not every Team Rocket member is as easy to topple as Jessie and James are, like Domino, Butch and Cassidy, and even Annie and Oakley proved themselves as threatening. I'm sure that the opposite is true for Team Aqua/Magma as well. But we haven't seen enough of Aqua/Magma to discern their true intentions(in the anime, at least) of what they plan to do.
Thing is, Annie and Oakley aren't originally part of the Rockets. For whatever reason, the dub made them a part of the Rocket Gang. They're just the #1 thieves known in the world.
If you think about it, Aqua and Magma are alot more threatening. The Rockets deal with stealing Pokémon and other illegal affairs. Aqua and Magma plan on resurecting Pokémon that have been slumbering for centuries and could destroy the entire planet if they awaken.
The one episode in Johto where we're given a deeper look at the Rockets (where Delibird also follows Musashi and Kojiro) is a good example of what should have been done more for the Rockets. Oh, and once again, a decent special was skipped. A look at Musashi, Kojiro, and Meowth's training to become Rocket Gang members. We'll most likely never see 'em. :\
Just to be odd, I think the Pokemon Mystery Club from the Johto episode with the Cleffa is the best group of "villains". I like being a rebel! lol
i like team Aqua and Magma they seem more better than team rocket but Team Rocket is ok too!!!!!!!
What I am about to explain to you is based on my point of views and the fact that I am real actual hard core Team Rocket fan
I think Team Rocket is better then Team Magma and Team Aqua. Yeah, the plots of taking over the world by flooding it or making it nothing but land and mountains is davasting in the thought of if that could ever happen but I feel like the idea of having those two new Organizations was just idea they slapped into the game withough much creativity in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, they are cool and all but I don't think they'll top some of the stuff Team Rocket has done in the past. See, there is some pretty deep stuff along with story behind Team Rocket so far. Starting from their existence up til the last time a serious Team Rocket event had existed. Hoping to be one of the most powerfullest forces on the face of planet, no matter how low or underhanded it is though, they'll do whatever it takes to get what they want. They've gone to the extent of owning rare and valuable possessions that are worth alot in money. Stealing or capturing powerful, rare, and/or valuable Pokemon that they could use as weapon against all that oppose to them, to own or sell (the Pokemon) for large amounts of money. They even try obtaining the lastest in high tech discoveries and machinery from other sources. When it comes to being at the fore-front of science and technology, their team of scientist and engineers will do cruel expiriements and tests on Pokemon to make sure its effective and worth the investment. All this led by one man (Giovanni) who dreams that one day all living things will do exactly what he says. Now if stuff like pokemon cruelty isn't bad enough, think of the history of stuff they've done in all the series of stories they were in in which some of you have mention but I'll mention myself.
Great moments in Team Rocket from the Anime Series:
1. Jessie and James making their appearence.
2. Battle Aboard the St. Anne (First real Team Rocket attack)
3. Cassidy and Butch making their appearene.
4. Giovanni making his appearences (not fantasies from J&J)
5. The Mewtwo CD Drama Saga (The past of Team Rocket. Giovannis mother, Madam Boss was the leader at the time and sent Jessies Mother Miyamoto to go after Mew in the snow summit, supposenly the mother dissappeared after that)
6. The 2nd Part of the Mewtwo Saga where Mewtwo is created after findind a fossil of Mew. At the same time, there was that scientist who led the research program, the same person who wanted to find a way to get his daughter after losing her and went to Giovanni to get that help, doing whatever Giovanni told him to do in exchange. Thats when the whole Mewtwo project goes boom and Mewtwo is on the loose.
7. Then after understanding his true purpose thanks to Ash. We now go the 3 Part of the Mewtwo Saga. Where Giovanni is deternmind to get him and own him as his personal property. Domino makes her appearence and Team Rocket members are abundent throughout all the Saga.
8. Then theres The Celebi incident where Bisashu (Iron Mask) makes his appearence and what he does as a Team Rocket member.
9. Then theres the Baby Lugia case where Dr. Namba, Cassidy, Butch and a crew of Team Rocket members attempt to get Lugia.
10. Then theres the Red Gyarados case. Tyson, the squadron leader makes his appearence along with Professor Sebastian.
11. The Lavitar event after finding his mother (I only herd about there being Team Rocket members in it).
12. Then theres the Raikou incident where Bashou & Buson try to capture Raikou. Professor Sebastian being in that one.
13. Some side characters like Wendy, Mondo, the Coach from when J&J where in training and that Scout looking for new members.
Thats all I can think of for that series...
Great moments from the Manga series...
1. Lt. Surge, Sabrina and Koga are part of thje Elite Rankings of Team Rocket.
2. Team Rocket the organization itself trying to find Mew several times.
3. Looking for the Moon Stone.
4. Red finding out that Gary was under Gastlys control in the Pokemon Tower, in which Koga was behind all the spookes that went on there.
5. Doing a mean expirement on Evee which allowed it to evolve into any of its evolve forms but made it weak.
6. Team Rocket searching and capturing all Legendary Birds.
7. Team Rockets Hiding places like the Casino and their main headquarters in Saffron City in which was under siege.
8. Mewtwo is now on the loose thanks to Team Rocket in which Mewtwo broke free and destroyed everything in its path.
9. Battling with Giovanni.
10. Later in the Manga seris, everyone thought Team Rocket was gone for good until the commanders came in and started chaos in the St. Anne.
Thats about it from that series...
Great moments from the Video Game series...
1. Theres the Moon Stone incident.
2. Some small events in Cerulean City.
3. The Celedon City incident.
4. The Saffron City incident.
5. Battling Giovanni himself.
6. Jessies and James making their appearences in the Yellow Version.
7. Team Rocket making a comeback by stealing all the slowpoke tails in the Slowpoke well.
8. The Red Gyarados incident. Their headquarters not being too far away.
9. The Pokemon Radio Tower takeover.
10. Some other side stuff that occur throughout the G/S series.
Thats all from that series....
Side stuff thats out there...
1. Machines, Gyms, Traps, Expirements, different ranks, owning pokemon Ect.
The list goes on and on but what I have told you is some of the stuff thats out there in which Team Rocket was involved in compared to what Team Aqua and Magma have done so far. I want to point out one more thing about why I like Team Rocket alot. They seem a little more realistic in the sense of how they want to rule the world and how it bends with things that have happened in reality or could relate to reality compared to wanting nothing but water or land in the world. And yse, judging from this post, I am a total Team Rocket freak. Sorry if the post is so long, I'm not trying to annoy you guys by making this long post and stuff, I just wanted to point out what I had to say in the best way possible. Thank you for being patient when reading this if you did read it
One of my fondest memories of Team Rocket was their fist fight with Ash in the Toshihiro Ono comics...it's the clefairy episode. Punch to the gut! ZING!
Jessie and James desecrate the name of Team Rocket. Rocket seems to be a huge Pokémon crime syndicate with operations all over the place and in a heck of a lot of fields, mostly the capture of rare Pokémon for their own ends. Aqua and Magma, in contrast, seem to be limited exclusively to the Hoenn region and are single-minded in their goals, even if these goals are more devastating than that of Team Rocket.
Team Rocket did, however, engineer their own Pokémon from the DNA of a super-legendary. Let's see Aqua and Magma do that.
Oh yes. I've seen Claymore's clips of the Raikou special but haven't been able to find the entire thing. It's a shame, since not only are those two elite members of Team Rocket, their mech has uber style. Plus, Vashou (that's how I've seen it romanized the most often) is one of the only bishounen in Pokémon. That counts for a lot.
Separate names with a comma.