Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Teetering on the edge-Gyrados*/ Feraligatr/Delcatty

Status
Not open for further replies.

nekorion

Point 1: This deck is for amusement more than anything, and also probably more risky than it needs to be. In reality there is very little a deck could do against this deck if it was "set up" as well.

Pokemon 21
3 Pachirisu
1 Gyrados d Star
3-1-3 Feraligatr
2-2 Claydol GE
3-1/2 Delcatty CG/Delcatty ex

Trainers 21
4 Roseanne's Research
4 Bebe's Search
4 Quick Ball
4 Rare Candy
3 Island Hermit
2 Time-Space Distortion

Energy 18
7 :fire:
7 :water:
4 DRE

Strategy: Get all your pokemon out. They're all vital, and each one plays a part. After they're all powered up, you're goal is to use Gyrados d Stars "All out blast". Unnecessary yes, but it'll be your first kill. From now, its useless, so if it dies, thats fine, You're next step is bring up delcatty ex and use upsteam, which will most likely be your next kill, and it will also make the remainer of your deck energy, and just eneregy, the deck relies on this. Also from this point on, you're completely immune to wagers since the rest of the deck is just energy regardless =P

From then on its just a matter of using cosmic power to get 6 energies in your hand, then energy cyclone on feraligatr every turn for 120 damage.

Inventive? Not really.
Risky? Yeah
Unnecessary? I think so
Comment welcome? As always absolutely. This deck just begs to be criticized.

edits:
1: took out unnecesary magikarps
2: removed dugtrio tech as this deck becomes a powerhouse quickly, split the delcatty line for additional draw. Added TSD, removed fairly unnecessary switch, experimenting with pachirisu for speed purposes/need to remove cess crystals if they come out.

Last edited:
I posted a Gyarados*/Delcatty ex deck on here a while ago, but it depended on keeping Gyarados* alive... this is much more creative, and substantially more effective. The damage from Feraligatr is very nice, and Delcatty ex goes nicely with Claydol, because you should never have more than six cards in your hand, and thus you can use Constrain without hurting yourself.

Just hope that you don't run into Aggron PK, Charizard* DF, Entei SW, Groudon ex promo, Rhyperior DP, or Swampert GE after you do All Out Blast, or else you're liable to be handed an insta-loss when they discard your last card. Fortunately, none of these cards are exceptionally popular (except maybe Swampert), so it's not a huge concern.

I know that "DURRRR ADD SOME TSD" is a common though not particularly helpful deck suggestion, but this is one case where I could justify it. If you could get one or two in your hand before you dump your deck into the discard, then you can stick them back into the deck with Claydol and hope to draw them later when you've lost some Pokemon and need to get yourself set back up.

Very cool deck... I may have to put it together in Redshark and see how it plays.

I took in the suggestions thought about them, made some suggestions and overall tried ironing out the kinks (difficult to do without actually playing the deck, yet fairly easy since some of the choices were fairly bad to begin with)

I think the deck will run much smoother this way. Power based draw from delcatty, making lines not have to be tweeked too much. Pachirisu provides fairly easy way to find the basics in the deck, especially gyrados, without having to waste an entire supporter turn on looking for him.

1x Gyarados* d
4-4 Delcatty ex CG

4x Island Hermit (To look prizes if Gyarados is there)
4x Quick Ball
4x PETM/Bebe's
3x TSD

and rest is Fire energy

pokemon:17
2-2 delcatty EX
1 gyrados*
2-2-2 feraligatr
2-2-2 togekiss

energy:18
6 fire
10 water
2 DRE

you will have a hard time getting togekiss and feraligatr becasue all your rare candy will be gone but it should set-up fast

pokemon:17
2-2 delcatty EX
1 gyrados*
2-2-2 feraligatr
2-2-2 togekiss

energy:18
6 fire
10 water
2 DRE

you will have a hard time getting togekiss and feraligatr becasue all your rare candy will be gone but it should set-up fast

All that'll do is get the "burn+upsteam" portion of the deck gotton to faster. Removing claydol breaks the deck. The whole discarding you're entire deck and then using upsteam isn't supposed to be the goal of the deck.

The goal of the deck is to turn feraligatr into a surefire 120 damage machine, a genuinly frightening idea.. Claydol achieves this end by letting it draw to 6 cards of all of which are HAVE to be energy because of burn->upsteam. The alternate delcatty is there for one reason and one reason alone. Not everything will die with an 120 damage hit. Blissey for example could take one hit, and ruin the entire deck. Using the other delcatty will allow you to discard a single card energy to draw 3 more [energy] cards. That'll bring damage to 160 for that turn. It will kill anything but wailord and lets face it, there isn't much seen of him.

Togekiss will get it set up faster, yes but removing him at the expense of claydol and the other delcatty isn't worth it.. I'd rather set up take longer then sweep with barely a care in the world, then to get 2 easy kills, possibly a third easy one then struggle for every kill thereafter.

I understand the need for the deck to be faster, but it's not likely itll happen easly, and adding a togekiss just makes the deck more inconsistant because of the extra line.

ah yes i forgot about claydol here is a better version
pokemon:21
1 gyra*
2-2 claydol
2-2 delcatty EX
2-2-2 togekiss
2-2-2 feraligatr

energy:
3 DRE
6 water
7 fire

Status