TFG questions

Discussion in 'Trading Figure Game' started by freakysmiley, Nov 14, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
  1. freakysmiley

freakysmiley New Member

General questions

can you attack twice per turn with different pokemon of course ?

can you move one pokemon but then attack with a different one ?

and to top it off who is your favourite/s and why
    please post spoilers with your favourites if you can or have time

i like zangoose good defender as it has lots of dodge and normally gets either 90 dodge or doubles attack

meowth is also one of my favorite for fake out helps against good defenders

(although i really shouldn't be allowed to choose as i haven't even seen half of the figures)

2. Luxatos

Luxatos <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

The rules questions you have are answered plainly in the rulebook. You only choose ONE of your figures to move during your turn, and you can only attack with the figure that you chose to move, if you moved one.

As far as favorites... well... I don't have much time right now to explain why, but I like Salamence, Zangoose, Eevee, and Murkrow. If I had them, Charizard and Beedrill would be awesome combined with the X Accuracy trainer.

3. mtjimmer

mtjimmer Master Trainer, Emeritus

(Covered in rulebook and above.)

I just played a game over lunch...we took turns drafting Pokemon from the pool of figures available.

I've always liked Teddiursa, so that's the first one I drafted. My opponent was picking up heavy-hitters (Groudon x2, Salamence, Feraligatr, Meowth, and Charizard.) I decided I would go for some tricks...Abra, Skarmory, Murkrow, and a couple tanks - Groudon and Feraligatr.

I won several early games very quickly - all of those heavy hitters weren't fast enough to stop tricks. My opponent swapped in Murkrow for Charizard, and we got bogged down into a longer game. I lost a lot of match-ups I was expecting to win on...he spent most of the game with just his Murkrow on his Bench - I think I lost about 15 battles in a row. (Well, Abra's Blue is kind of a loss.) Eventually, his Feraligatr got off Wash Away, and I couldn't get back to my Goal.

It was a fun lunch break.

4. meganium45

meganium45 Active Member

Who was your opponent?

V

5. Jran Sakarra

Jran Sakarra Active Member

My fav is EEVEE!
    I also like Murkrow

6. freakysmiley

freakysmiley New Member

it doesn't say you can only attack once or you can only attack with the pokemon you move

"you can attack an adjacent pokemon if you move your figure next to an opponents pokemon"

so only the pokemon you move which i guess cancels out both those questions

and im guessing your pokemon can't start moving forward then turn around ?

Last edited: Nov 15, 2007
  7. hectagonman

hectagonman New Member

it can turn around. But it does say in the rulebook that you can only attack once with the pokemon you just moved.

8. freakysmiley

freakysmiley New Member

oh ok but in the rule book on the 4th page in the orange it says you may mob\ve your pokemon to a new space but not back

9. mtjimmer

mtjimmer Master Trainer, Emeritus

The art director, Rick - he and I have played the game a bit in the past...a friendly rivalry. I did manage to KO his Meowth from surround eventually, but it was too late.

10. Luxatos

Luxatos <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

It does, actually. Page 6 under Attack:

And there are several places where it says to choose ONE Pokemon, including page 4.

Admittedly, the rulebook doesn't really say when your turn ends. Alas.