Thanks POP!

Discussion in 'State/Province/Territory Championships' started by LucarioLvlX, Mar 4, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
  1. LucarioLvlX

LucarioLvlX New Member

On Saturday March 1 my family and I drove to Georgetown to play in the Ontario Provincial Championship. We were there for more than 8 hours and we had a great time in the company of more than 100 people. Between us we played 18 matches, winning 13 and losing 6.

At the end of the day we left with 52 Great encounters packs, 3 promo cards, 1 staff promo card, 2 pins (for some reason 2 of us never got handed pins), an Empoleon bag, an Infernape binder a Torterra notebook and a $300 travel award. My son walked out with the heaviest first place trophy I have ever seen and the biggest smile on his face!

Total cost, about $6 in gas and $15 for food. We will remember this day for a long time.

The very next day 28 players showed up at our league to play for another 3 hours.

Special thanks to Marvin and his crew. To Matt for all of our playtesting. To Geneses and BJ for their enthusiasm. To all of the players who exhibited the spirit of the game.

Thanks POP!

2. Jason

Jason New Member

Way to show off the true Spirit of the Game :)

3. AnimeDDR110

AnimeDDR110 New Member

Agreed.

4. Spirit Of Mew

Spirit Of Mew New Member

I love this report you are so happy and in high spirits I wish I knew you because these are my favorite kind of people.

Good Job to your son. See Ya at NATS!

5. Throne0fLegends

Throne0fLegends New Member

Hey it's always fun play testing with you guys =D.. back at it for regionals =D

6. Tego

Tego New Member

Posts like these fill me up with new enthusiasm for organizing the best premier events possible for my players. This is what it's all about, creating a day for someone that they won't forget! ^___^

7. Nu Gundam

Nu Gundam New Member

Gee Paul, you sure sound very enthusiastic :tongue: , so does that also mean I will see you in Vancouver if I decided to go to Nationals? :biggrin:

8. pokemonmike

pokemonmike Active Member

Wow it sounded like you all had a super day! GJ on your son getting first place as well.:thumb:

I look forward to meeting all the players outside of BC in Vancouver for Nat's!

9. Flaming_Spinach

Flaming_Spinach Feature Editor

Ah, but how much did your decks cost?

:wink::wink::thumb: