Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

The Ace

Cyrus

Iron Chef - Master Emeritus
All right guys, so before we get into the bulk of this "report," I would like to say a few things - things you would normally expect from a "tournament" report:

-I head judged the professor cup, and it was a BLAST! I had many fun moments - namely when I DQ'ed Schwimmer, and gave John Sp. a game loss for running GG. ;)

-I went 5-4 in the main event.
-I beat David Garza, Zach Cook, Justin Catapang, Michael Barlock, and Stu Benson
-I lost to Chris Fulop, Bigginz, Jake Shpringman, and ???. Two of the losses were very illegit, but all of the people were nice.

-I likely lost my ranking invite; however, the rankings are VERY messed up right now, and Canada/Mexico aren't uploaded (Canada hasn't even been held...), so I still stand a chance. I don't mind playing the grinder, though.

All right, that's all you guys get in terms of Pokemon reporting. If you want to read exclusively about Pokemon, then read someone else's report.

Now, about the titular "Ace"...

~~~Thursday~~~

Thursday night, my brother, Deus ex Machina, JKwarrior, Team R, Team Rocket, and a majority of the Elite Four were all hanging around the playing area. Then, all of a sudden...A very weird fellow came up to our table and said:

"HEY GUYS, ANYONE GOT A DECK BOX?!?!?!"

I, having won numerous deck boxes from league prior to this moment, responded shyly:

"Uh...I have an extra deck box."

To which he responded,

"HOW MUCH YA WANT FOR IT?!"

"I don't know...How much would you like to pay for it?"

At that point, this insane guy, who self-referenced himself as "The Ace," SLAMMED a wad of cash on the table...Which amounted to three bucks. Obviously, I took this deal, seeing as how the deck boxes took ten cents or less to make.

~~~Friday~~~

Roughly twenty hours after our first encounter with "The Ace," a much more limited group from the previous day, plus ColdCoates90, made it our duty to get real testing in. Fortunately, The Ace came back yet again, to remind us of what's important in life...

(note: kids, NEVER ask for a game the way "The Ace" does)

"ANYONE WANNA DIE?!"

At this point, my crew was very confused/scared, and even I was left speechless for about ten seconds. He then clarified, saying if anyone wanted to die...In Pokemon.

Well, since nobody (understandably) wanted to die at a Pokemon tournament, he chose an opponent, and that opponent...Was my brother. So they played a couple of games: Turn Two Blissey VS Kricketune/Masquerain/Ariados with four Mom's Kindness.

As you can tell, the consistency of this deck was not too solid, so my brother naturally earned some easy wins on him.

So how does The Ace respond to losing? Well, I'll tell ya...

Not too well..

"MAAAN, THAT'S SOME ******* ***** ****!"

Eventually, he just gave up and walked away, muttering things about Magic: The Gathering.

Thus ended the greatest moment of Pokemon TCG history: our chance encounter with The Ace.

Last edited:
I got to deal with him five or six times during my sitting on the stage.

I'm not sure why he thought I would know anything about Magic or when the next Yugioh event was.

Wish I met him, sounds funny.

A drunk guy did walk up to me and say,"Dddon't you do thatt to me!" as I walked towards the elevator past the bar.

NICE Kettler! Glad you enjoyed your stint as HJ @ Prof Cup. GL in the Grinder (if the rankings dont work out)

Keith

That Ace guy is a genius.

There's no way he's really a meth-addicted bum, though. He's probably just acting . . . and oh how I wish I would have thought of that first.

I owe him a drink.

His Origins badge actually read "The Ace". I did a doubletake.

As did I when he came Sat morning to see me in the registration line- I was like is that your "real " name and he said "yup"...thought about questioning it and then decided to send him YOUR WAY! LOL! Mike L. took care of that!

I remember Liesik talking to "The Ace" during registration. I recall Mike telling him he didnt believe his first name was "The", so he had to tell them his correct name since aliases werent allowed in the tourney. Dunno what his real name is, but you wont find the name "The Ace" on the standings!

Keith

I knew The Ace from last year. This was his first year playing in Nats. Last year he had never even heard of pokemon until Zach F and Ryan V told him about it. Look at him now!

"I couldn't draw into any of my spinarak or potion!"-Ace, discussing his bad beat after round 4.

The Ace seems to have made quite an impression this year, although those of you wishing you'd had a chance to meet him missed nothing IMHO. I unfortunately had a brief, although not brief enough for my liking, encounter with The Ace after lunch on Saturday. He showed up around three o'clock very upset that he'd missed two rounds of play and been dropped from the tournament.

He was essentially demanding that we do something about "our problem". I mentioned to him that there was an announcment about the break ending at 2:00 PM, and there were signs all over the place, including right next to where we were standing. At that point he said it was announced on stage that the break ended at 3:00 PM. When I informed him that it was me that had made the lunch break announcement, and it was in fact announced that it ended at 2:00 PM, he simply called me a liar and went on with his complaining. I wish he'd stuck with Magic.

Anyway, we finally put him back into the tournament with losses for the rounds he missed and he went on with his mission to make 2008 US Nat's a memorable event for as many of you as possible. I couldn't believe it when I saw a thread about this clown. :nonono:

BDS

omg he was following me friday night talking about the parade that just went by and talking to me about the naked girls were better than pokemon im like.. uhh yep.. and was walking pretty fast.. XD.

Im scared still..

but anyway GJ kettlz

Back