Thank You Volunteers

Discussion in 'World Championships' started by Chewie, Aug 19, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Chewie

Chewie New Member

I would like to say THANK YOU, to all of you that Volunteered.

Your time was appreciated.

Once again,

Thanks

Ronae (chewie)

2. Aardvarkvcg

Aardvarkvcg New Member

Thank you!

I want to chime in and also say thank you to all the volunteers.
    Thank you Ro for the tireless work you did organizing the volunteers.

3. SteveP

SteveP Active Member

...and...

Thank you volunteers who stayed home and ran the local leagues when all the big wigs were gone.

:biggrin::thumb:

4. Jaeger

Jaeger New Member

I also sign this thank you.

5. EeveeLover

EeveeLover Member Services Administrator

I want to say thanks as well. Without the Volunteers, the events would not have run nearly as well. I spent the weekend working with some great folks.

Chewie - thanks for all the great help you sent us.

6. Flambeke

Flambeke New Member

All the volunteers were wonderful. They really did work HARD!

Thanks for the help.

7. Prime

Prime Content Developer<br>Blog Admin<br>Contest Host

I'm going to pass the thanks right back to the judges, and the staff at the event. Thank you for all your time, effort, and professionalism. Thank you to the Translators for allowing communication among the 25 different countries being represented at Worlds. Thank you to the staff working behind the computers that kept the events going and the volunteers busy. Thank you to the runners that kept the rounds timely, and thank you to the Schell family for taking fantastic photos like always.

There are many people that deserve thanks for the event turning out so well. Keep than thanks moving!

8. Lawman

Lawman Active Member

The volunteers were GREAT! So were the translators, the runners, other staff, the hive and the best darn judging team ever assembled to date!

Keith

9. BJJ763

BJJ763 Trading Mod Supervisor Staff Member Trader Feedback Mod

Hooray Green shirts!

And Yellow!

And Red!

And Blue!

10. spookees

spookees Active Member

I too would like to say THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH to ALL those who volunteered their time to help make this the best event!
    All of you were awesome!! thank you so much!!

11. EeveeLover

EeveeLover Member Services Administrator

I say we all thank Spookees, for not having to hurt anyone this weekend. Well, other than me.

12. PokeDad

PokeDad Forum Moderator

I want to add my thanks to Ronae, Patricia, Jason, Dave, and Bob who let me work for them this weekend. It was an honor to work with all of the other volunteers.

13. Lawman

Lawman Active Member

I want to send a personal thank you to PokeDad!! :clap: :clap: :clap: He was a H U G E help sitting next to Jason the entire day for Swiss saturday. If you know Jason, he is a good player from Australia, but he has handicaps. Having an aide sit with him helps the match move forward and the oppo. gets a fair game too that is timely. Last year in Hawaii, one of the judges sat with him the entire time (Steve Arena). it was decided to go with a volunteer this year to keep the judges judging. It worked out well for all!

So, on bahalf of the entire MAs judging team....THANK YOU POKEDAD!!!!!

Keith

14. PokeDad

PokeDad Forum Moderator

I loved working for Jason, he is a great player and I got to watch 7 solid games of Pokemon. I had the best job of anyone this year and would love to do it again next year!

15. Jason

Jason New Member

Well gentlemen, if Ill be back to play in the main event again next year - it'll be someone else, to take turn to experience the unique opportunity.

Cya in San Diego 2009, everyone :)

16. The Fish King

The Fish King New Member

Let's not forget to give a big thank you to the volunteers that are rarely seen. The Anaconda in the movie room and the team that ran Pokemon League. The worked hard and deserve their own special credit too.